PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts VS. Steelers...why choose steelers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skri65

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
It seems like most of you are picking us playing the steelers in the afc champ. game.

The steelers got rocked by the colts last time. Personally, I'd love to see us playing the steelers, mainly because we can stop their biggest weapon, the run. But the colts havent changed, why are most of you guys choosing the pitts over the colts?

skri65 said:
It seems like most of you are picking us playing the steelers in the afc champ. game.

The steelers got rocked by the colts last time. Personally, I'd love to see us playing the steelers, mainly because we can stop their biggest weapon, the run. But the colts havent changed, why are most of you guys choosing the pitts over the colts?

Most would agree Colts should win but, even in victory the Colts will have received 3 games worth of physical punishment by Pittsburgh.

Last edited:
skri65 said:

Two words: Home game.

I doubt whether the Steelers can make it past Indy. They don't have the firepower to get into a shootout with them. If the game keeps low scoring, maybe.
Both AFC home teams present hugematchup problems to the visitors.

Even the Steeler fans I know, know the Steelers are handicapped by their coach. "Cowher will never win the big one" they always say. I personally like Cowher, he's a fiery coach like Gruden. I'd be suprised if the Steelers pull this one off, but then again, both teams have a history of choking. I hope they beat the crap out of each other (no injuries), Pitt wins, and comes in hurting to the AFCCG (hopefully in Foxborough).

i want indy! well let me rephrase that, if the pats win i want indy, if they lose i dont care

ClosingTime said:
I doubt whether the Steelers can make it past Indy. They don't have the firepower to get into a shootout with them. If the game keeps low scoring, maybe.

That's true ClosingTime, but I think both the Pats and Steelers have the physical and mental toughness to weather their respective challenges. The Steelers D is obviously physical enough to present problems for the Colts offense, and both teams are at very different spots from when they played their opponents earlier in the season.

ClosingTime said:

Not really

The New England team currently playing now is far different from the one that played Denver earlier in the year. Hobbs has fixed the problem at CB, the problem at Safety isnt as big as it was then, the OL has gotten better, and the Front seven is playing at championship level. Sure Denver can win that game next week, but they wont run up and down the field like they did earlier in the year.

As for the Pittsburgh game, just take Mannings knee out like you guys did to Palmer and you should be fine.

You can be sure of one thing - NO WAY will the Broncos get 180 yards rushing against us this time.

This years trend is home teams losing in the playoffs (exception - Patriots). Trend will continue, see you all in Detriot.

Pats D-line has problems with quick, pulling, trapping O-lines, which DEnver is the best. Pats DL matches up well with an OL that tries to block straight on.
On the other side, DEnver has been creating good pressure with their front 4. I think you can run on them but they are very good agaist the pass. Pats strength is passing. Should be a great game.
I think the Pats match up better with Indy than they do the Broncos for these reasons.
THis isn;t to say neither road teams can win, I think they can, but both are faced with teams that attack their weaknesses..

Last edited:
The Pats team is not the same as when they played Denver earlier, and neither is Pittsburgh the same as the first time they played the Colts. Especially the Colts were peaking at that time they played.

PatsWorldChamps said:
Two words: Home game.

I don't understand why people are having so much difficulty grasping such a simple concept.

ClosingTime said:
Hey, have a little faith in your boys. That first game they were out-muscled, which should not have happened, and they let crowd noise get to them through lack of discipline on the o-line. Coach Chin will have them practice the silent snap count 'til they can do it in their sleep and they will NOT let the Colts beat them at the LOS. They will be dogs in the Vegas spread, but I'd give them an even shot to win.

I've always felt the key to beating the Colts is to hit them in the mouth and no team does that better than the Steelers.

Oh yeah, maybe one other team.

Good luck. Would love to see you catch the Logan Express to Foxboro. We'll be waiting. ;)

PatsFan37 said:
Hey, have a little faith in your boys. That first game they were out-muscled, which should not have happened, and they let crowd noise get to them through lack of discipline on the o-line. Coach Chin will have them practice the silent snap count 'til they can do it in their sleep and they will NOT let the Colts beat them at the LOS. They will be dogs in the Vegas spread, but I'd give them an even shot to win.

I've always felt the key to beating the Colts is to hit them in the mouth and no team does that better than the Steelers.

Oh yeah, maybe one other team.

Good luck. Would love to see you catch the Logan Express to Foxboro. We'll be waiting. ;)
Don't get too ****y. I'll be here to welcome the Pats to the "Dome of Terror" personally. Btw beat Denver first.

ColtsFan4Life said:
Don't get too ****y. I'll be here to welcome the Pats to the "Dome of Terror" personally. Btw beat Denver first.

"Dome of Terror" :rofl:

That may well be a good name for it next Sunday afternoon.

ColtsFan4Life said:

Did you see Eli yesterday? Looks like the Manning playoff choke runs in the family.

Willie55 said:
Did you see Eli yesterday? Looks like the Manning playoff choke runs in the family.

Apparently when it was time for daddy to teach them how to win, he couldn't find any examples in his own life to draw from.

Even if Pitt doesn't win, they will beat the Colts up physically.

But, we have to beat Denver before we start thinking too much about the Colts.

Flying Fungi said:
Apparently when it was time for daddy to teach them how to win, he couldn't find any examples in his own life to draw from.
:rofl:

FF, You Big Bully! :singing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes