PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts Stiffing Scouts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the Pats haven't exactly been saints since SB 36. Since then, they've cut the number of Cheerleaders they had. They also did not hand out rings to everyone for SB38 and 39 the way they did with SB36. And I can remember there being some animosity about those moves.

I don't care what you say, Jamin Elliot can whine all he wants, he does not deserve a SB ring! LOL.

I bet the QB is getting the extra :D

He must need it...considering the lack of endorsement deals he is getting.

Heck..the guy is a SB MVP, and he has to make B-day party appearences for 7-year olds!!??

Sheesh!! The poor guy must be scrapping for food! :cool:

I didn't say they were perfect. But this doesn't make a whole ot of sense. The only place that has mentioned this is PFT and they are 50% at best when it come to rumors.

Agreed. Although, if inaccurate, it is an oddly specific inaccuracy. Perhaps it is only revealing part of the story...e.g., there were different levels of remuneration for scouts...

I don't care what you say, Jamin Elliot can whine all he wants, he does not deserve a SB ring! LOL.

I could care less about Jamin Elliott. I was just pointing out that there was a big to do after SB38 and many of the people who had gotten rings after SB36 were expecting them and then got their panties is a wad because they were told it wasn't happening for SB38.

He must need it...considering the lack of endorsement deals he is getting.

Heck..the guy is a SB MVP, and he has to make B-day party appearences for 7-year olds!!??

Sheesh!! The poor guy must be scrapping for food! :cool:

Check your facts. That story was wrong. It was a corporate party. Stories like that are perfect examples of why I have some doubts about rumors like this.

Check your facts. That story was wrong. It was a corporate party. Stories like that are perfect examples of why I have some doubts about rumors like this.

Right, but when Giselles parents publically denied any truth to the rumors there daughter was pregnant all the dolt's fans took back all there comments. One would think people would check there facts when a brazilian tabliod rag started some lies.

Dont be mad manning was spotted dancing with 12 year old kids for money:rolleyes: :D Like I said before, the colts can do no wrong. Any negative situation could not be possible. They are perfect, and the best team ever. Manning's sub par career playoff number's are now irrelivent. 1 superbowl is better then 3. The six years of brutal failure never happened, and Payton Manning can fly/teleport/melt any defense with special brain power. At least that is what I read on the indy boards.

Last edited:
Right, but when Giselles parents publically denied any truth to the rumors there daughter was pregnant all the dolt's fans took back all there comments. One would think people would check there facts when a brazilian tabliod rag started some lies.

Dont be mad manning was spotted dancing with 12 year old kids for money:rolleyes: :D Like I said before, the colts can do no wrong. Any negative situation could not be possible. They are perfect, and the best team ever. Manning's sub par career playoff number's are now irrelivent. 1 superbowl is better then 3. The six years of brutal failure never happened, and Payton Manning can fly/teleport/melt any defense with special brain power. At least that is what I read on the indy boards.

Well, his management company said it wasn't a party for a kid so it must not have been true. I mean, agents and reps never try to spin something in the most appealing light for their clients or anything (dripping sarcasm)

Peyton will do anything for money

Stories like this are why you can't trust the Indy Star.

Here's the proof.

Taking an agent at his word and printing it in the paper is crappy journalism, whether it is being done by the Globe or the Star.

I believe that's Cedric the Entertainer and Mallika Sherawat you see dancing around with Peyton at the "corporate outing".

Last edited:
Re: Peyton will do anything for money

Stories like this are why you can't trust the Indy Star.

Here's the proof.

Taking an agent at his word and printing it in the paper is crappy journalism, whether it is being done by the Globe or the Star.

I believe that's Cedric the Entertainer and Mallika Sherawat you see dancing around with Peyton at the "corporate outing".

SOLMAN -
Your link doesn't work.

It does now, but it wasn't the first time I went to it.

Pretty funny. It will be interesting to see what Workhorse and Coltsfan have to say about this

Last edited:

:rofl:

yeah, "corporate outing" my ass, it's clearly a family event of some sort.

the latest quote from cheap bstard Jim Irsay -- (paraphrasing), "I believe the Super Bowl rings are SACRED. Those who deserve one will get one"

dude, just give your people some rings, they've been waiting forever to get one....stuck with you through all those ups and downs. It's traditional for everyone in the organization to get a ring...not just the coaches/players...from the secretaries to the play by play guys.

It's just more proof that, like the Steelers, the Colts have no idea how to deal with a SB victory.

Can't wait for SNL this week....you just know there's a skit in there with a fake TB (unless Peyton specifically vetoed it)...

Can't wait for SNL this week....you just know there's a skit in there with a fake TB (unless Peyton specifically vetoed it)...

I don't think that Peyton would feel comfortable with a fake TB.

But if the writers come up with a good script, I wouldn't be shocked to see an appearance by the real TB.

The two of them are buddies.

I don't think that Peyton would feel comfortable with a fake TB.

But if the writers come up with a good script, I wouldn't be shocked to see an appearance by the real TB.

The two of them are buddies.

I'd be more shocked if SNL actually had a good script. Those have been rather scarce the last 15 years.

the latest quote from cheap bstard Jim Irsay -- (paraphrasing), "I believe the Super Bowl rings are SACRED. Those who deserve one will get one"

dude, just give your people some rings, they've been waiting forever to get one....stuck with you through all those ups and downs. It's traditional for everyone in the organization to get a ring...not just the coaches/players...from the secretaries to the play by play guys.

It's just more proof that, like the Steelers, the Colts have no idea how to deal with a SB victory.

Use the entire quote...

"To me, the ring is a sacred thing,'' Irsay said. "All of those deserving will obviously be rewarded with a ring.''

And with context...

"The 75 rings, though, are just the beginning, since they won't accommodate everyone Irsay believes merits one."

Don't let the hate blind you.

Last edited:
Not really all that unusual.

It is very common in the business world for some managers to believe that all credit for something goes to them and them alone and doesn't need to be shared with their staff who put in the leg work. Not surprisingly, Polian appears to be that kind of manager.

Hear, hear.

Then again, what else would one expect from an organization spearheaded by such living excrement as Irsay, Napolian, Dungheep and Payaton?

Their shyte simply doesn't stink. Any success is attributable to themselves, and themselves alone; any failures are the result of "protection problems", or roughhousing, or inadequate rules enforcement.

What a nauseating, illegitimate franchise. A pox on the entire house.

Hear, hear.

Then again, what else would one expect from an organization spearheaded by such living excrement as Irsay, Napolian, Dungheep and Payaton?

Their shyte simply doesn't stink. Any success is attributable to themselves, and themselves alone; any failures are the result of "protection problems", or roughhousing, or inadequate rules enforcement.

What a nauseating, illegitimate franchise. A pox on the entire house.

What's you beef with Dungy?

What's you beef with Dungy?

He's a crybaby and, I suspect, a phony. The only legitimate beef he had was the non-PI that should have been called against Phifer vs. Pollard in the 4th quarter of the 2003 AFCC. But if the pats had scored a couple of easy TDs, instead of settling for chip-shot FGs, that play would not have even mattered.

The Star has the whole "ask a question" section, so I asked about this topic. I got two responses, the first that he would ask Dungy about it, here is the second response. I don't know why he types in all lower case.

i didn't ask dungy, but i asked jim irsay about that rumor. he wouldn't say who got what in terms of bonuses, but said he doesn't have to apologize to anyone for how he takes care of his employees, including coaches and scouts. he said he paid well over $5 million this year in bonuses to people in the organization. he did say some scouts or personnel people got well more than the normal 25 percent, but some didn't. tenure had a lot to do with the decision.
here i go sounding like a colts apologist. but irsay picked up the bill for the super bowl when he gave every employee -- secretary, ticket guys, janitors -- two super bowll tickets, airfare to miami for two and four nights lodging.
perhaps on the rumor, a scout who hasn't been with the team very long only got $15,000. i really don't know.

Take it for what's it's worth, but I feel this is a whole lot more credible than PFT.

perhaps on the rumor, a scout who hasn't been with the team very long only got $15,000. i really don't know.

uhoh. This scout could be in a whole lot of trouble.

...Picture this. You get your check knowing the normal rules of 25% and only get $11,5. You are peed off. You ***** to the press and give them some gossip to run with and smear the organization.

Then turns out YOU and YOU ALONE were the ONLY GUY who got 11.5. Everybody else got more. And now Polian knows exactly which one of his scouts is actually a traitorous weasel willing to go to the press and rat him out.

Not exactly how you thought your day was going to go.

:rofl:

yeah, "corporate outing" my ass, it's clearly a family event of some sort.

Haha!!! "corporate outing".... Aka Manning getting bagged, taking 200 grand to show up at some 13 year olds b day party;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes