PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts release starting guard Ryan Lilja

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, according to Polian it was the oline's fault they lost the superbowl :rolleyes:

We need a guard, let's bring him in and work him out.

colts have the most over rated O line in the NFL if they cut him he sucks

Couldn't hurt to give Ohrnberger some competition for a backup spot.

We should never have signed Vrabel, If the Steelers cut him he must have been garbage, what a mistake that was:rolleyes:

Your crazy! Mudd is one of the best OL coaches in the league and their line is as advertised, very good....

We should never have signed Vrabel, If the Steelers cut him he must have been garbage, what a mistake that was:rolleyes:

The Steelers didn't cut Vrabel. He was a free agent because his contract was up. But, why bother with facts, right???

Was going to create this thread myself but couldn't bring myself to mention possibly pursuing an ex-Colt.

Going from a simple offense to ours might be a challenge. Then again, we only have 3 plays.

The Steelers didn't cut Vrabel. He was a free agent because his contract was up. But, why bother with facts, right???

My mistake, but it's still pretty a rather stupid assumption to think that because another team cut someone that they cannot be of use to your team.

Does it really cost us much to bring him in and work him out?

Last edited:
If the Colts let a player go there is probably a good reason to...

Polian doesn't make too many mistakes,the guy is a genius with talent

Steer clear of guys that leave good teams that is not because of the cap.

Last edited:

i get what your trying to say he's wort a look but Ryan Lilja started 50 out of 57 games

vrabel never stared he was in back of Jason Gildon, Greg Lloyd, joey porter, and ched brown, the steelers did not know what they had in him.

i get what your trying to say he's wort a look but Ryan Lilja started 50 out of 57 games

vrabel never stared he was in back of Jason Gildon, Greg Lloyd, joey porter, and ched brown, the steelers did not know what they had in him.

For all you know they're cutting him to send a message to the other players, maybe they don't think he's worth what they're supposed to pay him next season, maybe Polian is simply making a mistake in his otherwise excellent management (not even BB is perfect).

I think the Colt's O-line is pretty damn good and we need a guard, there's no reason not to have a look at him.

For all you know they're cutting him to send a message to the other players, maybe they don't think he's worth what they're supposed to pay him next season, maybe Polian is simply making a mistake in his otherwise excellent management (not even BB is perfect).

I think the Colt's O-line is pretty damn good and we need a guard, there's no reason not to have a look at him.

your right it can't hurt to take a look with neal, not playing a full 16 games in i can't rember when

He's not healthy! He's still recovering from injuries he sustained from when Manning threw his entire offensive line under the bus. :D
Now THIS is funny!

I'd be a little leery of signing guys cut by Polian or BB. They tend not to do well after leaving the nest.

Does anybody know for a fact why the Colts cut him? Could it be that they have a guy behind him whom the coaching staff there felt comfortable going with after they signed Brackett to the new contract (making Lilja a cap casualty)? On top of that, is there anybody here that can sum up whether or not Lilja would be a good fit for what we do on offense?

I must confess complete stupidity when it comes to any of the Colts offensive line with the exception of Jeff Saturday.

Your crazy! Mudd is one of the best OL coaches in the league and their line is as advertised, very good....

Mudd just re-retired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey