PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts pull Manning after setting meaningless marks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the post you responded to:

Sorry kiddo, facts are facts. Learn before you post.

Let me introduce you to............Basic Math

Patriots last championship- 2004 season (since you like to twist words even though it was won in 2005 it was credited as the 2004 teams championship

2005-Steelers

2006-Colts

2007- Giants

2008- Steelers

2009- Still up for grabs

So in those 5 years, how many championships do the Colts have, and the Patriots

And try not to trip and sprain your a*s as you backpedal out of this one, kid

Last edited:
It's unbelievable how much ESPN can brainwash somebody. The Colts have been resting starters for years. They do it when they have everything wrapped up.

No **** sherlock, we all know that. Why do you think the Colts suck so much in the playoffs? Because they are always rusty. The only year they won their fluke SB they actually had to play all the way through. So you keep resting starters before the playoffs and keep losing in the playoffs (early too) and then argue that resting starters is better for the team?

Do I agree with the decision? No. Was it "gutless"? Sure. That doesn't make the players gutless. The only gutless man in this organization is Bill Polian.

I never said the players were "gutless".

Being gutless doesn't describe the players, and they are on the field. They are the ones playing, Bill Polian isn't suiting up in pads anytime soon. It was a gutless decision, but to call the Colts a gutless team, reference their players and the entirety of the organization as gutless after what they have done this season isn't right.

They are a gutless ORGANIZATION. None of us were talking about the players, it's the entire organizational philosophy and atmosphere. And BTW they haven't accomplished anything this season. 14-2 season is not really something to brag about more than being happy with the 1st seed. If they finished 16-0 then you could say that they should be applauded for their amazing season.

And about the padding stats situation, Manning was going to play a few drives either way. You act as if Manning wouldn't have even started the game if there was no statistics to be padded. He was playing if stats were there to be grabbed or not, and was taken out of the game after three series. Does going after stats make them gutless too? Because it's not like the Patriots went out and intentionally chased records down with authority or anything.

I don't have as much an issue with the stat padding, but you can't argue that they needed rest in the Jets game so that they could play 3 series in this game. What records did they break?

I think you call me a Colts homer for the hell of it. No matter what my argument was, you were going to call me a Colts homer as long as I didn't agree with you. Look at the context and detail of your argument, and look at who the homer is.

No, I was going to call you a Colts homer as long as you defended the gutless Polian and coach. You've at least showed some logic and reasoning in this last post which makes me think a lot more highly of you. As much as I hate the damn Colts, it's a shame that those jerks didn't give the entire football world a chance to witness history. If the Colts players had the talent to go 16-0 they should have been given every opportunity to do so.

Superbowl XLIV just is NOT more important than a chance at perfection and history. It's that simple in my eyes, no single superbowl is ever more important than something as historical as a chance at perfection. (And that's if you believe resting starters for large portions of 2 games PLUS a bye helps your chances, which I think quite clearly does not)

Last edited:

Patriots last championship- 2004 season (since you like to twist words even though it was won in 2005 it was credited as the 2004 teams championship

2005-Steelers

2006-Colts

2007- Giants

2008- Steelers

2009- Still up for grabs

You're calling someone "Kid" when you choose the most childish screenname ever seen on this board? Wow!:eek:

2005-Steelers

2006-Colts

2007- Giants

2008- Steelers

2009- Still up for grabs

And you don't realize how moronic you look do you?

2007 - Giants
2008 - Steelers
2009 - TBD

You are yesterday's news kid, it's all about the Giants and Steelers who are quite clearly ten times better than your crappy colts who haven't won squat lately. Oh unless you are talking about HISTORY or something...

2005-Steelers

2006-Colts

2007- Giants

2008- Steelers

2009- Still up for grabs

Lol. Funny stuff. I'm assuming you feel stupid because you got caught not knowing your history. Again, don't worry about it kid, it's cool. You learned something today.

The Pats and Colts each have one SB in the past five "years of dominance". Pats last one came in Feb of 2005 - WITHIN THE PAST FIVE YEARS AND WITHING THE PAST FIVE SUPER BOWL WINNERS. But don't let the facts bother you in your argument. Once again, you're welcome. :cool:

Last edited:
And you don't realize how moronic you look do you?

2007 - Giants
2008 - Steelers
2009 - TBD

You are yesterday's news kid, it's all about the Giants and Steelers who are quite clearly ten times better than your crappy colts who haven't won squat lately. Oh unless you are talking about HISTORY or something...

You mean the Giants and Steelers who won't even be playing in the playoffs this season??

So we KNOW that polian risked injury to his top players. And wee think hen was crazy to do so.

Please evaluate Belichick's decisions and reasons to take similar risks.

Are you serious with this? For reasons we may never know?

I suppose the Colts didn't risk anything in the Snow getting all those personal stats for Manning, Wayne and Clark though right...?

Lol. Funny stuff. I'm assuming you feel stupid because you got caught not knowing your history. Again, don't worry about it kid, it's cool. You learned something today.

The Pats and Colts each have one SB in the past five "years of dominance". Pats last one came in Feb of 2005 - WITHIN THE PAST FIVE YEARS AND WITHING THE PAST FIVE SUPER BOWL WINNERS. But don't let the facts bother you in your argument. Once again, you're welcome. :cool:

EEEEEEEEHHHH

Wrong again

Do not Pass go

Do not collect 200 dollars

Obviously the "years of dominance" that started this argument includes this season right now, as we beat you head to head again and have a better record and playoff seeding

So would you like to try again to redeem yourself and dig a even bigger hole, or just concede victory to the Hillbilly who just embarrassed you multiple times

Last edited:
You mean the Giants and Steelers who won't even be playing in the playoffs this season??

Why dont you just admit you joined OUR board today just to talk smack? No one would last 5 minutes doing that on the indy board....your mods are such cry-babies....

all they do is snivizzle....just like you'll be doing at some point in the next couple of weeks!

So we KNOW that polian risked injury to his top players. And wee think hen was crazy to do so.

Please evaluate Belichick's decisions and reasons to take similar risks.

I don't understand the question... I never claimed Polian was "crazy" to play starters.

It is some people here who keep saying Polian is right in resting players pointing to the Welker situation. Ignoring the fact that his players actually played in the Snow for stats BEFORE being "rested".

Don't forget they also have a BYE, he is doing them a disservice by resting so much.

Why dont you just admit you joined OUR board today just to talk smack? No one would last 5 minutes doing that on the indy board....your mods are such cry-babies....

all they do is snivizzle....just like you'll be doing at some point in the next couple of weeks!

Well if you took the .1 seconds it takes to look under my username and see my join date you will see I've been a member here since August, and we have to deal with plenty of your kind over at the Colts forums and Stampedeblue

Last edited:
EEEEEEEEHHHH

Wrong again

Do not Pass go

Obviously the "years of dominance" that started this argument includes this season right now, as we beat you head to head again and have a better record and playoff seeding

So would you like to try again to redeem yourself and dig a even bigger hole, or just concede victory to the Hillbilly who just embarrassed you multiple times

Guess you missed my post from above kid. You were responding to a "Five year" quote (post 30 on page 3 of this very thread). You didn't know your stuff and you got called out on it...it's cool. You learned something, say thanks and move on - you hillbillies are supposed to be polite after all. :cool:

Last edited:
I'll tell you one thing, if I was a Colt's fan, I would live in fear of losing Manning to injury every time he took the field, because without him the Colts would not be where they are today.

Do the Colts have one good quality backup QB?

the colts are ******* bastards

1 more than the Patriots

and 5 out of the last 6 head to head meetings

yes but the poster point was, you claim to have the upperhand on us from a dominance standpoint, but unlike the pats when we won more than we lost against you earlier in this decade, we won 3 sbs, twice going thru indy. unlike the pats in the first half of the decade, the colts do not win three sbs duirng the time period that they had the upperhand on the pats . . .that is the poster's point

Well if you took the .1 seconds it takes to look under my username and see my join date you will see I've been a member here since August, and we have to deal with plenty of your kind over at the Colts forums and Stampedeblue

you might have a join date of august 09 but you only have 45 post with a handful of them in this thread . . . there are those who would look at your status as trolling if you only have a few post and the ones in front of people today have a little smack talk in them . . .;)

I guess when you lose 30-7 there must be nothing better to do than go on a Pats website and diss them

EEEEEEEEHHHH

Wrong again

Do not Pass go

If you go back further than 5 years, say 10 years, could you list the Superbowl winners for me then please?

EEEEEEEEHHHH

Wrong again

Do not Pass go

I weep for the standards of education in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes