PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts' new helmet for 2010 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't?

Sure I immediately thought bunch of cheaters take away the rings, but then I thought about it rationally and not as a Colt fan ;) I am an NFL fan who roots for the Colts.

The only part of the whole Spygate thing that I still question right now is why were the tapes destroyed so quickly.

I also do though think that BB wouldn't do anything that he didn't think he could get some value from, so there is that.

Did Taping defensive signals win the game? Nope they still had to execute. The same way that all I see around here is outrage for the PI call, that one call did not win that game. Spygate did not win them a superbowl or 3. Did it give them a bit of an advantage? Who knows, we will never know because BB isn't going to tell us and the tapes are gone so no use worrying about it anymore.

Those tapes are in the same location as many other infamous tapes in the US, the JFK shooting, the actual moon landing videos, the hidden camera in Bill Clinton's room with his secretary, they are all locked up in Area 51......

You don't?

Sure I immediately thought bunch of cheaters take away the rings, but then I thought about it rationally and not as a Colt fan ;) I am an NFL fan who roots for the Colts.

The only part of the whole Spygate thing that I still question right now is why were the tapes destroyed so quickly.

I also do though think that BB wouldn't do anything that he didn't think he could get some value from, so there is that.

Did Taping defensive signals win the game? Nope they still had to execute. The same way that all I see around here is outrage for the PI call, that one call did not win that game. Spygate did not win them a superbowl or 3. Did it give them a bit of an advantage? Who knows, we will never know because BB isn't going to tell us and the tapes are gone so no use worrying about it anymore.

I applaud your reasoning and objectivity.

For the whole "spy"gate thing, I'm still waiting for someone to tell me why it's "spying" to look at something that is done in plain view of an entire stadium's worth of people, and if people really believe Belichick is the only one who didn't avert his eyes [out of respect for the game] every time the opposing team threw their signals up. Because, according to the Patriots haters, that must be what happened.

Those tapes are in the same location as many other infamous tapes in the US, the JFK shooting, the actual moon landing videos, the hidden camera in Bill Clinton's room with his secretary, they are all locked up in Area 51......
LOL

I would love to be the security guard there :)

I think that the reason it never gets called against the Pats is because they play a more physical wide receiver game. Moss pushes off a lot (by the letter of the rule, more of his catches are on push off then not) But they do not call that as they "let them play" a bit more. So it happens both ways, they let Moss play rough and they let the corners play rough with them.

The Colts receivers are not physical receivers they do not play a push and shove kind of passing game. So they generally call the Contact much much tighter.

It benefits both teams.

I'll agree Moss pushes off, but its in part b/c receivers are so physical with him. It goes both ways - Moss is a big guy, and much like in the NBA, big guys often draw less fouls, a certain amount of contact is expected by the refs. Still, I can see your point re: Moss.

But with Welker, I feel like he should be drawing more illegal contact calls.

was the penalty in the endzone on the same drive an bogus call as well? The refs claimed it was PI, but I did not see any contact. The play by play guy claims it was facegaurding, and you need to turn back and look for the ball. But I thought that face gaurding was not a penalty. And as long as there is no contact, then you dont need to be looking for the ball.

Here is the replay of the game. The penalty I am questioning starts at 1:56 of tape.

NFL Game Center: Indianapolis Colts at Houston Texans - 2009 Week 12

Faceguarding is NOT a penalty. That is per Mike Perriera.

I'll agree Moss pushes off, but its in part b/c receivers are so physical with him. It goes both ways - Moss is a big guy, and much like in the NBA, big guys often draw less fouls, a certain amount of contact is expected by the refs. Still, I can see your point re: Moss.

But with Welker, I feel like he should be drawing more illegal contact calls.

Yeah the NBA analogy is a good one, but I also think that NBA analogy holds true for Welker, he runs through guys and for his size is very hard to knock off his spot. Plus isn't he the size of a normal cornerback? SO he doesn't look that small.

He made contact....

Any contact was initiated by the RECEIVER, not the defender. That is NOT pass interference. Again, it was a GIFT call. Just like the one in the endzone.

Again,
What in the world are we doing looking at the Colts games and complaining about the officiating? I went to the Texans boards and even their fans agree that there was 1 bad call but that the Colts are good and they win and their team is bad and they lose. Yet here we are combing Colts games.... Is it because we don't want them to be perfect?

It has nothing to do with it. It has to do with the clear bias by the referees in regards to the Colts. They get all the DPI calls and few if any are called against them.

And please stop pretending like you are a Pats fan. You already slipped and proved you were a Colts fan.

The Colts can't win without help from the refs.

I like this thread Getting Calls - Colts.com - Forum Credit Union Fan Forum from a Colts forum

I'll acknowledge that the Colts are a great team and could very well be 11-0 without any bogus calls. It's just disappointing to see a team that is so capable on their own get so much help. I don't think the refs are "cheating" or anything but seriously it's irritating to see.

zing! Zing!

Look you and I are both Colt fans however we come at this from very different places. I know I am on a Pats board and more often then not I am going to be the bad guy simply because I am a Colts fan, So I don't try to incite and ill towards me. Occasionally it doesn't work but I really have yet to see you talk like you are a visitor and you are here. This is not your home it is theirs, Act like it.

You don't?

Why were the tapes destroyed?

A review of the tapes would show how trumped up the whole "spygate" saga truly was. All one has to do is review the media hysteria and realize the NFL reaped an unprecendented media bonanza. Just look at the 5 biggest televised events of the 2007 fall schedule:

Pats vs Chargers
Pats vs Cowboys
Pats vs Colts
Pats vs Steelers
Pats vs Giants

Couple this with the stated league desire to eliminate "dynasties" and a chance to energize the ******s in the other 31 fanbases (4XMVP is a classic example).

Finally, insert a new head wanting to prove he's real tough guy.

That's how you arrive a "spygate".

Having said that, (Curb non sequitor) I think the Colts are mindful to try to exploit out of position DBs by throwing the ball downfield more which will lend to more DPI calls. So if the Colts throw downfield more, you'll see more DPI calls. I don't agree that it's the case, but this could explain some of it, empherically.

Why were the tapes destroyed?

A review of the tapes would show how trumped up the whole "spygate" saga truly was. All one has to do is review the media hysteria and realize the NFL reaped an unprecendented media bonanza. Just look at the 5 biggest televised events of the 2007 fall schedule:

Pats vs Chargers
Pats vs Cowboys
Pats vs Colts
Pats vs Steelers
Pats vs Giants

Couple this with the stated league desire to eliminate "dynasties" and a chance to energize the ******s in the other 31 fanbases (4XMVP is a classic example).

Finally, insert a new head wanting to prove he's real tough guy.

That's how you arrive a "spygate".

Don't destroy them and then show them in the offseason on the NFL network and Bam, you get a record audience on your own network. Win Win.

Holy crap, I just watched the penalty from the highlights and that just might be one of the worst calls I've seen in a long time. Reeves didn't even touch Garcon!

Also, it's a penalty because it was called. To say it's not a penalty is incorrect. It's like that thread a couple of weeks ago titled "We won...".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes