PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts' new helmet for 2010 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Colts new helmet for 2010 season

BTW, did you know there was at least one season where the Colts D drew zero flags for PI? :rolleyes:

I think it was Cold Hard Football Facts that once said that the possibility of going a season without ONE DPI is a million to one.

Wow,
We sure are spending alot of time on the Colts on this board. The Colts still have to make plays after they get a "bogus" call. I have watched a few of their games where the other team got the calls and couldn't make the plays....I also recall when the 07 Pats played the Ravens and got a call or two for them on the last drive and they benefitted and won the game...BUT Brady still had to hit Gaffney.. Everyone hated the Pats for getting the calls that year. Forget about it.... It will not make you feel better talking about this....

was the penalty in the endzone on the same drive an bogus call as well? The refs claimed it was PI, but I did not see any contact. The play by play guy claims it was facegaurding, and you need to turn back and look for the ball. But I thought that face gaurding was not a penalty. And as long as there is no contact, then you dont need to be looking for the ball.

Here is the replay of the game. The penalty I am questioning starts at 1:56 of tape.

NFL Game Center: Indianapolis Colts at Houston Texans - 2009 Week 12

Listen, stop bellyaching. The Colts will go undefeated this season whether they earn it, or we have to help them. Get used to it.

Sincerely,
The NFL

:rolleyes:

was the penalty in the endzone on the same drive an bogus call as well? The refs claimed it was PI, but I did not see any contact. The play by play guy claims it was facegaurding, and you need to turn back and look for the ball. But I thought that face gaurding was not a penalty. And as long as there is no contact, then you dont need to be looking for the ball.

Here is the replay of the game. The penalty I am questioning starts at 1:56 of tape.

NFL Game Center: Indianapolis Colts at Houston Texans - 2009 Week 12

He made contact....

Again,
What in the world are we doing looking at the Colts games and complaining about the officiating? I went to the Texans boards and even their fans agree that there was 1 bad call but that the Colts are good and they win and their team is bad and they lose. Yet here we are combing Colts games.... Is it because we don't want them to be perfect?

Listen, stop bellyaching. The Colts will go undefeated this season whether they earn it, or we have to help them. Get used to it.

Sincerely,
The NFL

Maybe if they do they can take down that lame 16-0 banner in Gillette.

Sincerely,
The NFL

I kinda of hope they do undefeated.....Mannings head will explode from the pressure of the first playoff game. Now that would be a mess.

Last edited:
Again,
What in the world are we doing looking at the Colts games and complaining about the officiating? I went to the Texans boards and even their fans agree that there was 1 bad call but that the Colts are good and they win and their team is bad and they lose. Yet here we are combing Colts games.... Is it because we don't want them to be perfect?

WARNING: Colts fan.

Dude, it's okay to come here and post as a Colts fan. We accept that. Don't be deceptive and pretend that you "one of us". Nothing is more annoying then that.

Wow,
We sure are spending alot of time on the Colts on this board. The Colts still have to make plays after they get a "bogus" call. I have watched a few of their games where the other team got the calls and couldn't make the plays....I also recall when the 07 Pats played the Ravens and got a call or two for them on the last drive and they benefitted and won the game...BUT Brady still had to hit Gaffney.. Everyone hated the Pats for getting the calls that year. Forget about it.... It will not make you feel better talking about this....

Its true that every team receives their share of bad calls. Sometimes those calls go for them, sometimes they go against them. However, when one team seems to always be on the beneficial end of a certain type of call then it should be noted.

Earlier this year Brady got lambasted in the media for receiving a beneficial call that was ticky tacky. He hasn't received a call since. The truth of it however was that he doesn't receive an inordinate amount of roughing the passer calls and in fact the patriots as a whole are on the other end of those calls more often then their competition.

The Colts on the other hand have a long noted relationship with receiving pass inteference calls. For whatever reason, they seem to be on the beneficial end of those calls more then any other team. I think that is what frustrates us. Its one thing to be jobbed on a random call. It happens. This, however, is a pattern. And to boot, it is typically the heaviest penalty a referee can issue. It should only come out for the most blatant fouls. It should never be made on marginal infractions. The league needs to take notice. Nobody wants games decided by ticky tacky penalties.

WARNING: Colts fan.

Dude, it's okay to come here and post as a Colts fan. We accept that. Don't be deceptive and pretend that you "one of us". Nothing is more annoying then that.

I'm curious--though not enough to go look myself--about what the Texan fans are saying on their boards. Are the PI calls burning them as much as they do us?

Its true that every team receives their share of bad calls. Sometimes those calls go for them, sometimes they go against them. However, when one team seems to always be on the beneficial end of a certain type of call then it should be noted.

Earlier this year Brady got lambasted in the media for receiving a beneficial call that was ticky tacky. He hasn't received a call since. The truth of it however was that he doesn't receive an inordinate amount of roughing the passer calls and in fact the patriots as a whole are on the other end of those calls more often then their competition.

The Colts on the other hand have a long noted relationship with receiving pass inteference calls. For whatever reason, they seem to be on the beneficial end of those calls more then any other team. I think that is what frustrates us. Its one thing to be jobbed on a random call. It happens. This, however, is a pattern. And to boot, it is typically the heaviest penalty a referee can issue. It should only come out for the most blatant fouls. It should never be made on marginal infractions. The league needs to take notice. Nobody wants games decided by ticky tacky penalties.

And what's funny about this, is that in the Colts-Pats game, there were at least two blows to the head on Brady that I remember seeing that weren't called.

Re: Colts new helmet for 2010 season

Is it just me or do those penalties always occur in the 4th quarter of games?

I'm curious--though not enough to go look myself--about what the Texan fans are saying on their boards. Are the PI calls burning them as much as they do us?

Seem to be pretty heated themselves... lol

Geesh people, it was ONE bad call.

One bad call didn't make Schaub throw two costly INT's and a lost fumble.

One bad call didn't allow Manning to gash the Texans in the 2nd half.

One bad call didn't make up for a 17 point deficit.

quit yer' *****in' :rolleyes:

Colts are over-rated but very disciplined.
The Texans made a hit on Addai and Manning made them pay.
They are assumed to be the best in the AFC but there is no way they win two games in the playoffs the way they play (close games and flags)

I Hope. lol

Colts are over-rated

Don't forget the fact we had 7 opening day starters missing from yesterday's game. Heck, we've had 6 opening day starters missing for most of the season.

The Colts aren't overrated, they've just been decimated by injuries, yet they continue to still win games.

Colts motto has always been, "Next Man Up"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back