PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts: Manning already not thrilled with new coaches

Status
Not open for further replies.
These coaches were hired just recently, so obviously they're not doing a lot of coaching right now. This could very well change by the time the season starts, so I'm not ready to write off the Colts just yet.

I don't think Peyton should be too worried.

After all, we've been hearing how for the past decade Peyton is like a genius coach on the field, who called his own plays and ran the offense.

"Rain Manning" likes everything just so.

Now Dungy isn't there to hook up the TV to watch The Price is Right. Even if he was, it wouldn't matter since Bob Barker retired anyway. The Colts stopped getting his underwear from K-Mart, and to top it all off, somebody touched his notebook.

He's busy pacing and reading the phone book.

:D

LOL Peyton is the ultimate creature of habit. And while he usually gets his ducks sorted out and meticulously lined up in the appropriate row, he always had Mudd and Moore to assist in his efforts and Dungy to keep the ship emotionally afloat in the interim.

It's beginning to look like this is a situation that may well drag on into the season, however, unless Polian decides to take a page from BB's book and move on just to prove they were truly prepared to. He and Peyton both seem to have potentially valid concerns about what consultants would bring to the table even if they can be hired back - and that remains an uncertainty even as Irsay has indicated his intention to...

The only certainty seem to be this situation definitely warrants watching... :popcorn:

I'm sure he is pissed at the communication factor thus far. It sounds like he is pretty disgusted in the way the coaches and ownership have handled camp. Like it or not Manning is the face of the franchise and he should be let in the loop of how things are going to work. Those were some pretty strong sentiments from Manning and I can't say I disagree with them.

This does not bode well for the Colts imo, with Houston,Jville and Tennessee closing the gap I'm beginning to think they may come in third in that division. Can't say I'm not happy about it though. We will see what this team is truly made of soon enough.

I'm sure he is pissed at the communication factor thus far. It sounds like he is pretty disgusted in the way the coaches and ownership have handled camp. Like it or not Manning is the face of the franchise and he should be let in the loop of how things are going to work. Those were some pretty strong sentiments from Manning and I can't say I disagree with them.

This does not bode well for the Colts imo, with Houston,Jville and Tennessee closing the gap I'm beginning to think they may come in third in that division. Can't say I'm not happy about it though. We will see what this team is truly made of soon enough.

The Colts are no more likely to come in third than the Pats.

Manning's comments have nothing do with the way camp is being handled. His comments reflect on the lack of communication about the retirement situation of Mudd and Moore. Polian doesn't even know what is going on for sure. He has said he gets a different answer from just about everyone he talks to.

His comment about the new guys learning and not coaching is not about those replacing Moore and Mudd (Christensen and Metzelaars). Both have been in the system for years. Peyton is talking Ron Johnson and Frank Rivers, the new guys to the team that filled out the staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back