PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts making more major cuts: Brackett, Addai, Clark, Bullitt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why anyone would expect them to start a rebuilding effort by bringing back the highly paid, underproductive core of last year's 2 win team.

:confused2:

Maybe because most of the players moving on weren't the problem.

I forgot to add Jeff Saturday to the list. I'll edit it.

Luck's a dead man walking.

Good info. I wouldn't mind seeing Saturday in a Pats uniform for a couple of years. Class act and a great player. I'd like to see what he has left in the tank.

With all that cap room, they should make a run at Manning

This really made me laugh out loud.

Eta: would like to see Jeff Saturday over here too.

Last edited:
Wow, after losing all that talent, they would have been better off trading the #1 pick for a king's ransom, and build a team. Instead, they'll have a highly touted rookie starting for the worst team in a decade. Luck is going to need some luck.

They should be picking high in the draft for more than one year. That's one way to restock.

They should be picking high in the draft for more than one year. That's one way to restock.

Ya, but it takes a few years. Far from an ideal way to raise a QB. I just think they'd have been better off getting tons of picks in a trade than drafting a great QB prospect. I understand how important a franchise QB is, but no pick is a garunteed success, and a horrible offense/team makes success less likely.

Last edited:
Been on IR last 2 seasons! So that might be a worry, but if he is fully recovered, got to be worth a look!
How can we pass up on a guy named Bullitt? They should release Angerer too. Then we can draft Mercilus.

I forgot to add Jeff Saturday to the list. I'll edit it.

Luck's a dead man walking.

The Colts should go all-in on building him a good OL, before ANYTHING else. That's good for his health and development.

Not likely to happen, however.

There gonna do to Luck what the Pats did to Plunkett.

Draining a 2-14 team of any NFL caliber talent.

Can't say I feel bad for their ignorant, inbred fan base.

How can we pass up on a guy named Bullitt? They should release Angerer too. Then we can draft Mercilus.

Spikes, Angerer, Bullitt and Mercilus...some brilliant names in that lot...then there's Mayo :p

so, can someone tell me how Luck is going to develop properly when he will be playing with a bunch of scrubs on both sides of the ball??

I could seriously see Andrew Luck doing a John Elway or Eli Manning type of refusal to play for the team that drafts him,forcing the team to send Luck elsewhere.

Is it possible the Colts trade away the number 1 and move down a couple spots and take another QB?

I could seriously see Andrew Luck doing a John Elway or Eli Manning type of refusal to play for the team that drafts him,forcing the team to send Luck elsewhere.

I was thinking the very same thing. Quite the Perfect Storm utterly destroying the Colts brand.
Oh well, the owner already got taxpayers to 'pony up' for his new stadium.

If I were the colts...i would just make sure you have a good O-line and max protect alot. I would get brandon jacobs and pound the rock.

But the colts...were stupid in managing the cap ...while handing out stupid contracts. Boy.....thank goodness ...the pats didnt have to gut there roster ....all at once.....after our superbowls ...LOL:rocker:

Lost in all the Manning drama last year is how far Dallas Clark has fallen. Usually a TE racks up lots of stats with bad QBs, but he's put up 699 yards in 17 games over the last two seasons. He's as good as done right now.

Ahh... for the first time in 14 years, the Colts suck!! (I know they sucked this year, but now we can officialy label them as a bad team)

Isn't Addai a good receiving RB? If cheap could be useful. Bullitt too.

Well they are now coming off a 2-14 season, at least 2-3 years off from having a slight shot at a playoff appearance. And Patriot haters laugh at us for losing in super bowls during our rebuilding phase

Not surprising to see them dump so many of the aging vets with injury histories. They're going to have a really rough season next year, but then they'll be likely picking high again in the 2013 draft. The roster will be young and they'll have a ton of cap space (I think I read that the recent cuts have opened up something like 50M in space this year). Some solid drafting and FA pickups and the Colts could be very good in a few years, especially if Luck is as good as advertised.

The Lions were 0-16 only a few years ago, and are a playoff-caliber team on the rise now. I could definitely see the Colts becoming dangerous in not too long.

Lost in all the Manning drama last year is how far Dallas Clark has fallen. Usually a TE racks up lots of stats with bad QBs, but he's put up 699 yards in 17 games over the last two seasons. He's as good as done right now.

The hoopla over Clark being cut is the same as all the guys they cut - name recognition. Addai is done. He is a constant injury question who has 900 yards rushing the last 2 years combined. Bullitt has played 6 games in 2 years. Brackett is 31 and missed all of this year with injury.

The hysteria of some NFL fans and the Peter Kings of the media over these cuts ignores 3 things: There is not a single one of those guys who can be counted on in 2012, they all make a lot of $, and none of those guys was going to play any major role in fixing the Colts talent void over the next couple years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back