Welcome to PatsFans.com

Colts give up over 80yds rushing...1st drive!

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by sarge, Oct 8, 2006.

1. sarge

sarge Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I mean, I know those guys have problems with the run, but come on!

To there defense, 19 came from Vince young, but that is still over 60 by runningbacks.
  2. Fencer

Fencer Rookie

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -13

The bad news is that Manning is getting more and more experience at clutch play.
  3. Remix 6

Remix 6 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

catching up to Brady last 3 weeks with 4th Q drives
  4. RyanTheColtsFan

RyanTheColtsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

From the Star:

Do you realize, the Colts were so dominant last year, they didn't have to score on a game-ending 2-minute drill until they faced that situation against Pittsburgh in the playoffs?

I don't care how many thousands of times you practice that thing on Thursday afternoon, you don't want your first real-game action to come in the biggest game of the year.
  5. workhorse

workhorse Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I'm going to go out on a limb and I will bet you that their defense gives up less yards than nearly every defense this coming weekend.
  6. ironwasp

ironwasp Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

You guys are on a bye week too, huh?

While you're here, what's with Reggie Wayne? I am not getting good return for my fantasy investment in him.
  7. workhorse

workhorse Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Ya, I guess I'm busted.

Reggie has been a yard or two short several times this season from getting in. I think it will even out soon. Heck with that rushing defense that the Colts keep putting out there, Peyton is really going have to start putting some numbers on the board and Reggie should benefit from it. Though he did have one go right through his hands at about the two that would have been a TD but ended up being a pick.
  8. ironwasp

ironwasp Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Thanks. Fantasy presents strange emotional conflicts. What do I care (usually) if Reggie Wayne's not scoring. Nothing. I am pleased to see it. But this year I find myself hoping Peyton's throwing the bombs his way.

I need a new fantasy strategy. Involving receivers from Arizona and other far-flung places tha have zero impact on the Patriots.
  9. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

they could very well end up being 5-6 or 6-5 after their next six games. Every team brings a real good running game.

Washinton, Denver, NE, Buffalo, Dallas and Philly.

I hope the Colts fans enjoy their Bye week.
  10. the taildragger

the taildragger Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

ha

happy feet? check.
    squints in snow? check.
    panics/tunnel vision under a playoff-caliber rush? check.
    believes in birthright to solid pass protection? check.
    believes in birthright to have receivers wide open and in perfect spots? check.
    looks for excuses when losing (bad calls, weather, coaching, protection)
    inability to forget any detail of his past failures? check.

do not fear the fruitcake.
  11. Poll

Poll Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He NEM, should we run the ball?
  12. workhorse

workhorse Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Ya, I know the feeling. The way that I kind of justify it to myself is that if I have a key player that has a crappy game, most likely the team did to and if the team had a good game, most likely my player did too.

Example:

Nearly every Pats' fan hates Manning. So, if you start Manning and he stinks it up for your fantasy team, most likely the Colts had a crappy game and you can be happy about that. On the flip side, if the Manning and the Colts have a good game, which you hate to see, at least you know that your fantasy team did well. Sometimes it can be easier to own players not on your favorite team, that way you don't get a double wammie if they have a crappy game and lose AND so does your fantasy team. I can be a really tough call. I nearly always play my fantasy players that are playing against the Colts for the same reason.
  13. zippo59

zippo59 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

The scary thing for the Colts is that the Titans don't even have a good run game. Nor do they have a good pass to help open it up for the run.
  14. workhorse

workhorse Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

This is true. The did not dress Bob Sanders for the game since the Colts have a bye this week and they figured that they did not need him and could give him an extra week of rest. I don't know how much of an impact he would have made, but it would have been some. I think part of it also is the Vince Young wildcard. It's really hard to game plan against a guy like that, kind of like Vick. The one good thing, if there was one, is the Colts made some adjustment at half that seemed to work. I think they gave up 150 yards rushing in the first half and only 60 in the second. While 60 a half still figure to 120 for a entire game, it's better than the over 300 they would have been on pace for.
  15. jczxohn1

jczxohn1 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

My wife hates football almost as much as she hates Payton. It's visceral. She changes the station for his commercials. I laugh.:D