PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts game: Felger Report Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Colts game:Felger Report Card

Agreed for the most part, but the secondary does not deserve a B. Aside from Wheatley on the first possession, they didn't make a stop all night. The only other punts we forced came on a great play/tackle by Vrabel and one when the Colts were running the clock out. Our ball control offense is the only thing that masked a terrible game by the secondary.

Thanks for the posting the link. Nice analysis by Felger.

Once again, a very objective and spot-on report card from Felger. Tough to argue with anything he said, though as one poster mentions, I think a B- for the secondary was a tad generous. I'd drop them into the Cs.

once again it was, from me too, a nice analysis

Last edited:

Calling Cassel's timeout a negative without knowing why it was called was stupid on Felger's part.

I would suggest reviewing previous performances by Manning.

Once again, a very objective and spot-on report card from Felger. Tough to argue with anything he said, though as one poster mentions, I think a B- for the secondary was a tad generous. I'd drop them into the Cs.

I would suggest reviewing previous performances by Manning.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it's not necessary. The secondary might have prevented the big play (more a function of scheme anyway), but it was at the expense of Manning carving them up underneath and pretty much moving the ball at will when the Colts needed to score.

I saw nothing from the secondary that would indicate they played anything but average -- hence a C.

Outside of a couple great early Wheatley plays, the secondary never made a play when they needed to. Their play wasn't detrimental, but it wasn't above-average either.

I'd be curious as to why you feel the secondary merits an above-average score?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes