PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts forum: Will Manning take a pay cut?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love TexasColtFan saying that no one in the NFL would take a pay cut to win a Super Bowl. Oh really? Tom Brady did! Tedy Bruschi did! Matt Light did! Willie McGinest did! Hell, even Manny Ramirez offered to give up part of his salary to re-sign Pedro last year!

It would be something if Peyton did that.............but he won't!

Last edited:
Brady didn't take a pay cut persay... but enough with the analytical analysis of it all, we're the World Champs!

Bill's Girl said:
I love TexasColtFan saying that no one in the NFL would take a pay cut to win a Super Bowl. Oh really? Tom Brady did! Tedy Bruschi did! Mstt Light did! Willie McGinest did! Hell, even Manny Ramirez offered to give up part of his salary to re-sign Pedro last year!

It would be something if Peyton did that.............but he won't!

I thought he makes a lot of sense.

Re: If I were Peyton Manning, I would

I dont think many pro football players would take that step.

Lets face it, you are one injury away from losing your career.

And, the average NFL career sits at 5 years. You are almost "forced"
to take care of yourself. You may have to live on that income for awhile.

(Have you seen Earl Cambell "walking" ?)

He may step up and take a SLIGHT pay cut, but would YOU voluntarily take a
paycut to help your company, particularly if your company woud/could cut you at a moments notice ? Its a business

NFL=Not For Long

Last edited:
baahhhhaaaaaahhhaaaaaaaaaaaa why would peyton take away the one thing he plays for?

I would play the league minimum and allow the team to sign Edge and a few more free agents to get them a Super Bowl title.

:rolleyes: yeah definatly i would :rolleyes:

Digger44 said:
baahhhhaaaaaahhhaaaaaaaaaaaa why would peyton take away the one thing he plays for?

To play in the Pro Bowl???

Sometimes you take a pay cut to make more over the long haul. After Troy Brown re-signed with the Pats last year, his agent pointed out the fact that he may have been offered more to play somewhere else; but that the opportunity to earn more after Football would be severely reduced. He's a favorite son here in New England and will remain one for the next 20-30 years, unless of course, he shows up on national television wearing a bad guy's uni (cough tylawjohnnydamon cough) When Brown finally hangs up his cleats he'll go to 'work' for some giant NE-based company as a spokeperson pulling down big bucks and doing squat.

sdaniels7114 said:
Sometimes you take a pay cut to make more over the long haul. After Troy Brown re-signed with the Pats last year, his agent pointed out the fact that he may have been offered more to play somewhere else; but that the opportunity to earn more after Football would be severely reduced. He's a favorite son here in New England and will remain one for the next 20-30 years, unless of course, he shows up on national television wearing a bad guy's uni (cough tylawjohnnydamon cough) When Brown finally hangs up his cleats he'll go to 'work' for some giant NE-based company as a spokeperson pulling down big bucks and doing squat.

Your point is well taken - but in the case of Troy, its unlikely that money is going to be a factor

I think Troy still loves to play - and if the Patriots don't want him to play he would consider playing for another team

I think Troy's commitment to this organization is recognized well enough that even if he did play for someone like the Saints for one season, he'd be warmly welcomed back into the organization with no harm done when his career is over.

Playing for the Colts might be a different matter - but Troy's already in the category of Lifetime Patriot

Questions for Mods/Admins

Why are Mikey's Manning-obsessed threads allowed to remain in this forum?? When others are moved to the Interleague forum???

Miguel said:
Why are Mikey's Manning-obsessed threads allowed to remain in this forum?? When others are moved to the Interleague forum???

I would very much appreciate it if you can list out all the "Manning-obsessed" threads I have started.

And if you read the thread above, you will notice that the discussions are not solely about Manning.

Many of the responses are about Brady and the Patriots.

I am hoping your personal prejudice against me will not result in selective and arbitrary censoring of my postings.

Last edited:
mikey said:
I would very much appreciate it if you can list out all the "Manning-obsessed" threads I have started.

And if you read the thread above, you will notice that the discussions are not solely about Manning.

I am hoping your personal prejudice against me will not result in selective and arbitrary censoring of my postings.

It appears Mikey likes Peyton, but he is never annoying about it. Mikey never bashes the Pats (that I have seen) and respects this board and the team. I find in fun to laugh at all Colts fans, but Mikey is cool.

Digger44 said:
It appears Mikey likes Peyton, but he is never annoying about it. Mikey never bashes the Pats (that I have seen) and respects this board and the team. I find in fun to laugh at all Colts fans, but Mikey is cool.
Digger44,

Thanks for the kind words.

But I am NOT a Colts fan and I don't like Manning.

Like you, I am a Patriots fan. I do NOT bash the Patriots. :)

mikey said:

As you will know, a good number of past threads can not be brought up. For example, I can recall but can not find your posts in this forum criticizing the Mannings for their charitable work after Katrina. BTW, that is a very clever response. You know that I can't bring up all of your Manning-related threads over the past months and yet you ask for a listing.

[/quote]And if you read the thread above, you will notice that the discussions are not solely about Manning.

Many of the responses are about Brady and the Patriots.[/quote]

IMO, this thread should have been created in the Interleague forum.

I am just asking that your posts regarding Manning be placed in the appropriate forum. I do not consider that censorship, just common courtesy.

Miguel said:
IMO, this thread should have been created in the Interleague forum.
Interleague Forum: This is the forum for fans of opposing teams to come in and sound off. Please keep it clean and no personal attacks, profanity, etc.

Doesn't sound like this thread belongs there to me.

This forum here is for patriots fans to talk about the Patriots, as you say, but included in "patriots" talk, IMO, are such non-patriot specific items as the general salaries, salaries of other teams, prognositcations or the NFL and playoffs in general, the Cap in general, draftable players not yet a Pat or likely to become a Pat, the NFL in general, other teams in general, other players in general. If we are Pats fans, we can discuss it here, as I read the rules.

Why single out this post? Did you complain about Ricky's drug thread? About all the threads on officiating in the superbowl? We should put all the superbowl threads in the inter-league? If you are pushing to get all those posts moved, say so. Whether we agree or disagree, there is nothing wrong with you wanting to do that. The way you came across is someone trying to run a subversive attack on another member. I am certainly not a Mikey fan, adn I can't believe I'm defending him, but the interleague forum doesn't make sense for this thread IMO. Certainly has as much right to be here as Ricky's drug test.

Anyway, Manning's over-bloated and cap-destroying contract most definately affects the Patriots, IMO. It affects who the Pats might play in future AFC playoff games. Manning's greed gave the COlts a year or two to win the SB. The money window is closing quickly, and that is worhty of discussion here.

It would be a shame if no CBA can be reached. But if not, at least we can watch the Colts squirm. Unless Manning takes a pay cut, of course :)

I think this is an appropriate place for a thread about Manning and his cap number. The Colts are of course one of the Pats biggest rivals, what Manning does, what the Colts do, can certainly affect the Patriots. I prefer to see these type of topics here, and not have to go and search them out in another forum.

interleague, schminterleague...

mikey said:

why the personal remarks?
IMO a lotta folks, including me, write things that we would speak in a non-hostile way. but as e-statements they come out inflammatory.
IMO this thread is on the bubblee, but i dont think it will ultimately damage the integrity of this forum. it's a pretty self-correcting bunch any way. IMO, miguel is one of the bellweather folks in helping that happen.
"personal prejudice against me"? "censoring"? this is an e-forum about the new england patriots. it's for fun. if somebody wants to behave in that way toward me, they'll have to travel a LONG way to do it. it's only words.
it's only words.
it's only words.
this is supposed to be fun.

spacecrime said:
Interleague Forum: This is the forum for fans of opposing teams to come in and sound off. Please keep it clean and no personal attacks, profanity, etc.

Doesn't sound like this thread belongs there to me.

You are right. I was wrong
This forum here is for patriots fans to talk about the Patriots, as you say, but included in "patriots" talk, IMO, are such non-patriot specific items as the general salaries, salaries of other teams, prognositcations or the NFL and playoffs in general, the Cap in general, draftable players not yet a Pat or likely to become a Pat, the NFL in general, other teams in general, other players in general. If we are Pats fans, we can discuss it here, as I read the rules.

Why single out this post?

I just had it with Mikey's Manning's posts.

IMO, his Manning/Katrina posts, his Manning/Bradshaw post, and his post about having a collegiate award named after Mannings have absolutely NOTHING to do with the Pats. This was the wrong thread to express my disdain.

Did you complain about Ricky's drug thread? About all the threads on officiating in the superbowl? We should put all the superbowl threads in the inter-league? If you are pushing to get all those posts moved, say so.
I'm not pushing to get all those posts moved.

I will end my participation in this thread. I will just add Mikey to my "Ignore" list.

ilduce06410 said:
why the personal remarks?
IMO a lotta folks, including me, write things that we would speak in a non-hostile way. but as e-statements they come out inflammatory.
IMO this thread is on the bubblee, but i dont think it will ultimately damage the integrity of this forum. it's a pretty self-correcting bunch any way. IMO, miguel is one of the bellweather folks in helping that happen.
"personal prejudice against me"? "censoring"? this is an e-forum about the new england patriots. it's for fun. if somebody wants to behave in that way toward me, they'll have to travel a LONG way to do it. it's only words.
it's only words.
it's only words.
ilduce06410,

You are right. It's only words and this is supposed to be fun. I should have refrained from responding to Miguel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back