Welcome to PatsFans.com

Colts fans hyping up Darius Butler

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by RodThePat, Nov 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RodThePat

RodThePat Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Butler - Colts Football - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I don't normally like to comment on what other fanbases are saying, but this is just gold. One guy even mentions how Butler could be useful against the Patriots because "he probably has picked Brady off numerous times in practice". Yeah, buddy, I'm sure Tom will be veeeery concerned about Darius ******* Butler going into the Indy game.

Look for Belichick and McDaniels to draw up a gameplan that involves going after this stiff multiple times.
  2. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

The Butler has never done it... in fact hasn't done anything

Probably never will
  3. everlong

everlong Rookie

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I've heard so much worse on this board. The kid had a good game and they're excited because they've already won 2X the games most of the national media had them winning. Butler always seemed like a nice kid and I wish him well every week he's not playing the Pats.

I hope minus the Pats game they win out so when people bring up 08 Matt Cassel I can say ya 6 less wins, 150+ less points, 1500+ less yards....Then the Colts suck for Luck and Luck does better than the messiah Manning.
  4. CheeseMonkeys

CheeseMonkeys Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0

I was glad to hear Butler had a good game. I'm rooting for him anytime it won't affect the Patriots.
  5. mayoclinic

mayoclinic PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Butler was a good kid with a lot of athletic ability and talent. His confidence sort of fell apart in 2010, and he didn't do anything for 2 years. I hope he can salvage his career, and wish him well. But I don't miss him, and I hope TB torches him.
  6. Off The Grid

Off The Grid Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -0

#3 Jersey

2 Interceptions and a TouchDown in his very first start...

Why can't we get players like that? ;)

I had a strong feeling that Butler was gonna be our answer at Slot Corner in 2011...and I was dead wrong.

But while Wheatley, Wihlite, and Stomper have continued to flounder since their departures, one should acknowledge that talented players who get off on the wrong track as a result of poor coaching or poor environment rarely recover their footing, regardless of which team oversaw their initial failure.

Not that I cared much for any of those 3: But it's an important point that is rarely acknowledged.

Obviously I've got a bit of an Agenda, regarding young Butler...But a minor one, as I wasn't exactly a fawning devotee of the kid, and it's hardly the first Call I ever got wrong.

But if this proves, in time, to be his BreakOut Game, and leads to his fulfilling the Promise that led to his being drafted in the early 2nd Round, 3 years ago, it will certainly cast further doubt on the efficacy of our Secondary Coaching.
  7. chasa

chasa Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

Its amazing how good someone can look playing against the second worst team in the league.
  8. PatsFan2

PatsFan2 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Darius Butler is the Colts version of Kyle Arrington...who only gets Int when the QB's throws it right at them.:p
  9. patchick

patchick Moderatrix Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0

If Butler finally finds his game -- in his 4th NFL season, with his 3th NFL team -- then he would have followed precisely the career arc of Jeremy Mincey. Yet I feel pretty good about our DL/LB coaches.

:confused2:

IMO Butler is just an individual case of a guy with tons of skills who couldn't put it together in games. If there were a zero-pressure drill-running Superbowl, he'd be a superstar.
  10. Nehalem

Nehalem Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

And yet Mark Sanchez managed to hang 26 points on us.:rolleyes:
  11. JJDChE

JJDChE Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

They'll realize their folly soon enough. Most likely next week.
  12. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss Revis Island is here PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

butler is the next revis...so good :rolleyes:
  13. BB4PRez

BB4PRez Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I agree with this completely - nice to see Butler have a good game
  14. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

I hope that Butler makes it in the NFL- no reason not to. But I hope that he and the other Colts DB's get smoked several times in their upcoming game with the Patriots.
  15. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

And yet, the Jets came away with a loss.:rolleyes:
  16. Brady_to_Moss

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Will they have either of their starting CBs by then?
  17. Armchair Quarterback

Armchair Quarterback Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

So we're just going to act as if no one on this board considered him starting material. I remember being told we have no need to acquire another CB because we had Butler and Bodden. Of course neither made the opening day roster the next year.
  18. condon84

condon84 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Maybe he's getting coached up?:confused2:
  19. Brady_to_Moss

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Maybe he had just 1 good game and will revert to what he is
  20. DocHoliday

DocHoliday Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

i remember being convinced he was light years above Arrington.
  21. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 1 / -0

Butler always had the physical skills and talent. That was evident at the Combine. But he just never put it together after a promising rookie season. I don't miss him, but you do have to wonder if it wasn't just a matter of scheme, fit, and coaching. Sometimes a change of scenery can turn around a guy's career.

TFB has made good corners look bad though, so I'm not worried about Butler quite yet. Let him string together a few more good performances first. Right now as a fan, I"m taking it one week at a time. Let's focus on blowing out the Bills! :cool:
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  22. Palm Beach Pats Fan

Palm Beach Pats Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

He always had the athletic ability.

In a Pats uniform though, what did that ability translate to? Getting further out of position much faster than would be humanly possible for corners of lesser athletic ability.

Maybe he has started to grasp a playbook and get some decent instincts. Color me skeptical, though
  23. MrNathanDrake

MrNathanDrake Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 3 / -1

#95 Jersey

Darius Butler AND Brandon Tate both turned out decent after we cut them.

Butler is at least better than the scrubs we've had around like Sterling Moore and Malcolm Williams.

Tate would offer more as a 3rd WR than Deion Branch, plus he is a good kick returner.

_____

As far as Darius Butler goes...... does anyone remember when Braylon Edwards caught a TD over him and did the Dougie right in his face? Butler walked away with his head down. Looked like he might've cried.

He was never the same after that. It destroyed his confidence. He looked hesitant and made mental errors after that. Maybe he's finally getting his confidence back. The physical tools were always there.
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  24. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +72 / 3 / -1

Disable Jersey

:confused:

They've both been crap since getting cut. Tate has 7 catches, total, since the Patriots let him go. Butler was getting smoked in Carolina just as he was in New England. People are reading way too much into last night's game. He got a tip drill INT and a pick where any decent QB would have abused him because he sat so obviously on a route.
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  25. Brady_to_Moss

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Tate did have a good game vs denver in the return game..but that's about all he is good for
  26. Finnishfan

Finnishfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I hope Butler will improve, becouse I like him as well.

But if he is on the field against us and is the same Butler I remember, then we need to call out routes, double move fly routes, basically any kind of deep fade routes, post corners or quick screens with elusive slot receivers and he will get burned all night long.

There is a vast list of routes where he cannot hold contain, at least not if he is the same Butler who played for us. And becouse he doesn't know how to read receivers, he will get PI'd on the outside routes even if he manages to keep the coverage intact.

If you remember when he was still with them, then you gotta remember the 1000x sideline completions made to his coverage. Brady will do just that if Butler gets a start on the outside against us.
  27. aurakilla

aurakilla Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

how is this guy still in the league?
  28. JMarr

JMarr Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Good for them. Glad they're excited. But hyping Darius Butler as some kind of key cog in their hopeful resurrection is a surefire sign that expectations over there need to be tamped down. The Colts fans I know are starting to believe last year's 2-14 showing was an aberration, and due solely to Manning's absence. Indy fans are the worst. I hope Brady hangs 60 on them.
  29. Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

poor ignorant bastards.
  30. IndyColtfans

IndyColtfans Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He's a backup. Jesus, you guys go out of your way to find things about the Colts and their fans to ***** about. We're excited they won.....sorry I guess?

And last year was an aberration by the very definition of the word. The norm has been 10-12 wins for a while now. This Ida re:cool:building year and they're 6-3, life is good.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.