PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts DT Quinn Pitc0ck turns away from team in training camp and quits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask any player about the differences from college to the NFL and you'll here them talk as if the games are almost completely different.

Look, I don't know why the guy retired and left good money on the table. I just know that football is a violent game that takes years off the lives of the players and leaves a lot of them permanently debilitated. I'm not about to belittle someone for deciding that the money is not worth it, no matter what point in their careers they do so. I didn't begrudge Sanders for doing it, or any of the O-lineman who retired from Patriots camp, or anyone else.

I agree.

My brother-in-law was a 3rd round pick of the Bills. Quit a year later, as he didn't enjoy the job. Admitedly later in his early 40s he had regrets at passing up the $, but that's financially induced revisionism after the memory of the pain and the time is long gone.

Maybe his moral compass couldn't handle rubbing elbows with a violent felon like Marvin Harrison on a daily basis, while getting religious tripe spouted into his ear by a hypcritical phony. Poor guy.

nah the real reason is he knew that the colts don't stand a chance with the patriots and chargers. why play for a team like the colts when the inevitable will occur? manning is going to choke like he always does. better to quit now.

This was one of the raps against Ghoslton in this years draft. A guy who has all the talent, a physical freak, but he may not love football and may not put in what it takes once he's been paid.

Now, wouldn't that be an awful thing to happen to the Jets? Just awful.:cool:

This was one of the raps against Ghoslton in this years draft. A guy who has all the talent, a physical freak, but he may not love football and may not put in what it takes once he's been paid.

Now, wouldn't that be an awful thing to happen to the Jets? Just awful.:cool:

Terrible. I don't think I would be able to sleep well at night if that happened.

It sucks for the Colts, but the young man has every right to decide he doesn't want to devote his life to football. The fact that many other people would like to devote their lives to football is totally irrelevant. In fact, it's a very common and easy mistake to make big life decisions based on what you think most other people would want.

Not long ago I was in a position to do something fairly prestigious and lucrative, and so I said yes. Everybody congratulated me on the opportunity, and not a single person asked whether it was something I really wanted. Once I started, I discovered I was flat-out miserable. It was wrong for me. I desperately wished the whole thing had never happened. After months of agony, I woke up and realized: I can walk away. I'll be saying goodbye to the money, people will raise some eyebrows, but I'll get to spend my days doing something I'm good at rather than something I was never meant to do. It was an incredibly hard decision, and one of the best things I've ever done. I have absolutely no regrets. I hope Mr. Pitccck feels the same.

nothing against your prediction but one linemen retires and that makes you feel really confident about yuor prediction????

I would wait until some games are played before you sway your confidence on the prediction.

I would predict that the Colts win the division still.

Freeney, Manning, and Sanders aren't practicing and there are no guarantees that they will be back by the start of the season. Ty Hagler and a few other decent players are still question marks too. Can Harrison stay healthy and rebound from an injury plagued season last year at age 36? Will the shooting in Philly rear it's ugly head. Who is talking about one player? I am talking about a long string of problems this offseason.

I am not all that confident that the Colts are going to win the division. This offseason has been brutal to them.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/07/29/pit****-done-with-football/

You would think that a guy who is fortunate enough to be drafted into the NFL and especially as high as in the 3rd round and given enough money in a contract to live a comfortable life and who wanted to be drafted in the NFL would at least try and get his heart in the game.

He had given the Colts trouble last year in getting to agree to a contract and now walks out on the team?

I can guarantee there are thousands of athletes who would have loved to have been in Pit****'s shoes right now,Especially on a team certainly capable of winning a championship this year.

Stupid if you ask me....

I heard that he really, REALLY wanted to deck the quarterhick during practice but was forbidden to do so. So, he quit in frustration.

PFT is garbage

I don't think he officially has left football yet. Dungy has said he has some personal problems he needs to work out and if all works out he will return later. If he leaves then he leaves nothing you can do about it. I was not too impressed by him last season and he was always hurt but I had high hopes for him this year.

We seem to lose a DT every offseason so it would not suprise me.

The best news so far is that Manning is back at camp so the infection might be gone but he is not practicing yet. Marvin looks fantastic. And Freeney looks good running and he has done some drills at the end of practice with the D line. He should be back practicing more in 3 weeks.

Sanders is Sanders. He did nothing until the season started last year but he says he wants to get back into things sooner than later.

Overall be conservative with them and let them take it easy. They are vets and know the system as well as each other.

Last edited:
I know if some team offered me a 1 month NFL prove it-type contract at about a rate of $100,000,I'm there,even if I know I may get my ass wiped out.

Please God, for the million times this is said, let it happen once. And tape it.:eek:

Thank you.:D

I was presented with an opertunity (soccer) and the lifestyle of an athlete....seriously if your not training your watching what you eat and drink, if your not doing that your sleeping or too tired to do anything but sit there. Friends are having fun whilst you can't because you either have a game, a practice. Some guys get really moody and I was not a good person to be around at times because I couldn't eat what I liked, especially pre season when the fitness was blitzed. Then the NFL players have plays to study, countless meetings and two a day practices this time of year on top? 0630 starts for some teams?

Your head really has to be in the game and this guys wasn't. It's not for him and I think thats fair enough, infact I aplaud the fact he's made such a huge decision to walk away from most fans dream. I don't think anybody here doubts it's hard work, but I do think fans sometimes don't realise just how hard the lifestyle can be for athletes.

Players talk about sacrifice if you want to be somebody in sports...they seriously aint kidding.

If his head and heart isn't in the game, quitting is probably the right thing to do. Yes, it's a privilege to play in the NFL, and now one more guy will be privileged enough to experience it because this guy quit. I don't see the point in ragging on him for the choice he made, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back