PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts Claim Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
There Indy goes again -- loading up on free agents rather than building from within!

There Indy goes again -- loading up on free agents rather than building from within!

How can the youngest team in the NFL have so many free agents that you speak about. 95% of their team is from the draft. Look it up...

I think that was a bit facetious on his part.

A veteran with diminished skills can be a key contributor if his strengths are emphasized and his weaknesses are covered by other players. The Pats have done this many times, from Ted Washington to Troy Brown to Junior Seau. The question is whether Dungy can do this mid-season... watching how much trouble they had this week getting new players fully integrated into their system and/or adapting their system to utilize those players, I am not so sure.

Nothing wrong with being a devot Christian. I believe more people in this world could benefit going to church every once in awhile. In this day and age, it refreshing to see someone represent themselves in something they believe in.

So I don't get all the jokes condeming him because he believes what he does. There are a lot worse things in this world.

Others have responded, but I want to reiterate that this has nothing to do with Dungy's beliefs. The fact is, "in this day and age" the NFL is full of deeply devout Christians, including plenty of prominent Patriots players and executives. It's not a rare life path. What's rare is, as you put it, the way Dungy represents himself. He comes off as not simply righteous but self-righteous -- giving the public the false impression that being a Christian family man makes him an anomaly in the league, and better than everybody else. And he revels in it. He strikes me as prideful and sanctimonious, and I don't like that in people of any faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back