PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts Claim Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saint Tony will lay his hands upon Rice's head and turn back the clock 5 years. So it is written... So it shall be done.

Dungy pees holy water. True story.

He'll get doubled in Indy.. Good pick up, good match..

He'll get doubled in Indy. His closest teamate will be holding him up. When I lived in Tampa a few years ago, there was talk that he was all washed up. But I'm sure a spiritual leader will raise him from the dead. The Colts should sign Bruce Smith and bookend them.

Maybe the Colts could sign zombie Reggie White.

Freeny is *really* hurt. The Colts are truly screwed now. Welcome to Patsland circa 2006...could happen to a nicer group of people.

$3 million for half a season is a lot money. So you can rule out half of the teams, then you can rule out 3-4 defenses that is another 9 teams. So that leaves about 5 teams that he could possible play for.

$3 million for half a season surely is a lot...but Rice isn't getting that, is he? I thought that $3 million is the deal Rice signed with Denver at the start of the season -- mostly signing bonus plus a modest salary. So where are you getting that the Colts are paying $3 mil for the next 7 games? :confused:

Seems like a sensible move by the Colts. Rice might not be all that, or even "half that," but he's still better than you'd expect available to find when you're in midseason emergency mode. Easy decision.

I guess he does fill a hole. On the other hand, this is exactly why the Indy fans are in such denial. "He'll get doubled", it was a moral victory, pride shines in defeat. I seriously hope this team gets healthy, or else we will have to hear all the "ifs" when they crown the Patriots.

I guess he does fill a hole. On the other hand, this is exactly why the Indy fans are in such denial. "He'll get doubled", it was a moral victory, pride shines in defeat. I seriously hope this team gets healthy, or else we will have to hear all the "ifs" when they crown the Patriots.
Yeah, no sh-t.
We'll never hear the end of it. Especially when Sanders dislocates hs shoulder and Rice can't get around the end or make a tackle.
Colts are DONE! D....U....N....DONE!

He'll get doubled in Indy.. Good pick up, good match..

Come on, now, take off the blue-and-white glasses. Teams don't not start and then cut DLinemen who can command a double-team. They just don't.

Be happy you have a fortuitous stop-gap to cover for Freeney (i.e. a guy who has actually played in NFL games).

$3 million for half a season surely is a lot...but Rice isn't getting that, is he? I thought that $3 million is the deal Rice signed with Denver at the start of the season -- mostly signing bonus plus a modest salary. So where are you getting that the Colts are paying $3 mil for the next 7 games? :confused:

Seems like a sensible move by the Colts. Rice might not be all that, or even "half that," but he's still better than you'd expect available to find when you're in midseason emergency mode. Easy decision.

He's not even getting close to $3MM from Indy ...

from the article pasted above:

The Colts get Rice for seven games at a prorated base salary of $820,000, which equates to $337,000 over the last seven games of the year.

Again, any playoff bound NFL team looking for depth on the DLine (i.e. any team in the NFL) would be willing to pay Rice $337k if they thought he was worth it.

The fact Indy was the only team to think so says something about his (eroding) skillset.

Come on, now, take off the blue-and-white glasses. Teams don't not start and then cut DLinemen who can command a double-team. They just don't.

Be happy you have a fortuitous stop-gap to cover for Freeney (i.e. a guy who has actually played in NFL games).

ever heard of Tank Johnson...Come on Fella's let us believe...Let us believe that the pride will shine through... :)

Still will make the Playoffs, but will be extremely tough to do anything.

He's not even getting close to $3MM from Indy ...

from the article pasted above:

Again, any playoff bound NFL team looking for depth on the DLine (i.e. any team in the NFL) would be willing to pay Rice $337k if they thought he was worth it.

The fact Indy was the only team to think so says something about his (eroding) skillset.
Maybe Dungy can look past the man and see his soul.

ever heard of Tank Johnson...Come on Fella's let us believe...Let us believe that the pride will shine through... :)

The only real legit upside of the move IMO is that Rice is familiar with Dungy's system and won't take too long to acclimate, v. similar to Booger last year.

And I wouldn't worry too much about the playoffs ... if you can get the #2 seed you should be ok ... your only real problem is if Pitt steals the #2 seed, then you'll have to worry.

get serious... 34 yrs old, long history of injuries... tank johnson got cut because he is a stooopid gang banger but he is still young and hasnt reach his prime yet... simeon rice got cut because he's old and slow...

Nothing wrong with being a devot Christian. I believe more people in this world could benefit going to church every once in awhile. In this day and age, it refreshing to see someone represent themselves in something they believe in.

So I don't get all the jokes condeming him because he believes what he does. There are a lot worse things in this world.

Nothing wrong with being a devot Christian. I believe more people in this world could benefit going to church every once in awhile. In this day and age, it refreshing to see someone represent themselves in something they believe in.

So I don't get all the jokes condeming him because he believes what he does. There are a lot worse things in this world.

It's OK to be a devout Christian, but creating an air like your better than everybody else because of it is pretty annoying.

It's OK to be a devout Christian, but creating an air like your better than everybody else because of it is pretty annoying.

I didn't know you and him were close friends. Hard to judge someone through a Zenith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back