PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts C Saturday "could be out months"

Status
Not open for further replies.

WOW...

"The Indianapolis Colts likely will be without Jeff Saturday for at least the first six weeks of the season, and longer if the Pro Bowl center decides to have surgery to repair ligament damage to his right knee, his agent said today.

Saturday could not be reached for comment and the Colts offered no update on his status. But Saturday’s agent, Ralph Cindrich, confirmed his client faces a long road back after tearing his medial collateral ligament in Sunday’s preseason loss to Buffalo.

If Saturday opts against surgery, “I don’t think he’ll be able to get back on the field for at least six or seven weeks,” Cindrich said. “He’s down for a while.”

If Saturday has surgery, his recovery might last 11 weeks, Cindrich said. “But from all reports,” he added, “he could be back before the end of the season.”

Saturday, 33, has started every game — 59 straight including playoffs — since late in the 2004 season. In his absence, rookie Steve Justice likely will start at center.

Complicating matters further for Saturday and the Colts is that he’s in the final year of his contract.

“Right now he’s just biding time,’’ Cindrich said. “Jeff wants (the knee) to settle down and we’ll do a little more research on it, a little more talking to make sure we’re on solid ground (with any decision).”

I get the feeling he does not want to go the surgery route so he can come back sooner.

Well Steve Justice is the same size as Saturday. He will have to get used to Manning slapping his ass now.

Poor Saturday. I hate preseason.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back