PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts C Saturday "could be out months"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet. They mitigated it by drafting a bazillion Centers this year but Saturday is pretty darn good so he'll be missed.

A veteran center is a tough, tough piece to lose, especially in an offense that makes so many pre-snap adjustments. Saturday has been in making the line calls for 126 of the Colts' last 128 games.

On the flip side, I heard the Colts got some QB back off PUP? ;)

Stunning analysis of the day award to NFL.com for this snippet about the upcoming Colts-Bengals preseason game:

Keep your eye on...
Colts center Steve Justice: With Pro Bowl center Jeff Saturday leaving Sunday's preseason game with a knee injury, Justice will likely get the start in the Colts' final preseason game. At 6-foot-3 and 293 pounds, the sixth-round pick is similar in size to Saturday, who is listed at 6-2, 295 pounds.

Oh wow! Their rookie center is the size of...a center!!!
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Tough break for Saturday.

Wasn't he an UDFA?

have to admire a guy who works his way into a permanent starting role.

I don't care for the Colts (which should surprise no one) but I hate to see injuries.

Hope he returns okay.

Just FYI, here is what he said...

Coach Tony Dungy said earlier today that further evaluations will determine if an injury to the right knee of Jeff Saturday is a short-term concern, or might threaten his season.

“It could be anywhere from a couple of weeks to a major injury,’’ Dungy said. “We’re still trying to sort that out right now.’’

Definitely not positive, but kind of open ended. He is the cog in the middle, so hopefully he's not gone too long.

Stunning analysis of the day award to NFL.com for this snippet about the upcoming Colts-Bengals preseason game:

Keep your eye on...
Colts center Steve Justice: With Pro Bowl center Jeff Saturday leaving Sunday's preseason game with a knee injury, Justice will likely get the start in the Colts' final preseason game. At 6-foot-3 and 293 pounds, the sixth-round pick is similar in size to Saturday, who is listed at 6-2, 295 pounds.

Oh wow! Their rookie center is the size of...a center!!!
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

LOL, what a glimpse at the obvious by NFL.com......how do they find these analysts that do such deep dives.......

Definitely not positive, but kind of open ended. He is the cog in the middle, so hopefully he's not gone too long.

Dungy proactively listed Saturday as "questionable" until week 14.

Maybe he'll remain day-to-day for 3 months like Marvin Harrison.

I don't wish injuries on anyone. So I really can't relish over this news.

This is where Manning missing most of the preseason and training camp hurts though. They could play most of the season with a rookie center, but he and Manning have not had a chance at working on their continuity of handing off the snaps and shotguns. That can really hurt the Colts over the first month of the season.

If Saturday's replacement struggles, Manning could struggle. Like Brady, Manning is far more suseptible to the inside rush than the outside rush. If you can get pressure on the inside, you can neutralize a QB with a quick release if he isn't mobile. That hurt Brady in the Super Bowl and the Pats have neutralized Manning in the past with a strong inside rush.

Personally, I thought could be the year that Jacksonville surpassed the Colts in the division. The way the Colts' offseason and preseason has gone, I have had my belief reinforced. If Saturday is out more than a couple of games, I think the Colts are in for a long season.

Great news. That's a HUGE loss. That might delay Manning's return a few more weeks.

Yeah, whenever the Colts talk about an injury to one of their key players, I am now conditioned to believe that it is far worse than they let on. They did the same thing with Bob Sanders in 2006.

John Clayton did say earlier this week that Saturday had a MCL injury possibly a tear. It took Seymour about six weeks to rebound from an MCL sprain. So you gotta think that maybe the minimum time to return for Saturday. But since they are talking the possibility of surgery, I think it is more than a sprain.

Last edited:
Hopefully he doesn't come back before our annual mid-season AFC Championship preview so Big Vince can run over the unproven rookie back-up center on his way to Peyton.

I just hope he doesn't shoot at poor innocent children like Marvin Harrison.

The only NFL player i know that has an arsenal of weapons hidden in the thriving car wash business he owns.

those poor children. Getting shot at. by marvin. With a gun...

It's like they know who will be out during the year. Last year they draft Gonzalez and Ugoh. Soon after, Harrison and Glenn disappear.

Last edited:
Great news. That's a HUGE loss. That might delay Manning's return a few more weeks.

If Saturday doesn't make it back to the field for the 11/2 Pats vs Colts game and the Pats win again in Indy, prepare for the following thread titles on Colts message boards:

"If we had Saturday, Colts win that game easy"

"Can't wait for the AFCCG rematch in Foxboro"

"Colts should have the upper hand playing in cold weather"

"Brady is Gay"

"I hate Bellecheck" (note, I know how to spell his name, most haters don't)

Last edited:
If Saturday doesn't make it back to the field for the 11/2 Pats vs Colts game and the Pats win again in Indy, prepare for the following thread titles on Colts message boards:

"If we had Saturday, Colts win that game easy"

"Can't wait for the AFCCG rematch in Foxboro"

"Colts should have the upper hand playing in cold weather"

"Brady is Gay"

You need a new spell check.

It is Belicheat. That is what all the haters are calling him these days.

I always thought that winning 3 SBs was kinda the antithesis of choking, but to each his own I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back