PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts Being Talked UP still

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradyFTW!

Goodell sucks
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
To be honest, I'd rather have no media support than have Cowherd in our corner. We don't want any association with that dumbass.

He's on ESPN radio. He is obnoxious.

I was listening to him today from noon to one. He was practically libelous
towards Belichick. First time I had ever heard him. I couldn't believe what
I was hearing. Obnoxious doesn't even come close to describing that *******!

Trying to swim through the muddy waters of the TV media coverage this morning and I am somewhat surprised at the volume of pundits now claiming that they never gave the Colts a chance but after yesterday's game they believe they can win in the playoffs in Foxboro. Apart from stating the obvious that any team in the playoffs (well maybe not in the Wild Card game) has a chance to win; what amazes me is the fact that they continue to talk up the Colts despite a collapse in the fourth quarter. Several have put it down to the defense getting tired (unlike the AFCC last year for the Pats), and the absence of key players including a rookie!(repeat last parenthetical comment).

Not much has been said about the Pats overcoming a 10 point deficit with 10 mins left in the 4th quarter, other than to suggest that it was expected.

I thought the Colts Defense played really well, but on analysis I also thought they played above themselves. They did have a good game plan taking out the short yardage plays and allowing the pass rushers to get to Brady, but I thought they would find it hard to sustain their momentum, and it seemed to be the case in the 4th Quarter. Part of my observation is that the whole team has been running on the adrenalin of being the Superbowl Champion. They have been running on the confidence and belief that they are unbeatable (especially in the RCA dome) and that they have taken the best clutch kicker away from the Pats who have a lesser talent to replace him. The evidence for the hubris is the TV shots of how deflated they were on the sidelines (and not just after the final FF by Manning).

I believe that the defense will find it much harder to raise their output to that same level, now that they have tasted defeat and especially a defeat in their favored dome. I also think it was the offense that failed them at the end of the game, with the OL looking more fatigued and PM pressured out of his rhythm.

However my point is that their defense is fast and hard hitting, but unable to endure sustained effort and nowhere does this get tested more than in the playoffs. I think any rematch now has to favor the Pats even more than this one (point spread 9 anyone?), not the other way around as the pundits seem to be pointing.

Finally I have to confess to a guilty feeling of pleasure when Adam missed the first FG (thanks to Sey), but it was nice to see TB greeting him warmly at the end of the game (you just cant forget those SB wins).

The colts are a helluva team and did a great job yesterday. I happen to think we took their best punch and that the next game - home OR away - the Pats will win more handily. But I'm not sure it's all that surprising that the golden children get this treatment the day after getting every break still wasn't enough.

Colin Cowherd, for one, is b!tching out the refs all morning.

Really? Saying they screwed the Pats? Shocking as he has talked crap about the Pats.

Really? Saying they screwed the Pats? Shocking as he has talked crap about the Pats.

He's pretty much in line with all of us. It's refreshing.

We just have to face it that the Pats are fighting an uphill battle in the media.
I'm more concerned with the blatantly biased officiating.

I am impressed with the fact that the Pats won despite, in Brady's words, not having prepared for a lot of what the Colts showed them.
They adjusted and adapted just in time.

I like the Pats chances if:
the Colts are healthy and the officiating is good.
the Colts are the same, but the refs try to screw us.
If both go in favor of the Colts, it could be a different outcome.

I tend not to be a "media is against us" sort of fan, but I have to agree with the poster. ESPN has been talking up the Colts because the Pats only won by 4 on the road.

What a joke. I wonder if it is they are trying to prime the hype pump for the likely rematch in the playoffs?

Anyone who thinks a Patriots win in any rematch this season is a formality is seriously deluding themselves.

Ultimately this game came down to a handful of plays; a Reggie Wayne drop, a crappy PI call, a bizarre 73 yard touchdown, a freak-of-nature catch from Moss... any of those go the other way the game changes in an instant.

The Colts were terrific. The defense handled the loss of a couple of key players without missing a bit and were intense and fast throughout. Addai is a total warrior. They'll be tough wherever and whenever we play them and only our best will be enough to defeat them.

That said our team showed incredible character, adding the guts and substance to the glitz and show of the last few weeks. Beating up on the Redskins is one thing, coming back from a 10 point deficit on the road in that place is something entirely different.

But there's a long way to go yet in this season and a huge number of things can change. So if some pundits want to talk up the Colts, that's fine. They are a great football team and it will take another great performance to get past them if we see them again.

I don't think everyone has a problem with the Colts being talked up. It's just the way they downplay the Patriots win.
The double standard the apply to significance of injuries. Last year's AFCCG, we endured numerous injuries, yet all we hear about is 'the greatest comeback in CG history'.
It never stops. BB is a jerk for not hugging Jesus... I mean Dungy.

Not one mention of the horrendous, almost game changing officiating.

I would like to give more credit to the Colts, as they played like the Patriots have for the last few years. Gutsy, determined, etc. But when we hear the media making excuses for them and see the officials making calls to help them it gets a bit ridiculous.

The colts are a helluva team and did a great job yesterday. I happen to think we took their best punch and that the next game - home OR away - the Pats will win more handily. But I'm not sure it's all that surprising that the golden children get this treatment the day after getting every break still wasn't enough.

pardon my ignorance, but who is colin cowherd? Is he on ESPN or NFL network?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes