PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts are handed another win on a silver platter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Run DMC

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
The zebras strike again. Why does the NFL so blatantly hand games to QB's named Pay-me-a-ton or Lord Favrequard. I am really tired of seeing this.

Last edited:
Re: OT: Colts are handed another win on a silver platter!

also a storyline...

the colts are making the playoffs as a wildcard...

the rest of their schedule is very soft, and the titans will let them win their last game if needed as a thanks for last season...

The NFL is like pro fake wrestling.
The Colts, Cowboys, Jets are favorites by refs because of Goodell, Polian, Jones.
The Steelers, Chargers, Pats routinely get jobbed.

also a storyline...

the colts are making the playoffs as a wildcard...

the rest of their schedule is very soft, and the titans will let them win their last game if needed as a thanks for last season...
Yep. As a small consolation, though, the #2 we get from SD is looking like a top half of the second round pick now, much better than expected when we made the trade. And there is a second wildcard.

Come on! Reggie Wayne didn't throw a pick on that TD. All he did was use his body to impede the defender course to the ball so he couldn't make a play. If you read the rule book, that isn't a pick..... as long as it is a Colt throwing the pick.

So it looks like NE at PIT

and

IND at DEN as the wildcards

Can Indy catch yet another break with such an easy matchup? It's unreal the luck they have. It's almost more crazy than NYG's luck last year.

Yup. Did you see that 4th down spot! Just as they start to measure, the ref ever so slyly slides the ball back, and they were short. Great break for the Colts:rolleyes:

Peyton Manning = star power = ratings. Keeps the possibility of an all-Manning SB alive. Reduces the possibility of the evil Patriots or the boring Ravens getting in over them. This was their biggest challenge remaining until the playoffs, and they passed it with flying [yellow] colors. Brownies, Bungles, Liedowns, Jags, and a "most likely mailing it in for the playoffs" Titans team in Week 17. I'll bet Goodell was in the Colts locker room to personally congratulate the team on clinching their wildcard spot tonight.

You can bank on the Titans, Jets, Colts, and Steelers getting into the playoffs. The last two spots will come down to the AFC West winner and the Pats and Ravens for the last spot.

The zebras strike again. Why does the NFL so blatantly hand games to QB's named Pay-me-a-ton or Lord Favrequard. I am really tired of seeing this.

I 100% agree...phantom pi calls all the time when the colts play.

I'd just like to thank all of you for making me realize I wasn't the only one seeing this s**t.

Seriously, I thought if I mentioned the refs I'd be labelled as a whiner.

The NFL is like pro fake wrestling.
The Colts, Cowboys, Jets are favorites by refs because of Goodell, Polian, Jones.
The Steelers routinely get jobbed.

Do you remember Super Bowl 40?

Yup. Did you see that 4th down spot! Just as they start to measure, the ref ever so slyly slides the ball back, and they were short. Great break for the Colts:rolleyes:

Sure.... But the ball shouldn't have been within a foot of where it was anyway. Not to mention the initial overly generous spot, and then the second spot when the ref moved the ball forward, and ten the attempt to give the Colts the first down when it clearly wasn't one.

Wow, it really takes some big brass ones to complain about this one.

Sure.... But the ball shouldn't have been within a foot of where it was anyway. Not to mention the initial overly generous spot, and then the second spot when the ref moved the ball forward, and ten the attempt to give the Colts the first down when it clearly wasn't one.

Wow, it really takes some big brass ones to complain about this one.
I know it's hard to see points sometimes, but my contention is that, by virtue of the refs NOT awarding the Colts a first, the OP's arguement is null and void. I think the SPOT was good, as Marv caught the ball in what appeared to be the "crook" of his right arm, on the "first down" side of his body. Those yellow lines are for ****, and the camera crew never really honed in on the first down marker relative to where the catch was made. But no, I agree, no first down should have been awarded. But funny how close it ended up, especially after the ref moved the ball just as they were lining up the measurement.

PI on Wayne was clear. Contact all the way up the field as the ball is in the air. Easy call.

The pick? Wayne's defender initiated contact. Defender #2 decides to engage as well, rather than either switching, or back-peddaling to get to Gonzalez. Clark was a bit iffy, but appeared the defender was holding his arm. Not as egregious as your man in the endzone of that AFCCG, that turned a sure TD into a FG. No matter. Colts won that one too.

Notice a number of illegal hands to Frenney's face? Yeah, didn't think so:rolleyes:

Last edited:

I know it's hard to see points sometimes, but my contention is that, by virtue of the refs NOT awarding the Colts a first, the OP's arguement is null and void. I think the SPOT was good, as Marv caught the ball in what appeared to be the "crook" of his right arm, on the "first down" side of his body. Those yellow lines are for ****, and the camera crew never really honed in on the first down marker relative to where the catch was made. So, no, no first down should have, IMO, been gained. But funny how close it ended up, especially after the ref moved the ball just as they were lining up the measurement.

PI on Wayne was clear. Contact all the way up the field as the ball is in the air. Easy call.

The pick? Wayne's defender initiated contact. Defender two decides to engage as well, rather than either switching, or back-peddaling to get to Wayne. Clark was a bit iffy, but appeared the defender was holding his arm. Not as egregious as your man in the endzone of that AFCCG, that turned a sure TD into a FG. No matter. Colts won that one too.

Notice a number of illegal hands to Frenney's face? Yeah, didn't think so:rolleyes:

Nice post. If anyone has watched every Colts game this year from start to finish we have not been the refs faves this year AT ALL. We have had a lot of BS calls go against us this season that nobody cares about. And if we are so heavily favored by the league why is when I turn on ESPN all I hear about is how amazing Cassel is and how the NY teams are bringing sexy back.

I guess when we win Pats fans think Polian has the refs in his pocket.:rolleyes: Whatever makes you guys sleep better at night.

I think I just smell sour grapes here. Pats fans feel playoff hopes fading away.

Have a nice night. Good luck against the Steelers next weekend. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes