PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts announcers from yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy's name is Bob Lamey, and he is without a doubt , the single worst announcer I have ever heard in my life. A combination of the biggest homer and whiniest voice ever makes for simply nauseating listening - something I avoid out here at all costs.

Is he the same one Sirius would play over and over about the R Wayne catch after the 4 and 2 last year? OH YES, YES, YES........that guy??

It doesn't sound like announcers....it sounds like a bunch of 'know it all' pocket protector types sitting in a basement watching the game.

Is he the same one Sirius would play over and over about the R Wayne catch after the 4 and 2 last year? OH YES, YES, YES........that guy??

REGGIE WAYNE!!!!!!

YES!!
YES!!
YES!!

Yeah, that guy:mad:

THAT most horrible, horrible voice I hear on Colts highlights, Yes, Yes, Yes man ! I always have to mute the tv when they show those clips. Can you not write to CBS or sue them for giving us fits listening to that ? I nearly smashed my tv one day because of his voice !.

question - why, after your second defeat of the colts in 7 years, are you all complaining about their hometown announcer of all things? I may have had some beers and am semi-trolling, but it;s a legit question to me at this time

question - why, after your second defeat of the colts in 7 years, are you all complaining about their hometown announcer of all things? I may have had some beers and am semi-trolling, but it;s a legit question to me at this time
Because Lamey has a voice tailor-made for silent movies. :D

More to the point, though, listening to his play-by-play coverage reinforces how much a single team has influenced the rule structure of the game. Note that until the rule changes were implemented—and the scheduling that saw the game played in Indianapolis no fewer than three years running—the Patriots always seemed to have the Colts' number. With the new rules in place, look how often the games seemed to hinge on a bogus PI call.

But now, it's gotten to the point that some egregious homers (not all Colts fans) see PI every time Manning has an incompletion.

Can you not write to CBS or sue them for giving us fits listening to that ? I nearly smashed my tv one day because of his voice !.
Screw CBS, go over their heads to The Hauge, being forced to listen to his voice is a violation of the Geneva Convention articles against torture.

BTW, is this the same guy who blew his lid off in the '04 divisional round when the Colts were flagged for illegal formation when trying a trick play? Their announcer sat there and berated the refs for like a minute when upon further review it was explained that the refs made the right call. I hope he gets called out for that for the rest of his pathetic announcing 'career'

Yes, this is one of my favorite parts of the Three Games to Glory DVD, when they play the audio from this ******* moron whining about how the Colts had practiced that formation all week.

question - why... are you all complaining about their hometown announcer of all things? I may have had some beers and am semi-trolling, but it's a legit question to me at this time

Because it is AMAZING how someone can have such a totally warped perception, even despite the awful voice. The plays he complained about were shown on TV and were clearly right in the opinion of Nantz and Sims (and anyone with eyes). This guy saw a different game that what existed, and his listeners must believe that they were royally screwed.

Local sportscasters can be homers- Tommy Heinsohn for the Celtics is one. But his play calls were so over the top and biased that it makes even Tommy look impartial by comparison. I would have thought that this was impossible to do!

Last edited:
I think Manning was actually trying to go for the PI call instead he got intercepted. If you watch the replay of the interception you will see garcon getting held but manning under threw him winding up being intercepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back