PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts' Andrew Luck 'day-to-day' with injury to throwing shoulder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevin Fisher
Its a simple formula. Good Offensive line and Defensive line. All other positions will fall in place. I watch the Patriots games occasionally and the only time Brady struggles is when his Offensive line breaks down. If his line struggles, check downs and screens slow the pass rush.
Like · Reply ·
like.png
3 · 8 hrs

Ryan Freeman
Check downs, screens, and 5 yard routes has been about all Brady throws anyway.
Like · Reply ·
like.png
4 · 8 hrs

The Colts are reaping what they sowed. Don't protect the QB, lose the QB. It's that simple. Brady doesn't do what he does all by himself; he's always had great protection, which gives confidence to stay in the pocket and not panic. That ain't all him.
Like · Reply ·
like.png
4 · 9 hrs

Anyways, Luck has to look at the big picture. Playing another season behind this line shrinks that picture dramatically. Put Brady or Rodgers behind this line, and they don't fair much better. There is a reason Luck as the worse QB rating in the league, behind even Brandon Weedon and Johnny Manziel. That in of itself should tell you how bad things are going. Luck wants to win and last at least another 10 years. I don't care how big or resilient he is, he won't last much longer. This is all thanks to GM Grigson.
Like · Reply ·
like.png
1 · 7 hrs

AND THEN THE VOICE OF REASON...

Dude would help himself by getting rid of the football once in awhile too. Pep could help by running some short crossing routes instead of everything being a 5 step drop for deep routes. Of course the line has been an issue....no denying it. But just watch the games .......Dude is holding the ball and holding it and I go get a drink come back and he's still holding it. Get the ball out faster and the line looks a lot better. Patriots line is terrible also....Brady barely gets touched....why because the ball is always out in 2-3 seconds.
Like · Reply · 3 hrs

All I see here is a bunch of disillusioned dolts fans acting like Luck could be good as Brady if he just had a better OL and threw check downs, screens and 5 yard passes, because apparently that's the only reason Brady is good.

Patriots line is terrible?

It ain't terrible, but over the years I've seen Mike Compton, Joe Andruzzi, Donald Thomas, Wendell, Josh Kline, David Andrews, Russ Hochstein!!!!, Tom Ashworth, Brandon Gorin, Nick Kaczur, Ryan O'Callahan, and a bunch of other whos, get in front of Brady, and the result has been similar.

In other words, it's clear Brady is responsible for the success of the interior of the line. As for the tackles, it's equally clear that the Patriots have expended 1st and 2nd rounders on those positions (Light, Vollmer, Solder).

Andrew Luck and the Colts are setting up the stage for excuses why they lost to the Patriots...

@AdamSchefter
Read into this what you want as it pertains to Andrew Luck's status, but Colts signed quarterback Josh Johnson.

Anyone aware of a video that shows the play he was injured on?

i despise luck and his phony persona.
he's nothing compared to tb12

good luck to the jags

Nah. This is like the night before you know you're going to play sick so you didn't have to go to school and face the bully that told you 3 weeks prior that TODAY (gameday) was the day he was going to whoop that ass. You started playing sick a couples night before (weeks in this case) so you did not have to face him and possibly really get that ass whooped. Yeah, that's what this is, ladies and fellas.

What, I'm the only one who has been there?:p

By the sound of things you were a lot like Jerry. I hope it worked out the same for you

All I see here is a bunch of disillusioned dolts fans acting like Luck could be good as Brady if he just had a better OL and threw check downs, screens and 5 yard passes, because apparently that's the only reason Brady is good.
A good QB makes an OL look much different. 2008 is proof, o line gave up near the top of the league in sacks with basically the same line as 07 that gave up barely any sacks.

Andrew Luck, the savior of the NFL, anointed as the Chosen One. If I were to tell you that after roughly three years:
  • He would lead the league in turnovers during that time.
  • He would get embarrassed in the playoffs three straight years.
  • He would have a postseason passer rating of 70.8 with 12 INTs in six games.
  • He would throw 50 INTs, among the most in the league, over the same time period where Russell Wilson threw 28.
  • He would have a mediocre career passer rating of 85.3 while Wilson's is 94.2.
In that case, would you still think this guy is even the best QB in the 2012 draft, let alone destined to be one of the all-time greats?

Of course, if that were the case, the Pats would be paying someone a lot less to simply fill in this automatic role. :rolleyes:

And Brady makes it look so easy that he has a lot of people saying: That looks easy. I can do that (right now). And, yes, there's something to be said for those who make things look easy. ;)

Yeah, let's marginalise Tom Brady because he does not play for our team. If they weren't, maybe Tom isn't that good. They are...in droves. Cheers!

Fair question. And it appears day-to-day is really game-to-game.

Today, the Colts were very lucky (no pun intended) to win, today. JAX could have won 3 times with a kick. And we all know that IND needed to win, today. Otherwise, they'd be 1-3 in a division where the leader is now 2-2. They squeaked it out- big-time!

Being that today was a game that the needed to win, how does Luck's injury sit in that context? :confused: Where is their season at 1-3 with the Pats coming to town shortly? Is the 2016 draft that good? (It is known that the Colts cheat in the draft; intentionally play for picks.) Nutshell: there must be more to this "injury" than what is being let out, as the Colts were willing to go 1-3 today- even though they squeaked it out -on account of it.

I don't think you can get video of an injury to the heart.

If this were simply a case tendonitis, the Colts most likely would be saying that loudly.

I'm beginning to think

chad-pennington-0619jpg-faacc35f0c3e5d40.jpg

A source close to the situation says at least three out-of-state experts have looked at the injury and given their input. Luck had an MRI a week ago. The injury is also known as a partial separation of the shoulder.

Doctors are concerned about Luck’s labrum, which is hard to read from the MRI with this type of injury. The biggest concerns about Luck at the moment are pain and arm strength.

http://indysportscentral.com/2015/1...of-throwing-shoulder-has-consulted-3-doctors/

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes