PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts and Ravens eliminated and we havent played yet?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffbiologist

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
How is everyone's confidence now that the 2 teams that have beaten us in the playoffs(AFC anyways)are eliminated?? No Peyton or Suggs to worry about....

i am confident (very confident) that we can beat the jets and steelers and make it to our 5th superbowl.

If we can beat the Jets tomorrow, my confidence will be sky high.

We have Polamalu and 2 time Super Bowl Championship QB Big Ben POTENTIALLY next week IF we win

We have Darrell Revis and Holmes and a reborn LT to contend with first

I hardly think the rest of the AFC games for us is a cakewalk

i am confident (very confident) that we can beat the jets and steelers and make it to our 5th superbowl.

I'm a little nervous. I rest on the fact that this has been an unexpectedly terrific and entertaining season, regardless of what happens next. But Losing to the Jets would cause me to launch the nukes.

I want to see Rex cry.

Last edited:

facepalm.jpg

UMMMM PSSSTTT....(PATRIOTSFANINPA whipering in tests ear) this would be their 7th Super Bowl

Last edited:
Given the Jets lack of big game QB and our history of owning Pitt, these are the match ups we wanted (or match up and potential match up). We didn't want Indy because of Manning, we didn't want Balt because of the scary defense and we didn't want KC because of the deep insider information they had on us. With that said the Jets and Pitt are capable of winning (and not just due to some anomaly). They wouldn't still be playing otherwise.
Bottom line is we know specifically what we need to do now. Beat a Jet team we have owned in Foxboro for some years now and, again, beat a Pitt team we have owned in the playoffs. We got what we wanted.......now on to that -- ahem -- small task of actually doing it.

That would be 7th superbowl and tie the Pats for 2nd in appearances. Only the Cowboys w/ 8 and the Steelers w/ 7 have been to more SuperBowls. Patriots 6times, tied w/ Broncos in 3rd as of now

Slow w/ the post, Counting Appearances

Last edited:
WOW, i am incredibly stupid. i meant to say 5th superbowl in these Past 10 years!! lmfao.
:D

I'm confident that the Patriots season isn't over yet, and that they'll be playing the Jets tomorrow.

I'm confident that the Patriots season isn't over yet, and that they'll be playing the Jets tomorrow.

Very profound..... on the level of the analyst who said the Patriots will win because they can score. :D

What about Super Bowl 31?

SB 20 and 31 hurt. No question.

The aftermath of SB 42 was somewhere between you dog getting hit by a car and finding out you need to spend $9000 on a new furnace.

Last edited:
The Packers from yesterday are scaring me a hell lot of more than the Colts or Ravens.
But let's beat the Jets and Steelers first.

Last edited:
Both games yesterday were huge for the Pats - they help Belichick rermind these guys that they must play all 60 minutes. The Falcons and Ravens were in control early and both fell apart to very good teams.

Given the Jets lack of big game QB and our history of owning Pitt, these are the match ups we wanted (or match up and potential match up). We didn't want Indy because of Manning, we didn't want Balt because of the scary defense and we didn't want KC because of the deep insider information they had on us. With that said the Jets and Pitt are capable of winning (and not just due to some anomaly). They wouldn't still be playing otherwise.
Bottom line is we know specifically what we need to do now. Beat a Jet team we have owned in Foxboro for some years now and, again, beat a Pitt team we have owned in the playoffs. We got what we wanted.......now on to that -- ahem -- small task of actually doing it.

Thanks. Saved me the trouble of saying something similar. :cool3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey