PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts adopt BB-like Injury Report tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.
14thDragon said:
I think 24 questionables are a bit much.

Had it been 12 questionables and 12 probables, it would be more in line with BB injury reportings.

If Dungy doesn't get a nasty note from the leauge if more then 16 of these guys play, then it will simply confirm that the leauge offices have a Colts bias.

You were close on 12 and 12... on Friday 11 of those Questionables changed to Probables (and one Doubtful, Corey Simon).

But... Dungy was on Total Access on NFL Network Friday Night. Rich Eisen asked him about whether his team was heathy (in general, the injury report never came up), and he said they would be fine, and were in as good shape as could be expected this time of year. He specifically said Vinatieri and Freeney (both still Questionable) would play. I'll have to go back and watch again to see if he left any wiggle room, I don't think he did.

So the interview basically showed the injury report was a lie. *That* should provoke a nasty note from the league... but it probably won't if only because there is an inherent conflict-of-interest in the NFL owning a network which pretends to be an impartial news source. They won't want to make coaches reluctant to appear on their network by using what Dungy said there against him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back