PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colt Bling

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreakGoDeep

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
So how do you guys feel about the colts selling championship rings for fans.

http://www.nflshop.com/search/index...ice/NFL/00008000/999999999999&kw=jewelry&pg=1

Personally i don't like it. If I never played a down, never filled a water bottle or washed a towel for the team I wouldn't wear a championship ring. It's something you earn not buy.

But i'm sure colt fans will says it's the team sharing their super bowl with the fans yadda yadda yadda.
I think it's pretty tacky....and they ain't cheap either.

There's something wrong with you if you pay $1169 for a replica. If it was an actual ring worn by a player sold for charity (or to make up for some bad financial decisions) I could see spending that much if you're a hardcore memorabilia collector. But for something manufactured just to be sold through a website... :bricks:

It's not really any different than buying an 'official' team jersey. I wouldn't buy either one of them, but there's nothing inherently wrong with it.

It's not like they are even replicas. They really don't look like the Super Bowl rings.

i don't see what the big deal is...it is not a replica of the real one and it gives the fans a chance to be part of something they love. I say no big deal

all i gotta say is our brains must be fried if we cant find anything better to discuss than indy's fake rings

The Patriots did the same thing after their SBs so I don't see what the big deal is.

It's not like they are even replicas. They really don't look like the Super Bowl rings.

no one polishes a turd like Colt fan.....

The Patriots did the same thing after their SBs so I don't see what the big deal is.

Yup. They were all over the Pats ProShop. If someone wants to buy it, go ahead. I have no qualms with Indy for this.

Now when Ohio State gave the band actual championship rings in 2002, well...

no big deal. we sold our replicas a few years back. just a way to make fans feel closer to the team.

It's not really any different than buying an 'official' team jersey. I wouldn't buy either one of them, but there's nothing inherently wrong with it.
:yeahthat: ......

Ditto the no big deal comment.

Not my style but if someone wants one, why not.

I guess if you don't have a problem rooting for a team you "stole" from another city, then you wouldn't have a problem wearing a ring for a team you didn't play for.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down