PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Color Me Impressed

Mrs.PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Recently a close friend of my son and daughter-in-law was killed in a car accident on her way home from church. Her and her husband were broadsided by a person running a stop sign and their SUV overturned and she died instantly. Her husband suffered serious head injuries but will be ok. She was 37 years old and leaves behind 5 children.

Within days, their church started a "go fund me" page to help with expenses and they have, in the span of 3 days, collected almost $15,000.00. Virtually 3/4th of the donations have been given anonymously. Many of them are for upwards of $100.00 with some of them $500.00 and $1,000.00. This is a small, non-denominational Christian church composed mainly of young couples just starting out.

They have also started a "meal tree," as of yesterday and the family of 6 is currently assured of a hot meal being delivered daily through the end of August.

I'm not a church goer currently, but I am familiar with Catholic churches and Jewish synagogues - I've not seen the same selfless charity from the congregants of either of them. Perhaps I've just been acquainted with the wrong ones, or perhaps this church of my son's is exceptional - I don't know. I only know what I'm seeing, and I'm seeing some true God-like behavior and I am both humbled and awed.

I don't always agree with my son's politics or my daughter-in-laws childrearing but I cannot fault them the practicing of their faith.

Recently a close friend of my son and daughter-in-law was killed in a car accident on her way home from church. Her and her husband were broadsided by a person running a stop sign and their SUV overturned and she died instantly. Her husband suffered serious head injuries but will be ok. She was 37 years old and leaves behind 5 children.

Within days, their church started a "go fund me" page to help with expenses and they have, in the span of 3 days, collected almost $15,000.00. Virtually 3/4th of the donations have been given anonymously. Many of them are for upwards of $100.00 with some of them $500.00 and $1,000.00. This is a small, non-denominational Christian church composed mainly of young couples just starting out.

They have also started a "meal tree," as of yesterday and the family of 6 is currently assured of a hot meal being delivered daily through the end of August.

I'm not a church goer currently, but I am familiar with Catholic churches and Jewish synagogues - I've not seen the same selfless charity from the congregants of either of them. Perhaps I've just been acquainted with the wrong ones, or perhaps this church of my son's is exceptional - I don't know. I only know what I'm seeing, and I'm seeing some true God-like behavior and I am both humbled and awed.

I don't always agree with my son's politics or my daughter-in-laws childrearing but I cannot fault them the practicing of their faith.

There isn't a church that comes even close to the charitable work of the Catholic Church.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back