PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Collinsworth: "Uh Oh!! Don't Let Tom Brady Have a SECOND TE Who Can Play!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
AHern was far shiftier and a better runner after the catch.

Wright is taller (6'4 vs Ahern's 6'1) has longer arms and a larger catch radius.

Tim Wright is a coverted *WR*/TE who still *lookes like one* is much Faster!

It is true that the Patriots saved cap space in both 2014 and in 2015 while having Mankins count against the 2014 cap at the tune of $4,255,600 and the 2015 cap of $4,000,000.

I think Gronk and Wright can kills this Bills D tomorrow over the middle and down the seam. Will all depend on the PA and the running game however

I think Gronk and Wright can kills this Bills D tomorrow over the middle and down the seam. Will all depend on the PA and the running game however

if spikes is on the field, throw the ball at him!!:D make him cover wright/gronk/vereen out of the backfield.
speaking of vereen, i would like to see be more involved in the pass game. when he game back from his wrist injury last year, he was a beast.

I think it swings the decision in favor of trading FOR Wright, rather than trading Mankins for Cap relief.

FWIW, the Pats approached Mankins, not once, but TWICE, to restructure and he refused both times.

So I think it was more a case of trying to create cap relief than of trading for anyone in particular.

Sucks that Hernandez was a scumbag whay a talent he was I loved the player that he was almost as much as Gronk. Hopefully Wright becomes a solid second TE I just don't see him being better than Hernandez though

Sucks that Hernandez was a scumbag whay a talent he was I loved the player that he was almost as much as Gronk. Hopefully Wright becomes a solid second TE I just don't see him being better than Hernandez though

You are right. Hernandez was also a better blocker than Hooman. Wright has two things on Hernandez though: height and hands. As much as I loved Hernandez's game, he was almost guaranteed at least one drop.

. Hopefully Wright becomes a solid second TE I just don't see him being better than Hernandez though

Wright had a better rookie season than AH had and diddnt exactly have TB throwing him the ball. So technically he was better his first year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back