PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Collinsworth: "Uh Oh!! Don't Let Tom Brady Have a SECOND TE Who Can Play!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Damn straight many of us will do a victory lap this morning. Unabashedly so.

Collinsworth saw last night what some of us were saying from the moment the "Mankins Trade" was made.

Wright still has more to learn in this playbook, but in the long-term he changes the dynamic for this offense more than the loss of an overpaid 32 year old LG on the downswing of his career.

The 2nd TE threat will only loom larger as the season goes on. THIS is what will open up opportunities for Edelman and Amendola. Plus, Wright's blocking wasn't too shabby either. A 2nd year player who is SAVVY and does the "little things" too.

Not to worry, certain know it alls will tell you Wright is only a TE in name only. So they really only have one real TE on the roster. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
It was great to see Wright finally get involved. If the o-line plays like last night for the rest of the year, and Wright is a solid TE2, then the trade is a total winner. And I am one of those who was in favor of the trade when it happened.

Here's to hoping for health on the offensive line for this whole year.

This was a Brady like game. Going down the seam to our physical TEs, reading the defenses and audibling to a run if needed, and most importantly had time to read the defenses.

Brady is the most patient QB in the league and unlike Manning he'll stay in the pocket and try and give it to you so you can make a play. Other than the one screw up on the line between Gronk and Vollmer he had time to make a play

Wright has good hands. He doesn't drop much. So far he has 9 receptions on 10 targets for 120 yards and a TD. Not that bad given how little he's been on the field. He needs an increased role.

The difference was the OL. Wright was a beneficiary, not a cause. Brady had a pocket he could step up in. He could throw without worrying about what was going on at his feet.

The difference was the OL. Wright was a beneficiary, not a cause. Brady had a pocket he could step up in. He could throw without worrying about what was going on at his feet.

Yes, of course don't give any credit to Wright who you call "a TE in name only" because you will always consider him to suck because the Mankins trade in your mind was a monumental failure. Stop with your stupid agendas.

Yes, giving Brady time in the pocket is a huge reason why Brady and Wright had a good night, but Wright gives Brady another legitimate receiving threat.

NOTE: I know Deus can't read my posts, but I post these responses for the people like me who are tired of his act.

All receivers are beneficiaries of good OL play. Hard to catch the ball if you can't get downfield before your QB is under pressure. Good OL play doesn't negate solid play on Wright's part.

There needs to be synergy between the different parts of the offense. Look at Shady McCoy in Philadelphia this year. Last year's league leader in rushing has averaged 2.9 YPC and has 1 TD (just 29 fewer yards from scrimmage than Shane Vereen, despite getting 94 rushes vs. 37 to Vereen). Take away DeSean Jackson as a deep threat and add in a banged up OL, and we're getting "what's wrong with McCoy?" stories.

I don't really care much who is considered the "beneficiary" and who is the "cause" as long as the results get produced. It's a team sport, after all.

He's been in the system just over a month, the slow start was clearly a period in which he was learning the playbook, understanding the calls and getting onto the same page as Brady in practice. Last night was an indication that all of that has gone well.

If it is, the amount of different formations this team can show is unbelievable. You know next week if they see Spikes on the field that Wright & Gronk are going to be seeing the ball a lot along with the no huddle.

Not to worry, certain no it alls will tell you Wright is only a TE in name only. So they really only have one real TE on the roster. :rolleyes:
But that's Aaron Hernandez, too. It makes sense for one tight end to be a 7-foot man-beast with garbage can lids for hands. The other should be much more of a hybrid in size and speed.

Wave of der furture.

Some radio post game guy said Wright was still learning the Pats system and "was only 80% of {The Prisoner}" I only wish!

Wright's a different type of move TE player, as you-know-who was more physical and had outstanding YAC capability, but Wright has better hands and fills a problem matchup need. Like his play.

I would just like to raise a collective middle finger, alongside my fellow true Pats fans who also denied this 'Brady is done' BS with unwavering voices, toward those smack talkers and media members who were ready to dump Tom into shallow ditch.

I am sure most of you who did this will learn nothing from the experience. I'm sure even fewer will have the guts to admit your mistake(s).

So, in this moment of shame, please stand by while we take satisfaction in flipping you lot the bird. Thank you. That is all.

p.s. Brady! Brady! Brady! Brady! Brady! Brady! Brady!

Agreed. Incredible how well they did against a very good DL without Mankins. Never thought it possible.

Yes, of course don't give any credit to Wright who you call "a TE in name only" because you will always consider him to suck because the Mankins trade in your mind was a monumental failure. Stop with your stupid agendas.

Yes, giving Brady time in the pocket is a huge reason why Brady and Wright had a good night, but Wright gives Brady another legitimate receiving threat.

NOTE: I know Deus can't read my posts, but I post these responses for the people like me who are tired of his act.

I can't believe I'm doing this, but I'm going to defend Deus here (cue his "I don't need YOUR defense" post....)

He was actually giving props to an OL that is missing it's All-World 32 year old, overpaid LG. If anything, that is an admission that it is POSSIBLE to survive without Mankins.

Last edited:
He's been in the system just over a month, the slow start was clearly a period in which he was learning the playbook, understanding the calls and getting onto the same page as Brady in practice. Last night was an indication that all of that has gone well.

If it is, the amount of different formations this team can show is unbelievable. You know next week if they see Spikes on the field that Wright & Gronk are going to be seeing the ball a lot along with the no huddle.

GREAT POST and look-ahead insight for next week!

Some radio post game guy said Wright was still learning the Pats system and "was only 80% of {The Prisoner}" I only wish!

Wright's a different type of move TE player, as you-know-who was more physical and had outstanding YAC capability, but Wright has better hands and fills a problem matchup need. Like his play.

I believe Wright is also taller and has a larger catch radius. You're correct though that Hernandez was a definitely shiftier runner.

Agreed. Incredible how well they did against a very good DL without Mankins. Never thought it possible.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to troll, but do it with someone else.

Big win for the Patriots last night.

Just a little stat tidbit

Wright in only 19 snaps- 5 rec on 5 targets 85 yard 1 TD. Nice block that helped spring Ridley for that 40 yard run.

Guy made the most of his snaps.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to troll, but do it with someone else.

Big win for the Patriots last night.

You are batting .500 there.

1) Yes, BIG win for the Pats last night.

2) You may want to look up the definition of trolling, because it ISN'T defined by holding someone's oft-stated opinion accountable when the opposite occurs.

So, despite your order, I will continue to do so, thank you very much. We all own our posted opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back