PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Collinsworth & Theismann on Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychoPat

Role Player
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
"Let me put it this way: Keyshawn Johnson was traded for two No. 1s," [Joe] Theismann said, referring to the 2000 deal that sent Johnson from the New York Jets to Tampa Bay. "I felt like Randy was a steal for Oakland, what the Vikings got for him."

"You know who may end up being the winner is the New England Patriots," [Cris] Collinsworth said. "Which somehow they always seem to do. ... Now you're going to add Randy Moss and these other receivers to the one glaring weak spot on that football team; they're absolutely loaded. It's just hard to imagine a scenario where they're not in real contention at the end of the year."

Like Collinsworth, Theismann said he believes the Patriots should be a much better fit for Moss, who was acquired for the bargain-basement price of a fourth-round draft choice after posting a career-low 42 receptions last season for an Oakland team that went 6-26 during his two years there.

"When Randy gets disillusioned with a situation, his impact becomes less," Theismann said. "He became disillusioned with what was going on in Oakland, just like he did in Minnesota, and the Vikings made a deal to move him. I thought it was something that was good for both of them, both the organization and Randy."

edited excerpt:
Don Seeholzer, Pioneer Press

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_6220991

I agree 100%.

If I was on a team that went 6-26 over two years I would be going absolutely crazy.

Last edited:
Theismann is an idiot. Just because this time it favors the Patriots doesn't make it any more relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes