PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

College games and players to watch, week 1.

midwestpatsfan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I wanted to get the draftniks in the room to give a guy who plans on watching a lot of college football this year (new baby, great excuse to sit on the couch and watch football) what might be the positions, players, and or games in general to watch this weekend.

As far as I can tell I can see need at(in no particular order):
Oline
DE
CB
S
WR
QB-backup/future

Any games or individual players that others are excited to watch this first weekend of college football?

Any games or individual players that others are excited to watch this first weekend of college football?

Patriots scouts are going to be at the North Carolina v Elon game. Aaron Mellette (WR, Elon) is a top-notch prospect...

Jon Cooper and Brennan Williams are good OL prospects on NC.

There are some defensive prospects on UNC as well, but I still haven't formed an opinion on Kevin Reddick et al...

The NEPD team will be in the pressbox scouting K-State v Missouri State, Auburn v Clemson and Tennessee vs NC State.

We'll have notes up on another 20+ games starting this Friday.

Last edited:
I wanted to get the draftniks in the room to give a guy who plans on watching a lot of college football this year (new baby, great excuse to sit on the couch and watch football) what might be the positions, players, and or games in general to watch this weekend.

As far as I can tell I can see need at(in no particular order):
Oline
DE
CB
S
WR
QB-backup/future

Because they tend to play an NFL style game, Alabama are a good bet for you to watch. They also have one of the games of the weekend going up against Michigan. And. as you specified OL as top priority, they have three potential first rounders in Barrett Jones, Chance Warmack and DJ Fluker (also keep an eye on their DT Jesse Williams who is fast becoming a favourite round these parts.

If you can't watch that one, I'd recommend Tennessee v N Carolina State. Tenn. have a potentially exciting QB/WR duo in Tyler Bray and Justin Hunter (the next AJ Green?) and another good OL in Dallas Thomas. N Carolina State have a star CB in David Amerson and someone who I secretly believe has a chance to be the next Pats QB, Mike Glennon.*

One of my best buddies is a huge UGA fan. Goes to most of their games. I get a lot of my info on their players from him. He's excited about the start of the season! I wish I had time for football right now; I'm super busy with performances. Ah well.

We did the Kentucky- Louisville game and a Pats scout was there.

Last edited:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back