Welcome to PatsFans.com

College games and players to watch, week 1.

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by midwestpatsfan, Aug 29, 2012.

1. midwestpatsfan

midwestpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

I wanted to get the draftniks in the room to give a guy who plans on watching a lot of college football this year (new baby, great excuse to sit on the couch and watch football) what might be the positions, players, and or games in general to watch this weekend.

As far as I can tell I can see need at(in no particular order):
    Oline
    DE
    CB
    S
    WR
    QB-backup/future

Any games or individual players that others are excited to watch this first weekend of college football?
  2. NePatriots

NePatriots PatsFans.com Draftnik PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Patriots scouts are going to be at the North Carolina v Elon game. Aaron Mellette (WR, Elon) is a top-notch prospect...

Jon Cooper and Brennan Williams are good OL prospects on NC.

There are some defensive prospects on UNC as well, but I still haven't formed an opinion on Kevin Reddick et al...

The NEPD team will be in the pressbox scouting K-State v Missouri State, Auburn v Clemson and Tennessee vs NC State.

We'll have notes up on another 20+ games starting this Friday.
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  3. manxman2601

manxman2601 On the Roster

Ratings:
    +380 / 7 / -1

#24 Jersey

Because they tend to play an NFL style game, Alabama are a good bet for you to watch. They also have one of the games of the weekend going up against Michigan. And. as you specified OL as top priority, they have three potential first rounders in Barrett Jones, Chance Warmack and DJ Fluker (also keep an eye on their DT Jesse Williams who is fast becoming a favourite round these parts.

If you can't watch that one, I'd recommend Tennessee v N Carolina State. Tenn. have a potentially exciting QB/WR duo in Tyler Bray and Justin Hunter (the next AJ Green?) and another good OL in Dallas Thomas. N Carolina State have a star CB in David Amerson and someone who I secretly believe has a chance to be the next Pats QB, Mike Glennon.*
  4. reamer

reamer Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

One of my best buddies is a huge UGA fan. Goes to most of their games. I get a lot of my info on their players from him. He's excited about the start of the season! I wish I had time for football right now; I'm super busy with performances. Ah well.
  5. manxman2601

manxman2601 On the Roster

Ratings:
    +380 / 7 / -1

#24 Jersey

6. Ochmed Jones

Ochmed Jones Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 2 / -0

#12 Jersey

We did the Kentucky- Louisville game and a Pats scout was there.
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2012