PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

College Football Star Michael Sam Says He Is Gay; May Become First Publicly G...

Not according to the Genome project.....there is no evidence of a homosexual gene.

"Is homosexuality a genetic trait?

Christy Haakonsen, B.S.: According to current scientific knowledge, there isn't a "gene" for homosexuality."

David Bodine, M.D., Ph.D.: I investigate the genetics of pluripotent hematopoietic stem cells (PHSCs) to improve the effectiveness of bone marrow transplantation and to find better ways to use these unique cells for gene replacement therapy. There was a paper that suggested that about 15 years ago, but that paper has been shown to be completely wrong. There are people who want to believe that there is a genetic component, but that has not been proven."

National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI) - Homepage

They haven't found the gene that produces Down' Syndrome.

Doesn't mean that Down Syndrome doesn't exist.

I'm saying that you can't take any single scripture verse and take it at face value as a "one off" . It needs to be seen in the light of all Catholic teaching (along with doing a proper exegesis). So that one verse along with other scripture verses, along with the oral tradition of the church and what it has consistently taught (as a whole as taught by the Magisterium) that homosexual acts are always immoral.

This is why religious wars are started, when you start confusing catholic teachings with reality, instead of treating it like a point of view of a particular culture. The Magisterium and catholic teachings by extension are human inventions, not God's.

This is why religious wars are started, when you start confusing catholic teachings with reality, instead of treating it like a point of view of a particular culture. The Magisterium and catholic teachings by extension are human inventions, not God's.

Can you please detail for me which specific infallible teachings of the Catholic church have started a war and why?

Do you display the same indignation towards those political systems that have started far more wars and/or killed far more people?

Religion has killed way more people than politics. You listed mass killings under communism, but you forget that religious battles have been fought for thousands and thousands of years.

Just because those people believe in God doesn't mean they believe in bigotry.

I didn't "forget" anything. Both religion and Political systems have been used for thousands of years to gain and/or maintain power.

But you are quite wrong in saying that "religion" is responsible for more deaths than political systems. Far more people have died as a result of political systems than religion. I gave you the numbers just for Communism to show you the overwhelming numbers. If you still feel there are more people who have died because of religion, then provide the evidence.

I would suggest that you don't waste your time looking for the information though because the numbers are far greater for the political deaths.

Some of them say that.

But I bet you're going to exercise your bigotry and tell them that couldn't possibly be so because there's no "gay gene."

I feel no bigotry towards people with same sex attractions. As I've stated on numerous occasions, having these attractions is not immoral nor does it make someone "evil". I've also stated on numerous occasions that people with same sex attractions can attain salvation and I personally believed that there were saints in heaven currently who had same sex attractions when they were alive.

I'm sure your Progressive Masters have taught you to throw out the "bigotry" card every time someone stands for the truth about same sex attractions. I'm sure at this point you just throw it out there without really thinking. Your Masters have trained you well.

So gay men have said that they were born gay? Ok, great. Do you consider that scientific proof? I'm pretty sure that anyone involved in science in any way would not consider that scientific proof.

They haven't found the gene that produces Down' Syndrome.

Doesn't mean that Down Syndrome doesn't exist.

"Down syndrome is caused by having three copies of the genes on chromosome 21, rather than the usual two.[1][44] The parents of the affected individual are typically genetically normal.[14] Those who have one child with Down syndrome have about a 1% risk of having a second child with the syndrome, if both parents are found to have normal karyotypes.[42]

The extra chromosome content can arise through several different ways. The most common cause (approximately 92–95% of cases) is a complete extra copy of chromosome 21, resulting in trisomy 21.[43][45] In 1 to 2.5% of cases, some of the cells in the body are normal and others have trisomy 21, known as mosaic Down syndrome.[42][46] The other common mechanisms that can give rise to Down syndrome include: a Robertsonian translocation, isochromosome, or ring chromosome. These contain additional material from chromosome 21 and occur in approximately 2.5% of cases.[11][42] An isochromosome results when the two long arms of a chromosome separate together rather than the long and short arm separating together during egg or sperm development.[43"

Down syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Down syndrome is caused by having three copies of the genes on chromosome 21, rather than the usual two.[1][44] The parents of the affected individual are typically genetically normal.[14] Those who have one child with Down syndrome have about a 1% risk of having a second child with the syndrome, if both parents are found to have normal karyotypes.[42]

The extra chromosome content can arise through several different ways. The most common cause (approximately 92–95% of cases) is a complete extra copy of chromosome 21, resulting in trisomy 21.[43][45] In 1 to 2.5% of cases, some of the cells in the body are normal and others have trisomy 21, known as mosaic Down syndrome.[42][46] The other common mechanisms that can give rise to Down syndrome include: a Robertsonian translocation, isochromosome, or ring chromosome. These contain additional material from chromosome 21 and occur in approximately 2.5% of cases.[11][42] An isochromosome results when the two long arms of a chromosome separate together rather than the long and short arm separating together during egg or sperm development.[43"

Down syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They only know that it causes a third copy, not what causes this third copy.

Can you please detail for me which specific infallible teachings of the Catholic church have started a war and why?

Do you display the same indignation towards those political systems that have started far more wars and/or killed far more people?

Very easy.. simply the declaration that Jesus is the savior and there can be no other.

Islamism would disagree with that. For them, there is only Muhammad and no other.

I didn't "forget" anything. Both religion and Political systems have been used for thousands of years to gain and/or maintain power.

But you are quite wrong in saying that "religion" is responsible for more deaths than political systems. Far more people have died as a result of political systems than religion. I gave you the numbers just for Communism to show you the overwhelming numbers. If you still feel there are more people who have died because of religion, then provide the evidence.

I would suggest that you don't waste your time looking for the information though because the numbers are far greater for the political deaths.

You forget that politics only surpassed religion as far as the governance of people in the last two centuries.

Religion has been around for what, 5,000 plus years?

I feel no bigotry towards people with same sex attractions. As I've stated on numerous occasions, having these attractions is not immoral nor does it make someone "evil". I've also stated on numerous occasions that people with same sex attractions can attain salvation and I personally believed that there were saints in heaven currently who had same sex attractions when they were alive.

I'm sure your Progressive Masters have taught you to throw out the "bigotry" card every time someone stands for the truth about same sex attractions. I'm sure at this point you just throw it out there without really thinking. Your Masters have trained you well.

So gay men have said that they were born gay? Ok, great. Do you consider that scientific proof? I'm pretty sure that anyone involved in science in any way would not consider that scientific proof.

I have no idea if gay men are born gay.

And neither is that my concern, only that I would treat them no differently than any other person, and that I would not judge them, as that is something only a bigot would do.

I have no idea if gay men are born gay.

And neither is that my concern, only that I would treat them no differently than any other person, and that I would not judge them, as that is something only a bigot would do.

I don't treat gay men any differently either so I guess we're good.

What I judge are actions like everyone else does and should judge as right or wrong and in the case of homosexual acts, they are always immoral regardless of who commits them and whatever their sexual attraction might be.

Very easy.. simply the declaration that Jesus is the savior and there can be no other.

Islamism would disagree with that. For them, there is only Muhammad and no other.

Before you go and embarrass yourself even further, Muslims consider Jesus a great prophet. So no, there is not "only Muhammad and no other". Actually there were many prophets in Islam.

Prophets in Islam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They only know that it causes a third copy, not what causes this third copy.

You said that they didn't find the gene. They did, in fact, find the gene.

You forget that politics only surpassed religion as far as the governance of people in the last two centuries.

Religion has been around for what, 5,000 plus years?

Seriously, are you trying to be obtuse?

Before you go and embarrass yourself even further, Muslims consider Jesus a great prophet. So no, there is not "only Muhammad and no other". Actually there were many prophets in Islam.

Prophets in Islam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Muslims considered Jesus a prophet, but NOT the son of God. To them, he died and was reborn a Muslim. You think Christians are okay with that belief?

Jesus is the only savior as far as Christianity is concerned. This therefore rules out Muhammad, something the Muslims would object to.

Before you tell me I'm embarrassing myself, try and remember that you continually refer to wiki which is an open-source public access database with no overseers other than fellow peers.

Here is a better perspective on what Muslims really think about Jesus:

Spiritual Life

You said that they didn't find the gene. They did, in fact, find the gene.

We'll agree to disagree here then. They find that there is a third copy causing DS, but they still don't know where the 3rd copy comes from or what forms it.

Seriously, are you trying to be obtuse?

To use as an example, the thirty year war, alone, caused 11 million deaths, and that's just one war out of the thousands of wars fought in the name of religion since the dawn of time, and naturally a great portion of those don't include body counts.

So yes, I'm inclined to believe differently than you do.

Muslims considered Jesus a prophet, but NOT the son of God. To them, he died and was reborn a Muslim. You think Christians are okay with that belief?

Jesus is the only savior as far as Christianity is concerned. This therefore rules out Muhammad, something the Muslims would object to.

Before you tell me I'm embarrassing myself, try and remember that you continually refer to wiki which is an open-source public access database with no overseers other than fellow peers.

Here is a better perspective on what Muslims really think about Jesus:

Spiritual Life

I used Wiki for your sake...not mine. I am well versed in Islam as well as Christianity. By your response about Muhammad, it was obvious you didn't know what you were talking about so I used the least scholarly source I could find to meet your ability to comprehend the subject matter.

So now again I will ask you, show me a direct cause and effect relationship between this particular doctrine and war.

To use as an example, the thirty year war, alone, caused 11 million deaths, and that's just one war out of the thousands of wars fought in the name of religion since the dawn of time, and naturally a great portion of those don't include body counts.

So yes, I'm inclined to believe differently than you do.

The Thirty Years War caused far fewer than 11 million deaths. That is on the absurd high range of estimates. I have seen more reliable estimates around 3 million. BTW, if you think that politics had nothing to do with the Thirty Years war, then you are being very naive.

Regardless, either estimate pales in comparison to the First or Second World War (20 million and 66 million), Stalin (20 Million), Genghis Khan (40 million), the slave trade (35 million), and the Roman Empire (15 million).

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back