PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

College Football Star Michael Sam Says He Is Gay; May Become First Publicly G...

But what about a Tebow is that right to call him a religious nut? Also what about those who call out any and ever christian as misguided simply because they believe in God?

I know you might find this difficult to fathom, but some people actually have personal opinions and think for themselves.

They don't come across half-baked, saying that homosexuality is wrong, then lay it off on "God told me so." What's YOUR opinion? Oh, I forgot, you don't really have one. The truth is in the book. Then people are left talking to someone that has nothing to say...only you really ARE saying something, but you won't own it.

The hypocrisy of you saying what I quoted is that you know damn well that you believe that non-Christians are misguided too. Only you won't say so...you won't say ANYTHING on your own. It's all what God "thinks" when it comes down to anything relevant. You can call homosexuals misguided though...oh, I forgot that it wasn't you but God who did that...you believe too, but won't own it.

You say this and that, and when pressed, you totally cop-out of any original thought of your own. That, my friend, is what people call bull****. If you want to play at dishing it out, you should be able to take it right back.

The hilarious part is that you take offense, but don't realize how YOU are being offensive too.

You wanna be a good person and obey the Bible at the same time, but there is a conflict with doing both here.

If it's rude for a person to say what he really thinks sometimes, I think you've earned that in this thread.

I can't cast a stone Andy, I'm in the same boat as they are.
Edit: Don't forget what Jesus said to the woman about to be stoned, after the pharisees dropped their stones. Jesus said, "Go and sin no more."

You did cast a stone.

Christian Cat refused to answer my question but perhaps you can.

Considering that there are far more passages and verses admonishing you not to judge another person lest you be judged than there are passages and verses which are vaguely interpreted as "condemnations" of gay people, do you then not think that the bible places more emphasis on the prior than the latter?

For me it is just stating what the bible says. I have no issue with Michael Sam.

You are not stating what the bible says. You are stating what you think the bible says.

It's always weird how the Bible is used as justification for morality. It calls homosexuality a sin, but has no problem with selling your daughter into slavery.

According to that book, I've committed my share of sins. I love bacon and lobster. I wear clothes with two different materials woven together (FORBIDDEN). I was fortunate not to be put to death for cursing my parents when I was a teenager.

Speaking of death, the Bible tells us anyone who works on the Sabbath must also die. Depending on what you believe, that could be Saturday or Sunday, so either you think all college coaches and players should die, or all NFL coaches and players should die. Actually, if they made it to the NFL, they've violated both days so no need to even distinguish between faiths. Something they can all agree upon!

People are free to believe what they want, but I don't really see the purpose of quoting that bizarre book. If that's your moral compass, well, God help you.

Well said. But don't expect any response. Your post makes too much sense.

And you should know by now what I think of it. I don't believe there should be gay marriage or that a Christian Bakery should be forced to bake a wedding cake for two lesbians getting married.

Then you will understand why I wouldn't do business with a bakery that isn't Christian in the true sense of the word.

You are thereby rejecting Jesus's teaching in that you limit your kindness to certain types of people whereas he didn't.

I don't think Boogs means any harm. But if you want to call someone out for judging make sure you call out Salempats. He calls Christians misguided for believing in God, but says that is not as bad as some Christians calling a gay a sinner. You have to judge to call someone misguided, a religious nut etc. In addition Salempats has attacked other Christians like Tebow not because he hurt anyone, but because he speaks about the bible, Jesus etc. Thus, he has called Tebow a religious nut. Which is not nice if you ask me.

I never called Christians for being misguided. All I am saying are those that believe that the Bible is accurate may need to take a lesson or two in science. It's fine to believe, but when you cross the line into absurdity then you are showing you are weak and not willing to be open-minded. This thread proves it with not accepting Sam as a football player rather judging him by his sexual preference. Really who cares. I would rather have Sam, then a player like Mr ego-maniac Tim Tebow who decides I'm going to bring unwanted attention on myself by 'Tebowing' rather than just giving the ball to the referee.

It's always weird how the Bible is used as justification for morality. It calls homosexuality a sin, but has no problem with selling your daughter into slavery.

According to that book, I've committed my share of sins. I love bacon and lobster. I wear clothes with two different materials woven together (FORBIDDEN). I was fortunate not to be put to death for cursing my parents when I was a teenager.

Speaking of death, the Bible tells us anyone who works on the Sabbath must also die. Depending on what you believe, that could be Saturday or Sunday, so either you think all college coaches and players should die, or all NFL coaches and players should die. Actually, if they made it to the NFL, they've violated both days so no need to even distinguish between faiths. Something they can all agree upon!

People are free to believe what they want, but I don't really see the purpose of quoting that bizarre book. If that's your moral compass, well, God help you.

I agree with everything you say. But when you said that you wear clothes with two different materials woven together i have to call you out for that. Say ten hail mary's and you are ok

I never called Christians for being misguided. All I am saying are those that believe that the Bible is accurate may need to take a lesson or two in science. It's fine to believe, but when you cross the line into absurdity then you are showing you are weak and not willing to be open-minded. This thread proves it with not accepting Sam as a football player rather judging him by his sexual preference. Really who cares. I would rather have Sam, then a player like Mr ego-maniac Tim Tebow who decides I'm going to bring unwanted attention on myself by 'Tebowing' rather than just giving the ball to the referee.
Another false statement about what CC and I said. We would be fine competing alongside a gay person as long as they're a good teammate. Keep making up things we did not say.

Right, you guys just believe he's going to burn in hell for eternity. If I were him, I wouldn't be comfortable competing alongside you.

Another false statement about what CC and I said. We would be fine competing alongside a gay person as long as they're a good teammate. Keep making up things we did not say.

Does being a good teammate mean not acting gay?
Would he be a bad teammate if he talked to his boyfriend on the phone in the lockerroom in the manner a straight guy would talk to his girlfirend?
What if he discusses his gay lifestyle in the lockerroom? Kissing his boyfriend during a party at your house?
Do you mean good teammate to mean don't act like he is gay?

I agree with everything you say. But when you said that you wear clothes with two different materials woven together i have to call you out for that. Say ten hail mary's and you are ok

Perhaps it's just me not understanding your humor, but nearly everything we wear has more than one type of fabric. This is in direct violation of Leviticus 19:19.

Right, you guys just believe he's going to burn in hell for eternity. If I were him, I wouldn't be comfortable competing alongside you.

I think they're worried that if Sam were to make a move on them, that he would be too irresistible
to stop his advances.

Religion has historically been a way to enslave the minds of followers who want to be told what to believe.
Where is religious belief the strongest? Where poverty reigns, because religion offers hope beyond the misery of their life. Religion leads to suicide bombers willing giving their life to murder others because some madman convinced them they will be pleasured by 40 virgins.
Ironically, each religion bemoans the inconsistencies in all of the others and is certain theirs is flawlessly correct. Therefore words in a book passed by story become fact, and we treat people like crap because there is supposed to be a God telling us to.

Thinking for yourself really is lacking in this society.

Some of the greatest "thinkers" have been people who believe in God whether it be Sir Issac Newton, Thomas Aquinas, Nicolaus Copernicus, Gregor Mendel, Georges Lemaître, Albertus Magnus, Roger Bacon, Pierre Gassendi, Roger Joseph Boscovich, Marin Mersenne, Bernard Bolzano, Francesco Maria Grimaldi, Nicole Oresme, Jean Buridan, Robert Grosseteste, Christopher Clavius, Nicolas Steno, Athanasius Kircher, Giovanni Battista Riccioli, William of Ockham, Galileo Galilei,[1] René Descartes,[2] Nicolas Copernicus, Louis Pasteur,[3] Blaise Pascal, André-Marie Ampère, Gregor Mendel, Charles-Augustin de Coulomb, Pierre de Fermat, Antoine Laurent Lavoisier, Marin Mersenne, Alessandro Volta,[4] Augustin-Louis Cauchy, Pierre Duhem, Jean-Baptiste Dumas, Roger Boscovich,[5] Pierre Gassendi, and Georgius Agricola.

List of Roman Catholic cleric?scientists - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

List of Catholic scientists - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm not sure that the brilliant minds of the hundreds and hundreds of people on these lists would agree that their minds have been..."enslaved" :rolleyes:

In fact, I'm going to guess that these minds are significantly more intelligent than your mind.

What creates a suicide bomber is not "religion" but a desire for revenge and a desire for power and control.

Political systems have killed far more people than religion.

Mass killings under Communist regimes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Does that mean we should give up on government entirely?

I don't agree it is unnatural, it certainly isn't to those born homosexual.

Are you telling me the only sexual activity you have with your wife is intercourse?

You have scientific proof that people are born gay??? I'd love to see that please.

I don't know...did you make a choice to be a complete idiot?

Could be the poor nutritional diet. LOL, they ate the wrong things, and that could explain homosexuality.

They need professional help...go fck yourself, dude. It's you that needs professional help.

This must be that Progressive "tolerance" I keep hearing about :rolleyes:

You just said that people who are born gay have psychological development problems, and should struggle to live a celibate life denying who they are.
They are gay. They were born that way, it is part of their DNA and they are free to have whatever type of sex they wish and there is nothing wrong with that unless they are hurting someone.
Projecting your beliefs on them and implying they should adhere to them or there is something wrong with them is hatred.
Of course you hate Michael Sam you think he is an inferior person because he is gay.

Not according to the Genome project.....there is no evidence of a homosexual gene.

"Is homosexuality a genetic trait?

Christy Haakonsen, B.S.: According to current scientific knowledge, there isn't a "gene" for homosexuality."

David Bodine, M.D., Ph.D.: I investigate the genetics of pluripotent hematopoietic stem cells (PHSCs) to improve the effectiveness of bone marrow transplantation and to find better ways to use these unique cells for gene replacement therapy. There was a paper that suggested that about 15 years ago, but that paper has been shown to be completely wrong. There are people who want to believe that there is a genetic component, but that has not been proven."

http://www.genome.gov/

All I asked was for you to address it. It's the most cited biblical scripture against homosexuality. So, how did I take it out of context? Provide the context.

I'm saying that you can't take any single scripture verse and take it at face value as a "one off" . It needs to be seen in the light of all Catholic teaching (along with doing a proper exegesis). So that one verse along with other scripture verses, along with the oral tradition of the church and what it has consistently taught (as a whole as taught by the Magisterium) that homosexual acts are always immoral.

Some of the greatest "thinkers" have been people who believe in God whether it be Sir Issac Newton, Thomas Aquinas, Nicolaus Copernicus, Gregor Mendel, Georges Lemaître, Albertus Magnus, Roger Bacon, Pierre Gassendi, Roger Joseph Boscovich, Marin Mersenne, Bernard Bolzano, Francesco Maria Grimaldi, Nicole Oresme, Jean Buridan, Robert Grosseteste, Christopher Clavius, Nicolas Steno, Athanasius Kircher, Giovanni Battista Riccioli, William of Ockham, Galileo Galilei,[1] René Descartes,[2] Nicolas Copernicus, Louis Pasteur,[3] Blaise Pascal, André-Marie Ampère, Gregor Mendel, Charles-Augustin de Coulomb, Pierre de Fermat, Antoine Laurent Lavoisier, Marin Mersenne, Alessandro Volta,[4] Augustin-Louis Cauchy, Pierre Duhem, Jean-Baptiste Dumas, Roger Boscovich,[5] Pierre Gassendi, and Georgius Agricola.

List of Roman Catholic cleric?scientists - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

List of Catholic scientists - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm not sure that the brilliant minds of the hundreds and hundreds of people on these lists would agree that their minds have been..."enslaved" :rolleyes:

In fact, I'm going to guess that these minds are significantly more intelligent than your mind.

What creates a suicide bomber is not "religion" but a desire for revenge and a desire for power and control.

Political systems have killed far more people than religion.

Mass killings under Communist regimes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Does that mean we should give up on government entirely?

Religion has killed way more people than politics. You listed mass killings under communism, but you forget that religious battles have been fought for thousands and thousands of years.

Just because those people believe in God doesn't mean they believe in bigotry.

You have scientific proof that people are born gay??? I'd love to see that please.

Some of them say that.

But I bet you're going to exercise your bigotry and tell them that couldn't possibly be so because there's no "gay gene."

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back