PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

College Football Championship: Auburn Tigers vs Florida State Seminoles

Cosell and Madden are the two best the field's ever seen. There's not really anyone close.

I'll give you Madden. Cosell was an effete snob who truly did not understand the game and dedicated himself to being intentionally irritating. He was all shtick and very much limited to a day and age when that somehow was allowed. No freaking way he'd be tolerated today.

I remember he didn't understand things as basic as zone defense coverage assignments. His entire act was about being controversially opinionated. He was truly awful.

I'll give you Madden. Cosell was an effete snob who truly did not understand the game and dedicated himself to being intentionally irritating. He was all shtick and very much limited to a day and age when that somehow was allowed. No freaking way he'd be tolerated today.

I agree that he wouldn't be tolerated today, but that's because he was too rough around the edges for the modern media heirarchy. However, and you obviously disagree with my take here, I don't recall seeing any TV sportsguy who could draw in the audience (pro or con) the way Cosell could.

Love Cosell. Hate Cosell. Either way, you damned well wanted to know what Cosell said about that game/match/fight/etc...

Cosell and Madden are the two best the field's ever seen. There's not really anyone close.

I totally agree ... I was a huge Cosell fan ...

he brought voice inflection to an art form. I like Madden right behind Howard. he is brilliant.

i can see why FSU has one of the easiest schedules

War eagle!

who can ever forget...?

tumblr_m2z66e2zQh1qaqv3ro1_500.jpg

DOWN GOES FRAZIER!..DOWN GOES FRAZIER!

Love Cosell. Hate Cosell. Either way, you damned well wanted to know what Cosell said about that game/match/fight/etc...

But he didn't understand sports! He was a carnival act. If you enjoyed the vaudevillian drama he brought to boxing, fine. As for anything else, he was transparently clueless and pointedly obnoxious. I remember watching MNF with my dad back in the '70s and we routinely turned off the television audio for the radio call (back then they were in sync). Howard really infringed on enjoying football broadcasts with his inane jabbering.

It's pretty cool hearing Nick Saban talk at half time about the game. :)

Auburn looks pretty tough.

Malzahn has certainly had a crazy Arkansas career. National HS Champs at Springdale - Mitch Mustain, Houston Nutt, and the rest of the soap opera - quiet at Tulsa (O-coord) - because it's Tulsa - Auburn (O-coord) - AR State - back to Auburn. Many wanted him here at Arkansas - after what he endured here under Nutt - I do not blame the man for not even expressing interest. My only knock on him is blaming AR for taking dives faking penalties - then in the game had one the MOST flagrant injury flops ever. Even caught the guy looking to the sideline before he went down. Anyway, good for him - he has built a helluva team. This D was NOT around this season - this is their 1st game.

The more I watch this the more I'm inclined to believe that Winston has serious trouble reading a D.

Timmy Jernigan is dominating this second half.

Freshman woes.
Truthfully, I expect more from a Heisman winner. Auburn isn't doing anything outstanding to confuse him, they're just flat out beating Winston.

Still, the kid is bloody tough. He's doing enough to keep them in it.

I cannot believe this guy won the Heismann. I stopped watching that nonsense for exactly the reason I am seeing tonight. It is as fraudulent an award as the Nobel Peace Prize.

I cannot believe this guy won the Heismann. I stopped watching that nonsense for exactly the reason I am seeing tonight. It is as fraudulent an award as the Nobel Peace Prize.

hes the next big ben. hes even got the alleged rape cred.

One has to wonder if Jimbo Fisher understands he has the option of the screen available to him to help Winston out? Not every pass needs to be down field.

What did #8 do after the TD to give him the unsportsmanlike conduct?

Edit NVM: lol what a selfish player.

Cosell's best commentation came at the end of his career when he came out and said everything sucks and it'll only get worse.

But you can say that about practically anything and become an automatic sage.

Why doesn't Auburn give Mason the ball every play....

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back