PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

College DE's and the 3-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbpatfan

Banned
Reaction score
With the 3-4 becoming more and more prominent in the NFL, is there any chance we'll start seeing players being molded into "3-4" OLB's earlier on in their careers? Only reason I ask is Michigan State was able to sign Vernon Gholston's five star brother this year (he's coming in this class) and the kid's a beast at 6'7, 237#. The word around campus is he has asked to play OLB for MSU instead of defensive end, because of the NFL. I imagine most of the time he'll be rushing anyways, but if he starts learning coverage abilities now.. Any thoughts about this kind of stuff? Do you guys think we'll start seeing more complete OLB prospects in the upcoming years, knocking out the boom or bust factor on these prospects a bit?

Could be a minor consideration for at least some college coaches. But they're still going to put players where they have the best chance of stopping what their opponents' offenses are doing. I mean, the Spread didn't become popular in the college game because it better prepared players for an NFL career, did it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes