Welcome to PatsFans.com

Colin Powell says Obama handled Rev. Wright Issue well..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Apr 10, 2008.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -26

Now before everyone gets their panties in a bunch about a HUff Post article, this was originally posted on Hot Air.. and it linked to Huff Post.. so in a round about and very perverted way it makes its way here..if you want to go to the ABC article it is posted at the end.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/04/09/colin-powell-says-obama-h_n_95940.html

Rev. Wright is also somebody who has made enormous contributions in his community and has turned a lot of lives around," Powell said, "And so, I have to put that in context with these very offensive comments that he made, which I reject out of hand."

Powell added that he does not know Wright and praised Obama's response.

"I think that Sen. Obama handled the issue well . . . he didn't look the other way. He didn't wait for the, for the, you know, for the storm to go over. He went on television, and I thought, gave a very, very thoughtful, direct speech. And he didn't abandon the minister who brought him closer to his faith," Powell told Sawyer.

Powell, who has been mentioned as a possible vice presidential candidate in almost every election since he retired from military service and public life, expressed admiration for Obama.

"It was a good (speech)," Powell said. "I admired him for giving it. And I agreed with much of what he said."

http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/Vote2008/Story?id=4622268&page=1
  2. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +91 / 7 / -13

#37 Jersey

Colin Powell is a "typical black person"
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  3. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I have so little regard for Powell it can't even be measured.

In other words...who cares...Powell sees that the spotlight is fading from him and so he tries to recapture it.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +538 / 2 / -9

Wright hasn't been handled at all, Wright is still there, Wright is still a problem that the Liberal media trys to avoid but can't, Wright is "A FRIEND" that no President would want to bring home to dinner, the pictures of Prince Obama & His Pastor with their arms around each other will never go away, the liberal media will try to hide the picure and the Reverends Rousing Anti American Sermon but those days are gone, we now have Cable, You Tube, Internet, Bloggers and a news outlet called "Fox News" that tells us all the things the liberal media doesn't want us to hear or know.

Nice try Gen Powell but we all know The Pastor is still out there hanging right around the Prince's neck.

Summer is coming.

:bricks:
  5. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -26

Not sure where you get this from it is a caption from a larger interview that was held at ABC news.. personally of all the people who got us into the Iraq mess.. he was the only one with recent military experience and knew the realities of modern warfare, he was also silenced by Rumsfield and crew.
  6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +433 / 5 / -2

I have to disagree. He might have given a great speech on race, but he never addressed any of the questions that people had about his relationship with the church. He'll have to when he wins the nomination.
  7. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

And yet, you say nothing about Wright. Way to go, NEMster.
  8. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Where I get what from?

I personally cannot stand Colin Powell. As a general, he was far too political...and he still is. Now he's sticking his nose into the Obama/Wright thing. Why? Is he the only black American of any stature (stature here means "worked in a Republican administration) the media can find to defend Wright?

Like I said in my original post, I don't like Powell. It's kind of like NEM and GWB. :D
  9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +538 / 2 / -9

You'll never hear them Quoting Bill Cosby----:singing:
  10. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +91 / 7 / -13

#37 Jersey

I knew I would get someone, of course it had to be the dunce of the group.:bricks:

Obama: "Typical white person" excuses, excuses, excuses..................

Me: "Typical black person" That is, without a doubt, a very hateful, bigoted comment.

You have now been exposed for what you are a traitorous party first hypocritical hack, but most of us knew that all along.
  11. Real World

Ratings:
    +433 / 5 / -2

I was about to criticize you for your comment, until I realized what you were mimicking.
  12. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +132 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

"I can't believe you fell for that one!"- Dark Helmet
  13. Real World

Ratings:
    +433 / 5 / -2

I have the utmost respect for Powell. I wish the administration paid more attention to his views when he was involved. I actually was hoping that GW would dump Cheney, and pick up Powell as VP in 2004. Powell doesn't care about the spotlight. Remember, he left public office and hasn't made any noise since. I'd assume part of Powell's admiration for Obama is because of race, although no one could say for sure. I think that's understandable if it is. Never the less, I've always respected Powell.
  14. Real World

Ratings:
    +433 / 5 / -2

No you won't HB.
  15. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Good for you.

;):D
  16. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +160 / 7 / -13

Sad to see Gen Powell give a pass to Obama in a clear case of double standards. Obama sat in the pews for 20+ years Gen Powell, this is like giving Mussolini a pass cause the trains ran on time.
  17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +538 / 2 / -9

The real Obama is in hiding, all we know about this guy is "he can talk white" and he's very good at that.

He has a big "Change" coming, but nobody knows what it is, and they don't care (he's the politically correct diversity poster boy) that's all they care about.

Liberal Loons are very untrustworthy and disloyal people, ask Monster Hillary.

Queen Oprah once said, "I Worship The Clintons"..........:singing:
  18. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -26

Interesting you make a big deal about how much you dislike Powell when I post something, but a completely different tone right now..
  19. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Sorry, didn't mean to offend you. I was just saying I don't like him. There didn't seem to be any point in saying it again to RW.

;)
  20. Xzibit23

Xzibit23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Did someone actually just post that Colin Powell likes the spotlight?? Really??