Welcome to PatsFans.com

Colin Powell endorses Barack Obama for president

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Colin Powell endorses Barack Obama for president - CBS News

Truth.

2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,807 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

Consistent ... he endorsed him in 2008.

Anyways ... bets part of the article below IMO:

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +713 / 20 / -30

Up to the lies he perpetuated in Iraq, he was always my secret favorite to be president someday...

4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +735 / 17 / -19

#24 Jersey

Shocking that a RINO would endorse a Democrat. When a real Republican endorses obama, let us know.

Powell has been long gone for a very long time.

5. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

the term RINO is the reason the republican party will not be around much longer. The angry white man isn't breeding as fast as the GOP would like. They aren't as appealing to women I guess.

Show me the former Democratic Secretary of State who is endorsing Romney....

thats what I thought....

6. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +735 / 17 / -19

#24 Jersey

Just saying that when you vote for/endorse a Dem two presidential elections in a row you probably aren't a Republican. It's not really news.

7. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

At least the man owned up to it. He called it the worst moment of his life. The White House used him, he knows it, and so does anyone else not in denial. Before Obama chose Biden, you know he reached out to Powell.

I hate what happened at the UN with Powell, and WMDs, etc. But to also be very clear, the UN didn't buy it, nor did they agree to a coalition. Bush built his own, 'coalition of the willing' and invaded illegally.

8. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I think, especially for a guy who was used by the adnministration he served, you have to take his life experiences into consideration. Here is a Republican General, who served under HW Bush, and in the Cabinet of W...a true soldier....a rising star...

He got (for lack of better words) 'pi$$ed-on' by the Bush administration, and used to sell the world a fake war. How do you think he should feel after being used and dissed by the very people he represented.

I guess my questions are:

1) can you blame the guy?

2) After being used and put away wet by the last set of GOPers he served, if he DID support Romney and McCain, wouldn't you be calling him a different 4 letter word? (Hint: starts with B and rhymes with 'witch')

9. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +735 / 17 / -19

#24 Jersey

He made the speech, he spoke the words. He's a big boy. If he were being pissed on he could have said no and walked.

I don't blame him for anything, he can be a Democrat if he likes. I'm just saying he's not a Republican any more. Similar to when Lieberman walked from the Dems I guess except he's not endorsing anyone this time. It's just not news when a Democrat endorses a Democrat even if he still calls himself a Republican.

10. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Last time I checked...he is a republican.

I'll check again...

Yes...he is still a republican.

Who are the people who decide who is a RINO, and who is still cool?

11. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,807 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

I gave you likes because I agree with you. The question I have which is related to BF's is why is he still a republican. Why don't these people come out and claim indepedence...or is it because their party label got them where they are now?

12. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I'm sure its tough to go through your entire life in a political party, then watch as it drifts off in a direction you are no longer comfortable with. You still have your ideals in political philosophy and past leadership, so changing parties might look like you have changed your values. I think when a guy like Powell gets labeled a RINO, it goes to show you how far out there the party has actually gone. Its not up to Powell to change to fit the needs of the new GOP, its up to the GOP to see why they cater to guys like Todd Aiken, and Murdoch, and call Colin POwell a RINO.

Dumb move if you ask me.

A guy like Lieberman is a different dog though. He changed parties because he lost a primary. Dude was exposed as a power-hungry dikhead.

13. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +989 / 2 / -9

Powell
    Who gives a feces who he endorses.

How does Powell feel about the "Libya Lies, Coverup, Dead Americans and silly little Hillary Video Tape.

You were a good soldier Powell but we all know where you stand when it comes to Obama.

14. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,455 / 20 / -20

#75 Jersey

The only reason the Republican candidate for President has a chance is because HE himself is a RINO. :D :D :D

15. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Boy, are YOU missing the point. He got pi$$ed on because he made the speech not knowing the truth when everyone else in the cabinet did. He is to blame in this, though. He should have been able to determine whether or not this is bulls#!t but he just followed blindly like a good general does. He was negligent in his own personal duty and judgement when millions of ordinary people knew the whole Iraq rally was crap.

16. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +735 / 17 / -19

#24 Jersey

This is completely away from the point that his endorsement doesn't matter. But if you think that he "didn't know the truth" when everyone else did while he was secretary of state, you are very gullible. How can "everyone else" know but not him ? The story I have always been told is he was one of those who didn't believe Iraq had nukes but made the speech anyway. Regardless if that is true - and we'll probably never know for sure - your story of everyone knowing except him is laughable. Of course, I still don't believe that the U.S. knew the truth. Even Bill Clinton was on record saying Iraq had WMD.

http://www.davidstuff.com/political/wmdquotes.htm

17. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Since it was so long ago, I had to look it up.

Colin Powell Saying He Was Misled Before UN Speech on WMDs - YouTube

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell, appearing on the June 10, 2007, edition of "Meet The Press," reiterated and expanded on his claim that he was misled by unknown forces in the intelligence community who failed to reveal vital information to him before his infamous February 5, 2003, speech before the United Nations proclaiming proof of Iraq's weapons of mass destruction (WMD) programs.

You can see the entire June 10, 2007, edition of "Meet The Press" at: - Meet the Press | NBC News

18. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +369 / 10 / -14

Well in a couple of week the pubs will control both houses of congress and the executive branch. BTW 4 USSC justices are 74 or older (Ginsberg, Scalia, Kennedy & Breyer). So if the pubs are going away what is happening to the demrats?

19. Boston Boxer

Boston Boxer U.S. Air Force Retired PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +105 / 7 / -1

#75 Jersey

ah, I see you have been watching FOX "news" again.

20. IllegalContact

IllegalContact Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +909 / 14 / -29

powell has completely gone over to the dark side of poilitcs.......if he straddles a fence long enough, I wonder if he'll ever get voted into any office.

maybe he's stumping for a few crumbs

I don't thin it matters....he's made himself irrelevant

we all know who the real star of the moment was anyway

[​IMG]