PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colin Kaepernick wants $18M per year from 49ers

Personally, I do not give a rat’s ass about his upbringing everyone has problems. If anything reading this makes me think, he is an even bigger douchebag than I thought, I would expect someone like him to appreciate his opportunity to play in the NFL and the team that granted him that opportunity. Instead Mr. $18 million is parading around South Beach in a Dolphins hat like an ungrateful ass, add that to the fact that he felt the need 10 games into his career to trade mark his touchdown celebration the week before he played in the Super Bowl. Tom Brady has played QB in the NFL for how many seasons, how many games, does he have any trademarks? Collin is about one thing and that is Collin, and he is probably the 18th best QB in the league, forget $18 million a season. If he did not play on that team, with that defense, offensive line, and running game he would be out of the NFL within 5 years, and I would not be surprised if that happened still.

Small Excerpt from article link below.

Colin Kaepernick's parents upset at criticism of son's tattoos

Colin's adopted Dad is Rick. "Rick read the Sporting News column critical of his son Thursday and was bothered but not angry. This guy has probably never talked to Colin. Rick said. Instead of saying that Colin does all these great things and donates his time to children, this guy is going to make him out like a gangster."
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...rnick-tattoo-criticism-sporting-news/1736671/

Part in bold "everyone has problems" refer to John 8:7

Lets be honest you're so blinded by pure hatred for Colin you spin anything positive posted about him negatively in an attempt to make him out to be this terrible person. This thread was simply about Colin asking for 18 million a year as a QB, yet you decided to make it personal and say that he's the biggest douche in the NFL. I am no fan of Richard Sherman and I think alot of his antics have been bad, but all I said simply about Richard Sherman was that he should seek therapy to deal with himself.

Your post about him trademarking a pose, wearing a Dolphins hat and lacking appreciation for opportunities given to him is the same spiel you posted a few months ago in your old Kaepernik thread. Many in that thread refuted your claims on Colin and couldn't understand how you think he's bad because he trademarked his pose or that he wore a dolphins hat etc.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...king-going-down-same-path-tebowing-page7.html

My old post from your other Colin thread. The kid is a smart guy trying to follow his dreams. He's not an idiot. You can predict all you want, but only God knows his future.

Lets stop trying to rip him at every angle like: he's not loyal because of a hat, he doesn't practice his passing, he's looking for hoes, he's dumb, I hope he fails, he'll be out of the league in X number of years, he's trademarked for money etc. I mean, I don't know if he'll get better, worse, or stay the same in terms of his QB skills. I am holding off judgment till the end of the season before I deem him a good, great, or bad QB. If he's out of the league in a few years life goes on and if he remains in the league for the next 10 years life goes on. I have no issue with him since he's not committed any crimes or done anything really horrible. If anything he's a extremely confident QB who was over hyped by the public, has regressed, trademarked his pose, wore another team's hat, twitters/instagrams often and continues to purse his dream in the NFL. None of that is going to cause me to dislike him. Nevertheless, I wish Colin nothing but the best.

I am going to quote Max here: "I'm guessing he had very little to do with trademarking anything. He has "people" to do that. I don't think that can explain any drop in form. Nor, I suspect, does his choice of head gear".

I am quoting Bible Gateway here :"Jesus faced a mob that was eager to execute a woman caught in adultery. He put a stop to it with a simple challenge: anyone who has no sin in their life should step forward and throw the first stone. That sentence is often cited as a reminder to avoid judging others when there are faults in your own life that need to be addressed."
John 8:7 NIV - When they kept on questioning him, he - Bible Gateway

Kaepernick acts like a ****. His whole persona just screams attention whore. He's also the most overrated QB in the league.

He's no Russell Wilson.

Lololol the first link is hilarious.

I like Kaepernick. I can see why some don't though. He can ball, he's a young, famous, decent looking dude. Anyone his age with that type of celebrity would be doing the same thing.

Regarding him wearing the Dolphin hat. That wasn't cool, and I'd be pissed if I was a 49er fan. But he's not the only player in the NFL that does it. (Ty Law wearing Bills gear in the pro bowl once). Most these young kids that are influenced by hip hop wears certain teams hats to match their outfits.

I to would would like 18M a year, but I don't think that's happening. I think that's way to much for Kaepernick he is good but not that good.

Colin's adopted Dad is Rick. "Rick read the Sporting News column critical of his son Thursday and was bothered but not angry. This guy has probably never talked to Colin. Rick said. Instead of saying that Colin does all these great things and donates his time to children, this guy is going to make him out like a gangster."

Lets be honest you're so blinded by pure hatred for Colin you spin anything positive posted about him negatively in an attempt to make him out to be this terrible person. This thread was simply about Colin asking for 18 million a year as a QB, yet you decided to make it personal and say that he's the biggest douche in the NFL. I am no fan of Richard Sherman and I think alot of his antics have been bad, but all I said simply about Richard Sherman was that he should seek therapy to deal with himself.

Your post about him trademarking a pose, wearing a Dolphins hat and lacking appreciation for opportunities given to him is the same spiel you posted a few months ago in your old Kaepernik thread. Many in that thread refuted your claims on Colin and couldn't understand how you think he's bad because he trademarked his pose or that he wore a dolphins hat etc.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...king-going-down-same-path-tebowing-page7.html

My old post from your other Colin thread. The kid is a smart guy trying to follow his dreams. He's not an idiot. You can predict all you want, but only God knows his future.

Lets stop trying to rip him at every angle like: he's not loyal because of a hat, he doesn't practice his passing, he's looking for hoes, he's dumb, I hope he fails, he'll be out of the league in X number of years, he's trademarked for money etc. I mean, I don't know if he'll get better, worse, or stay the same in terms of his QB skills. I am holding off judgment till the end of the season before I deem him a good, great, or bad QB. If he's out of the league in a few years life goes on and if he remains in the league for the next 10 years life goes on. I have no issue with him since he's not committed any crimes or done anything really horrible. If anything he's a extremely confident QB who was over hyped by the public, has regressed, trademarked his pose, wore another team's hat, twitters/instagrams often and continues to purse his dream in the NFL. None of that is going to cause me to dislike him. Nevertheless, I wish Colin nothing but the best.

I am going to quote Max here: "I'm guessing he had very little to do with trademarking anything. He has "people" to do that. I don't think that can explain any drop in form. Nor, I suspect, does his choice of head gear".

I am quoting Bible Gateway here :"Jesus faced a mob that was eager to execute a woman caught in adultery. He put a stop to it with a simple challenge: anyone who has no sin in their life should step forward and throw the first stone. That sentence is often cited as a reminder to avoid judging others when there are faults in your own life that need to be addressed."

I do not hate Colin, I do not know him personally, and therefore I have no reason to hate him. His actions portray a douchebag however, a childish and selfish douchebag. You are so wrapped up in the fact that he is religious and has been quoted referencing god that you are not even looking at him as a player or his persona. You cannot base your like or dislike of a football player on whether they believe in god CC that is irrelevant in this context, do you know how many death row inmates cozy up with rosary beads on a regular basis? Dedication to god or religion does not make someone a good, smart, or likeable person.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...rnick-tattoo-criticism-sporting-news/1736671/

Just because you do not share religious views with Kaepernick does not mean his is a bad player. He is a bad player if he can not play football not his off field religious views.

Lets be honest you're so blinded by pure hatred for Colin you spin anything positive posted about him negatively in an attempt to make him out to be this terrible person.
CC, aren't you taking the extreme opposite view because of Kaepernick's alleged Christianity? I doubt you'd be defending him otherwise. He might have Biblical references tattooed on his body but he is far from a "humble tolerant servant" in his behavior. Unlike Tebow, talking the talk and walking the walk seem at odds with this guy. Yes, he's done charitable things but so have most high-profile NFL players -- it's good PR often pushed on them by their agents. His "gangsta boy" posturing is really immature. Perhaps there's another, more adult Christian quarterback in the league who does a better job of living the ideals of his faith you can celebrate instead of this dweeb.

Do us a freaking favor and leave religion out of the conversation.

I do not hate Colin, I do not know him personally, and therefore I have no reason to hate him. His actions portray a douchebag however, a childish and selfish douchebag. You are so wrapped up in the fact that he is religious and has been quoted referencing god that you are not even looking at him as a player or his persona. You cannot base your like or dislike of a football player on whether they believe in god CC that is irrelevant in this context, do you know how many death row inmates cozy up with rosary beads on a regular basis? Dedication to god or religion does not make someone a good, smart, or likeable person.

Dedication to God May not make him likeable to every human on planet earth. However, dedication to God is appreciated by God himself. Reference John 3:16. I am not wrapped in anything. Some consider Richard Sherman to be a douch gangsta because of his antics etc. I just said he should seek therapy. I never called Sherman names even though I don't care for Sherman. As far as good in the eyes of a human is subjective. Me personally I don't think he's done anything to make him a BAD person. I guess what truly matters at the end of the day is what does God thinks of Colin. Sure Colin may have some growing up to do in some areas, but the same could be said for a lot of people on earth. Oh there are a lot of football players who do charitable things yes. There are also a lot of football players who act like what some would consider arrogant and childish, yet are often overlooked. As far as overlooking how he does as a player, I do no such thing. I know Colin needs to improve his performance on the field. With that being said Colin has done a good job on the field and has made some great plays. People point out the defense and stuff, but Seattle has a defense that is just as good if not better than the 49ers yet you never try to take away any credit from Russell in any way shape or form.

Just because you do not share religious views with Kaepernick does not mean his is a bad player. He is a bad player if he can not play football not his off field religious views.
If you are standing up for Colin as a football player than you need to address the correct people in this thread who are saying otherwise not me.
I am confused with this post of yours. Me and Colin share the same religious views and I never said Colin was a bad football player. I like him all around including his football game. The latter part of this thread has turned into who Colin is as a person and what he's about off the field. There are many football players who don't share my religious view but are great football players. You seem to be totally mixed up with what I am talking about. Alex Smith for example has never expressed his religious view so I assume he is atheist. However, I think he is an awesome football player regardless of that. Alex can play the game lights out.

CC, aren't you taking the extreme opposite view because of Kaepernick's alleged Christianity? I doubt you'd be defending him otherwise. He might have Biblical references tattooed on his body but he is far from a "humble tolerant servant" in his behavior. Unlike Tebow, talking the talk and walking the walk seem at odds with this guy. Yes, he's done charitable things but so have most high-profile NFL players -- it's good PR often pushed on them by their agents. His "gangsta boy" posturing is really immature. Perhaps there's another, more adult Christian quarterback in the league who does a better job of living the ideals of his faith you can celebrate instead of this dweeb.

There are a lot of football players I like which include Tom, Tim, Phillip, Drew, and many others. However, I like Colin as well and have no reason not to like him.

Edited to add this charity Colin is involved in called Camp Taylor is not just a PR move pushed on by his agent. It is a charity that hits close to home for him. As his adopted parents lost 2 kids due to heart disease. So he's involved in a charity that means alot to him and his adopted family. Thus, he is not just doing any old charity for the sake of it.
From the Camp Taylor's site. http://www.kidsheartcamp.org/
Our Mission: "Camp Taylor offers several programs for young people and families of children with heart disease"

Here's why that 'Colin Kaepernick is self-centered and Russell Wilson is not' comparison is incredibly unfair by Kevin Kaduk
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...comparison-is-totally-off-base-182213225.html

Small excerpt from article. "But Kaepernick wanted to do more than just endorse a check. "Colin goes all out for the kids," says [Camp Taylor's Kimberlie] Gamino. "He's all about the kids, making them smile and being there for them on their level ... well, not really, he's 6-foot-4. "Last year, he was supposed to be at the camp for three hours; he stayed seven."

There are a lot of football players I like which include Tim, Phillip, Drew, and many others. However, I like Colin as well and have no reason not to like him.

I think there’s a key point that you may be overlooking, especially with regards to the players you quoted: Warner seems to live his faith. In all the clips I’ve seen of him speaking I’ve always been incredibly impressed with how good of a person he is, I think he’s far more impressive as a human being than he is as a QB, someone who I’d be lucky to know. I had that high opinion of him before I knew he was a Christian, and I was actually surprised to find out he was a Christian because so few of them are like that, most of the ones I’ve known have actually been very rotten people (IMO) who use their “faith” as a blanket of sorts, both to convince other people as well as themselves that they’re actually good people, de facto atheists who don’t have the courage of their convictions.

Anyway, that’s part of why I actually get very annoyed when I see people talking (or tattooing) a bunch about their Christian faith. I think a prerequisite to being a good Christian should be being a good person, if you do that well you don’t need to talk about Christianity. From what I can see Kaep is all about his ego, everything he does screams “look at me”.

I think there’s a key point that you may be overlooking, especially with regards to the players you quoted: Warner seems to live his faith. In all the clips I’ve seen of him speaking I’ve always been incredibly impressed with how good of a person he is, I think he’s far more impressive as a human being than he is as a QB, someone who I’d be lucky to know. I had that high opinion of him before I knew he was a Christian, and I was actually surprised to find out he was a Christian because so few of them are like that, most of the ones I’ve known have actually been very rotten people (IMO) who use their “faith” as a blanket of sorts, both to convince other people as well as themselves that they’re actually good people, de facto atheists who don’t have the courage of their convictions.

Anyway, that’s part of why I actually get very annoyed when I see people talking (or tattooing) a bunch about their Christian faith. I think a prerequisite to being a good Christian should be being a good person, if you do that well you don’t need to talk about Christianity. From what I can see Kaep is all about his ego, everything he does screams “look at me”.
He dosen't hardly speak on much about his faith. He does his speaking about his faith in the form of tattooing. Having a big ego doesn't make some one a bad person. Lots of people in this world have big egos. Heck most QBs in the NFL do, but are we going to call them bad as people because of it.

There are a lot of football players I like which include Tom, Tim, Phillip, Drew, and many others. However, I like Colin as well and have no reason not to like him.

You are missing my point. Based on what you post it appears you like players based on faith, but that is such a misleading way of thinking. People approach faith many different ways some are over the top and others are reserved, the relationship you have with God is a personal one, tattooing that on your chest does not make you a more religious person.

What do you like about Kaepernick?

He dosen't hardly speak on much about his faith. He does his speaking about his faith in the form of tattooing. Having a big ego doesn't make some one a bad person. Lots of people in this world have big egos. Heck most QBs in the NFL do, but are we going to call them bad as people because of it.

Give me a break. All a tat does it scream "look at me", did Jesus get tatted up or did he do good things that helped people?

You are missing my point. Based on what you post it appears you like players based on faith, but that is such a misleading way of thinking. People approach faith many different ways some are over the top and others are reserved, the relationship you have with God is a personal one, tattooing that on your chest does not make you a more religious person.

What do you like about Kaepernick?
Tattoes on religion don't make you more or less religious. He gets criticized by some for his tattoos so some have pointed out what they mean to Kaepernik.

God doesn't care if you have tattoos, piercings,a funny hair style, what your race is etc. God just asks that you believe in him, live for him and acknowledge him in all you do.

I like alot things abut Kaepernik. I love the way he plays the game. He throws well and can make huge moves with his legs to get a first down, gain huge chucks of yardage etc.

Give me a break. All a tat does it scream "look at me", did Jesus get tatted up or did he do good things that helped people?

My brother is a Christian like myself and he got a tattoo of a cross on his arm a few years ago. The tattoo for my brother represents his faith. It is the only tattoo he has at the moment. Needless to say I don't care that he has a tattoo or that it screams look at me. As far as Colin goes I don't care if his tattoos scream look at me. Jesus didn't get tatted up, but he taught us not to cast stones at one another if we have sin ourselves. Jesus also taught us to love one another.

My brother is a Christian like myself and he got a tattoo of a cross on his arm a few years ago. The tattoo for my brother represents his faith. It is the only tattoo he has at the moment. Needless to say I don't care that he has a tattoo or that it screams look at me. As far as Colin goes I don't care if his tattoos scream look at me. Jesus didn't get tatted up, but he taught us not to cast stones at one another if we have sin ourselves. Jesus also taught us to love one another.

If "your brother" wants to embody Christ it might be a good idea to take the money he spent on that stupid tattoo and give it to a worthy cause. That and all tats are just a means of aggrandizing oneself.

His stupid ego comes through on his play, which is arrogant. He'll try to fit the ball into ill advised places and winds up costing his team.

If "your brother" wants to embody Christ it might be a good idea to take the money he spent on that stupid tattoo and give it to a worthy cause. That and all tats are just a means of aggrandizing oneself.

His stupid ego comes through on his play, which is arrogant. He'll try to fit the ball into ill advised places and winds up costing his team.

More passing judgement from you. He has donated to worthy causes.

Anyways back to Colin, he made a few poor decisions on where to throw the ball. If you watch his press conferences from the other month you will see Kaepernik takes responsibility for those bad decisions in the game. However, Patrick Willis in a press conference refused to put the blame entirely on Colin for why the team lost. He said It is a team game... You win as a team and you lose as a team.

However as coach Harbaugh said he felt Colin's last throw of the game was a darn good throw and had it been 1 or 2 inches more towards the corner, Crabtree would have caught the ball and the 49ers would have won. Richard Sherman made a great play on the ball and deflected it.

http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/H...s_Season/a1be0f38-c54b-4c74-a27a-f11796e464ce

http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/K...the-Loss/916dce7e-3518-4a87-bd2d-9e8772881dce

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2...n-Defeat/291cdf54-857e-449b-b9fb-9072538b4dd2

Hold on. ...

Are we actually still at the point where we look down on those that have tattoos?

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back