PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colin Kaepernick wants $18M per year from 49ers

This is at the top of the forum...

#49ers Jim Harbaugh has private workout with Eastern Illinois QB Jimmy Garoppolo (@JimmyG_10). Harbaugh Has Private Workout with QB Prospect pic.twitter.com/PLWA9CCQjF

Garoppolo, based on what I've seen of him, looks like he would be a better fit in Harbaugh's offense than Kaepernick. Hopefully this means the Niners are planning to get rid of him so he can sign with the Dolphins. :D

Tim isn't a distant memory for me. Tim is still out there doing various things like T-mobile commercials and traveling as an espn analyst. I hope to see him back in the NFL down the line.
Doing what? :confused:

Garoppolo, based on what I've seen of him, looks like he would be a better fit in Harbaugh's offense than Kaepernick. Hopefully this means the Niners are planning to get rid of him so he can sign with the Dolphins. :D

Why the hell would you want that? Do you think our linebackers would have a prayer of catching him? He'd give us fits for years.

This is at the top of the forum...

Drafting Garoppolo at #30 and trading Kaepernick would be a brilliant move. They would improve their offense and gain a high draft pick in the process. Good thing the 49ers don't have the guts to do it.

Why the hell would you want that? Do you think our linebackers would have a prayer of catching him? He'd give us fits for years.

Because he's not a good quarterback that makes some terrible decisions?

Playing football
In the NFL? He's proven with THREE teams -- about 1/10th of the league -- that he can't do it. He'll be 27 years old in August and according to Wikipedia he is officially retired: "Tebow retired from professional football on December 30, 2013, when he was hired by ESPN as a college football analyst." Since he's given up perhaps you should consider same.

There's a consistent theme in when Kaepernick fails, he often makes mistakes because he plays arrogantly, he thinks he can make any throw when he ought to check it down or throw it out of bounds. It wouldnt surprise me if the same thing happens when he gets injured on a run.

Anyway, there's a common theme, "look at me". It comes back to ego, and the tats say the same thing. I'm glad he isn't a rapist, and I mean that, but are you really using that as your measuring stick? Just because you don't rape doesn't mean you don't have growing up to do, and throwing a lot of money at someone just means you're going to see more of what they truly are, you're not going to get something different.

I could see him forcing the issue because of his athleticism. It could be ego. If so, doesn't that group him with Tony Romo ($18M) and Jay Cutler ($18.1M) and Matt Stafford ($17.7M)? In that context, does $18M really sound unreasonable?

And you know it's not meant to be a measuring stick, I'm just saying the kid doesn't deserve to be called a thug or associated with prisoners by national writers because he wears his hat sideways. Why do people care so much about his hat or his tats?

I've said nothing of tattoos...

I just don't think he is worth eighteen million. I think he is vastly over rated and has a lot of growing up to do on the field. It's especially obvious when contrasted to Wilson up in Seattle...

I would agree he has room to grow, and I really do think it's unfair to expect everyone to be as mature as Wilson or Luck. Many QBs will never come close to that level as far as leaders go.

But in a league where Romo, Cutler, and Stafford are all around $18M a year, is it really unreasonable? And those contract were in an era with a $120M+ salary cap. With an expected rise to $150M, I just don't think $18M is unreasonable. It may be more than I would be willing to pay, but it doesn't mean at least half the teams in the league would gladly pay that for Kaep.

In the NFL? He's proven with THREE teams -- about 1/10th of the league -- that he can't do it. He'll be 27 years old in August and according to Wikipedia he is officially retired: "Tebow retired from professional football on December 30, 2013, when he was hired by ESPN as a college football analyst." Since he's given up perhaps you should consider same.

He hasn't retired from football as that quote from wiki is completely inaccurate.

Tim Tebow joins SEC Network, still pursuing NFL
Y! SPORTS

''While I continue to pursue my dream of playing quarterback in the NFL, this is an amazing opportunity to be part of the unparalleled passion of college football and the SEC,'' Tebow said in a statement released by ESPN

As far as showing he can't play football:You're wrong. He helped lead the Broncos to the playoffs and won a playoff game against the Steelers.

Tim got traded by the Broncos because a better QB named Peyton Manning was signed by the team. Had Peyton not been signed by the Broncos there's a good chance that Tim would still be with the Broncos.

In New York he was never given a chance as Rex Ryan was set on having Mark Sanchez as a starting QB. Check out the tattoo Rex Ryan had of his wife in a Sanchez Jersey if that isn't indication enough about his feeling on Mark.

Belichick only needed two QBs and thus cut Tebow. However, Bill has NOT ruled out bringing Tebow back to the Pats.

Could Tim Tebow return to Patriots? Belichick won't say no

We know you don't like him Tune. I think Tim has alot of potential if not at the QB position than some other position.

Drew Brees Gives Props to Tim Tebow at Pulse Awards. Video in link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tq0OUU0K8o

Drew starts talking about Tebow at 3:40 in the video. As Drew Brees says Tebow is a winner

I hope that they give Kaepernick $18 million a season. I hope Seattle gives Wilson the same thing. These QBs playing for $1 million a year allow these teams to have plenty of cap space, let see how well the 49ers and Seahawks do retaining players like Thomas, Sherman, Smith x2, Willis, Bowman, etc. when they have QBs with $15 million cap hits.

Aside from that I think Collin is one of the biggest douches in the NFL and actually he has one of those faces that annoy me, and I am not to “big” to admit that.

I take it you are joking.

I am, that aside the assessment of another player is not an indication of being a good player. Tebow and Brees have never played together, and Brees is not studying tape of Tebow, he likes Tebow as a person and spoke of him in a positive light.

That is meaningless to him having a playing career in the future. Tebow will never get a shot as a QB in the NFL again unless he pulls a Flutie and lights up the CFL, which seems unlikely considering they have not even offered him a job. If he wants to play football he should consider changing position, that is the only shot he has in my opinion.

I hope that they give Kaepernick $18 million a season. I hope Seattle gives Wilson the same thing. These QBs playing for $1 million a year allow these teams to have plenty of cap space, let see how well the 49ers and Seahawks do retaining players like Thomas, Sherman, Smith x2, Willis, Bowman, etc. when they have QBs with $15 million cap hits.

Aside from that I think Collin is one of the biggest douches in the NFL and actually he has one of those faces that annoy me, and I am not to “big” to admit that.

I don't think Colin is one of the biggest douches in the NFL. Colin's confidence and touchdown celebrations are often misconstrued by some. But I guess your opinion hasn't changed since the last time when you compared him to a burglar, a druggie, and murderer in some other thread. But I guess it is just one of those times where you have agree to disagree moments like in the other Colin thread.

I don't think Colin is one of the biggest douches in the NFL. Colin's confidence and touchdown celebrations are often misconstrued by some. But I guess your opinion hasn't changed since the last time when you compared him to a burglar, a druggie, and murderer in some other thread. But I guess it is just one of those times where you have agree to disagree moments like in the other Colin thread.

http://theawkwardyears.wordpress.com/2013/09/09/a-douche-is-born-the-colin-kaepernick-story-by-scott-thompson/

http://happymadden.com/gallery/the-10-biggest-douchebags-in-the-nfl/4-colin-kaepernick

I have seen that national inquirer article about Colin and have read the many other countless negative articles on Colin. I like Colin and don't think he's a douch. Anyways you have your opinion of him and I have mine.

Kaepernick was given up for adoption, never met his birth father, grew up as a mixed race kid in a white family which raised lots of questions, ignored it all to become a great student with a 4.1 GPA in high school.

He works hard. 2 hours after he was drafted by the 49ers, he met coach Harbaugh at the 49ers facility and started studying film. He was a 2-time All-California baseball player drafted by the Cubs, and he turned down a job with them because he loved playing football.

The tattoos he gets criticized for are verses from the Bible, his back a mural of angels vs. demons. He's deeply religious, just not in your face like Tebow. The man has conviction, the religious kind, not the felony like some of his peers.

He's mature. He not only donates money, but also volunteers his time to Camp Taylor, a camp for kids with heart problems, largely in part because his adopted parents lost two infants to heart diseases before he was adopted.

And he needs to grow up because of the way he wears his ******* hat??? Seriously, WTF?

After beating the Carolina Panthers, he got publicly called out for wearing his hat backwards. Not sideways, but backwards, something Brady and Rodgers do without anyone blinking an eye.

It's okay to not like Colin Kaepernick as a player, but to judge him as a man based on his tattoos or the way he wears his hat is absolutely ridiculous. If that's all you know about him, then you really don't know anything about him.

Great post ^

I have seen that national inquirer article about Colin and have read the many other countless negative articles on Colin. I like Colin and don't think he's a douch. Anyways you have your opinion of him and I have mine.

You do not know him personally do you? Everything he does is douchebag, I cannot understand how you can overlook his behavior and like him, unless you know him personally.

As for paying him $18 million, I would give a Dolphins hat and tell him to go ask the Dolphins, he would be lucky to rank in the top 15 of QBs in the NFL

We know you don't like him Tune. I think Tim has alot of potential if not at the QB position than some other position.
I certainly like him as a person, just not as a football player at the NFL level. He doesn't want to play anything other than quarterback and he's just not capable of succeeding at this level. He's been out of the game a year. I don't see him ever returning and couldn't even guess how he could improve on his own.

I don't think pressure to deliver should make a difference. If anyone is phased by that, they shouldn't be a starting NFL QB.

And I agree that you can't be one-dimensional, but teams can be balanced, successful, and still pay their QBs market rates.

The Giants won while paying Eli a ton (ugh), the Saints with Drew Brees, the Colts with Manning, while Super Bowl runner-ups include high-priced QBs Manning (Colts, Broncos), Steelers (Big Ben), and Patriots (Brady). Teams can still be successful, though the margin of error is thinner.

Kaepernick was given up for adoption, never met his birth father, grew up as a mixed race kid in a white family which raised lots of questions, ignored it all to become a great student with a 4.1 GPA in high school.

He works hard. 2 hours after he was drafted by the 49ers, he met coach Harbaugh at the 49ers facility and started studying film. He was a 2-time All-California baseball player drafted by the Cubs, and he turned down a job with them because he loved playing football.

The tattoos he gets criticized for are verses from the Bible, his back a mural of angels vs. demons. He's deeply religious, just not in your face like Tebow. The man has conviction, the religious kind, not the felony like some of his peers.

He's mature. He not only donates money, but also volunteers his time to Camp Taylor, a camp for kids with heart problems, largely in part because his adopted parents lost two infants to heart diseases before he was adopted.

And he needs to grow up because of the way he wears his ******* hat??? Seriously, WTF?

After beating the Carolina Panthers, he got publicly called out for wearing his hat backwards. Not sideways, but backwards, something Brady and Rodgers do without anyone blinking an eye.

It's okay to not like Colin Kaepernick as a player, but to judge him as a man based on his tattoos or the way he wears his hat is absolutely ridiculous. If that's all you know about him, then you really don't know anything about him.

Personally, I do not give a rat’s ass about his upbringing everyone has problems. If anything reading this makes me think, he is an even bigger douchebag than I thought, I would expect someone like him to appreciate his opportunity to play in the NFL and the team that granted him that opportunity. Instead Mr. $18 million is parading around South Beach in a Dolphins hat like an ungrateful ass, add that to the fact that he felt the need 10 games into his career to trade mark his touchdown celebration the week before he played in the Super Bowl. Tom Brady has played QB in the NFL for how many seasons, how many games, does he have any trademarks? Collin is about one thing and that is Collin, and he is probably the 18th best QB in the league, forget $18 million a season. If he did not play on that team, with that defense, offensive line, and running game he would be out of the NFL within 5 years, and I would not be surprised if that happened still.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back