PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

COLE: Will The Patriots Take the Ball Out of Brady's Hands and Run the Ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Jason Cole: Pats need to run the ball more

Sorry, but adamantly disagree with an increased running game. The Pats of the Brady era have been successful because of what they accomplish by passing the football.

It is, IMO, sheer stupidity to go away from what has proven to be successful.

Two concepts up for debate....1) the Brady Era....2) the measure of success

1)Brady Era....I'll break this concept into three parts....1)Brady the Game Manager (2001)...2)Brady the complementary QB of a balanced attack (2002-2006)...3)Brady the All-World Passer (2007-present)

2)Measure of Success....Two concepts again....1) winning SBs....2) Winning lots of regular season games but falling a game or more short

Patriots history has shown a balanced attack gets the trophy....and having a D that gets the opposing O off the field doesn't hurt either.

1)Brady Era....I'll break this concept into three parts....1)Brady the Game Manager (2001)...2)Brady the complementary QB of a balanced attack (2002-2006)...3)Brady the All-World Passer (2007-present)

2)Measure of Success....Two concepts again....1) winning SBs....2) Winning lots of regular season games but falling a game or more short

Patriots history has shown a balanced attack gets the trophy....and having a D that gets the opposing O off the field doesn't hurt either.

I'm not sure what the exact Pass:run ratio was then compared to now, but Brady's always been the focal point of the offense aside from maybe 2001, and 2001 is not an offense you want to have. I agree with your wishes of wanting to see a bit more emphasis on running, if not just for the fact that it may prolong Brady's career a bit. But Brady's going to be the all world passer and focal point as long as he's in his current form.

And also I think you nailed it with the last point, defense has to be able to get off the field.

I think he misses his own point. It's not more, it's more efficiently or better. They have to be capable of running the ball and moving the chains or pushing the pile when everyone knows they are. And they have to be capable of gashing opposing D's for chunks of yards every now and again so they will have to worry about that aspect of the game.

Yup

Mo summed it up.

Re: Jason Cole: Pats need to run the ball more

It's sheer stupidity to stay one dimensional.
Why not, if it is successful.

Doing something (running game) over and over that has not been working and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity.

Jason Cole....once again proving that he's making an obscene amount of money for having a "keen sense of the obvious".

hahaahaha yeah. Ridley is the first legit RB the pats have had since Dillon. Of course they're gonna run it more

Loved BJGE but he brought us #1 on most occasions, and was no threat on #2. Perhaps this cheating on pass coverage is a major reason BB wants somebody who is a breakaway threat (Ridley if ever healthy) vs another plugger like Molden.
Vereen is the running back that can't stay healthy. Molden or Bolden?

Antwaun Molden NFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

Don't tell me you have Antwaun Molden withdrawals?

Yeah

Ofcourse, the fact that last year's Super Bowl winner was last in rushing and 27th in defense proves this true.

It's simply amazing the ungodly stupid things that some patsfans.com are so willing to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots