PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colder and rain for Sunday's game vs Manning and Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geezer!

That said, cold rain is FAR more miserable than snow.

The siren of wide screen HDTV is difficult to resist

Exactly. I don't mind cold or snow, but cold rain... I say blechhh!

Blechhh, I may skip going to this one. I hate cold rain. Going to the games is alot harder for me than it used to be so I'd prefer not to be miserable when I do go.

You're better than that, P.J. I'm older than you and I'll be there. Just dress for it. Remember: there is no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing.

will see some fumbles if it indeed is a washout

The games in cold (Tennessee playoff) and snow (Raiders, Miami, Bears, Tennessee blowout) are legendary, but I can't remember too many steady rain games in the BB-Brady era. The Steelers game in 2008 comes to mind — what a mess. (No Brady of course). I also seem to remember the Baltimore 2007 game being windy and raw (with a cold wind also blowing from the MNF crew openly rooting for the Ravens), but not heavy rains.

The games in cold (Tennessee playoff) and snow (Raiders, Miami, Bears, Tennessee blowout) are legendary, but I can't remember too many steady rain games in the BB-Brady era. The Steelers game in 2008 comes to mind — what a mess. (No Brady of course). I also seem to remember the Baltimore 2007 game being windy and raw (with a cold wind also blowing from the MNF crew openly rooting for the Ravens), but not heavy rains.

I don't remember what year it was vs. Baltimore, when the field was still grass. It poured heavily. (Bruschi forced a fumble we recovered in the end zone for a score.)

Yeah, whenever I think of cold, rain games, the thought of that horrible 2008 Steelers game comes to mind. I've been in a lot of cold and extreme weather conditions, but that always seemed like one of the coldest rains I'd ever been in.

I don't remember what year it was vs. Baltimore, when the field was still grass. It poured heavily. (Bruschi forced a fumble we recovered in the end zone for a score.)

Yes, I remember that one too. The 2006 game vs. the Jets I remember being a muddy mess. And was the 2007 Jets game in Foxboro rain, or was it more of a wintry mix?

Wasn't the 2001 game in Foxboro against the Saints a driving rainstorm also?

That's way i'm bringing rain gear. I'm rooting for no rain cause i don't like to get cold and wet.:) Its odd that two of the biggest forecasters are so far apart with their forecasts though.

Very strange. I hope the weather channel is right - attending my first game evah at Gillette. Just reached Boston and their local news said after 3pm - anything can happen but before that it will be dry. Also temps will go down quite a bit. Let's see. Last weekend in NY they were predicting rain the entire weekend and there was hardly any rain. Went to the Niners Jets game (LOVED watching the Jetsies get beaten up and the BEST was when Holmes gave away the ball to the Niners for a TD and at the same time they showed a clip of the out of town TDs - they showed Brady running it in against the Bills - all the Jet fans were basically vomiting in disgust. I was relishing the moment). Anyways - I digress. The Niners Jet game was completely dry until the game ended whereas the forecast was rain all day.....

going to be wet and cold for those of you going..i passed on going this week..there are about 30 tix on ticketexchange now as well

... Last weekend in NY they were predicting rain the entire weekend and there was hardly any rain. ...The Niners Jet game was completely dry until the game ended whereas the forecast was rain all day.....

So you're saying McCourty got the forecast wrong, eh?

;)

Just woke up to a beautiful morning, whats going on here? I guess theres still a ways to go until kickoff but its damb nice out right now lol

-Sent from the device that is held in my hand-

Good luck to everyone going this afternoon...may you stay as dry as possible and enjoy a solid Patriots win!

Or, hope it turns into a freak snowstorm like the Titans game in 09. It was around this time of year that happened.

going to be wet and cold for those of you going..i passed on going this week..there are about 30 tix on ticketexchange now as well

LOL not anymore!!! sorry you missed out on Brady/Manning!

No rain in the forecasts now from accuweather or weather.com!

Heading down to Gillette in about an hour! Crisp fall air. Perfect for Tailgating. No sweating. No Freezing. Sweatshirt weather. Just awesome.

Enjoy the game at home folks!

Last edited:
LOL not anymore!!! sorry you missed out on Brady/Manning!

No rain in the forecasts now from accuweather or weather.com!

Heading down to Gillette in about an hour! Crisp fall air. Perfect for Tailgating. No sweating. No Freezing. Sweatshirt weather. Just awesome.

Enjoy the game at home folks!

Sitting in my apt near the TD garden and weather is perfect - crisp, sunny and bright. Forecast looks better as well.

Let's go baby! Brady v Manning!!!

Damn, If I lived in mass I'd be all over that. **** the rain and the cold might be the last peyton-brady game.

Sitting in my apt near the TD garden and weather is perfect - crisp, sunny and bright. Forecast looks better as well.

Let's go baby! Brady v Manning!!!

Weather.com says 50% chance of rain at kickoff still.

Yeah, it was nice and sunny here in CT when I woke up, but the clouds have moved in and it's getting pretty misty here. The radar shows a blob of rain that looks like it should be in Foxboro by 4pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back