PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colder and rain for Sunday's game vs Manning and Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
So 14 games indoors. I had to challenge myself to see if I could recall the games, I think I have them.

at Indy 2001
at Indy 2003
at Indy 2007
at Indy 2009
at Atlanta 2001
at Atlanta 2005
at New Orleans 2009
at Minnesota 2006
at St Louis 2004
at Houston 2003
at Houston 2009
at Dallas 2007
at Detroit 2010
at Detroit 2002

That looks right and the first thing I noticed was 11-3 and all three losses were 2009 (Indy, NO and Houston) when coming back from surgery. Of course 4th and 2 and Houston being the last game of the season were special circumstances.

but only recalling 9 of the 13 precipitation regular season games

vs GB 2002 rain
vs NYG 2003 rain
vs CLE 2003 rain
vs MIA 2003 snow
vs JAX 2003 snow
vs BAL 2004 rain
at BUF 2005 snow
vs TEN 2009 snow
at CHI 2010 snow

Brady is better inside, outside, day, night, in sun, rain, wind, snow, hail, sleet, or even when Oobleck falls from the sky.

I would not pick that Peyton man, I would not pick him, Sam-I-am.

That looks right and the first thing I noticed was 11-3 and all three losses were 2009 (Indy, NO and Houston) when coming back from surgery. Of course 4th and 2 and Houston being the last game of the season were special circumstances.

Not to be a mood killer but looking beyond regular season, he DID lose three indoor playoff games (2 Super Bowls vs. Giants and 2006 AFC CHampionship).

Not to be a mood killer but looking beyond regular season, he DID lose three indoor playoff games (2 Super Bowls vs. Giants and 2006 AFC CHampionship).

No doubt. I'll resist the temptation to lament why in all three cases for the one millionth time.

Manning Career splits

Indoors: 112 games, 98.3 QBR, 231:102 TD:INT ratio.
Outdoors: 100 games, 91.4 QBR, 176:99 ratio
Precipitation: 8 games, 83.8 QBR, 11:10 ratio
Windy: 30 games, 82.8 QBR, 41:31 ratio
Temp 41-60 31 games: 85.8 QBR, 51:37 ratio

Brady Career splits

Indoors: 14 games, 103.1 QBR, 29:13 ratio
Outdoors: 151 games, 96 QBR, 278:103 ratio
Precipitation: 13 games, 94.2 QBR, 18:5 ratio
Windy: 58 games, 98.4 QBR, 113:35 ratio
Temp 41-60: 49 games, 97.6 QBR, 91:30 ratio

Do you have a link for those splits?

I know they are right, but I have friends and family that are Colts/Manning fans, and they are always reluctant to recognize the obvious truth that Brady >> Peyton

Just found out that I'm going. Bring on the rain, biznitches!

Me too! This is gonna be my first game at Gillette and its gonna be cold and rain! Aghhhh! Oh well - will bring my poncho. Do they allow umbrellas?

Any tips for a newcomer going to see a rainy/wet/cold game at the Razor will be helpful.

Thanks!

PS. Will be in the 300 section.

Even the weather is ready for this one. It's going to be fun to watch.

Me too! This is gonna be my first game at Gillette and its gonna be cold and rain! Aghhhh! Oh well - will bring my poncho. Do they allow umbrellas?

Any tips for a newcomer going to see a rainy/wet/cold game at the Razor will be helpful.

Thanks!

PS. Will be in the 300 section.
Bring a poncho and/or a hat. No umbrellas allowed. It'll b confescated. Are u tailgating?

Bring a poncho and/or a hat. No umbrellas allowed. It'll b confescated. Are u tailgating?

No...am coming from NY and will meet up with a couple of buddies in Boston and go from there. Still looking forward to it but wished the weather was a little better. Oh well - main thing is PATS winning.

We play very well in bad weather, particularly throwing the ball. We should run heavily only if they sell out on the pass. Otherwise, we balance the attack.

We can beat very good defenses very badly in the snow, less so in wind/rain. It's important to remember that Denver players, play in Denver, in December ...... other than Manning, they are not a Dome team. Due to Manning, it's more likely they'll try to run a lot more than we will.

Last edited:
Do you have a link for those splits?

I know they are right, but I have friends and family that are Colts/Manning fans, and they are always reluctant to recognize the obvious truth that Brady >> Peyton

Pull up both Peyton and Brady on Yahoo sports and select split stats and then career.

will help the pats secondary vs manning

Given the current state of our grand game and run defense, this could be a great development for the Pats.

Haven't had a sloppy weather game between these two since '05 playoffs. Any chance we get a cold spell sunday :D ?

Knifes+Carving+Roast+Beef.jpg

:D:D:D

Blechhh, I may skip going to this one. I hate cold rain. Going to the games is alot harder for me than it used to be so I'd prefer not to be miserable when I do go.

I hope ol' zippah neck throws wobbly ducks all afternoon long. I'm surprised Elway didn't buy an enormous canopy for the home field.

Blechhh, I may skip going to this one. I hate cold rain. Going to the games is alot harder for me than it used to be so I'd prefer not to be miserable when I do go.

Geezer!

That said, cold rain is FAR more miserable than snow.

The siren of wide screen HDTV is difficult to resist

Peyton no longer plays in a dome. I'm interested to see how well he does this year in the same place and with the same team that Tim Tebow took to 8-8 and a playoff spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back