PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cold and windy on Monday night

Status
Not open for further replies.

RhodyPatriot

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Ideal conditions for a Patriot smackdown of the Jets. Windy with windchills in the teens.

PS - who will be the 1st Patriot player to mock the Jets by spreading their wings and taking flight after a TD?? I say Deon. :D

Ideal conditions for a Patriot smackdown of the Jets. Windy with windchills in the teens.

PS - who will be the 1st Patriot player to mock the Jets by spreading their wings and taking flight after a TD?? I say Deon. :D

itd be incredibly funny if belicheck did it on the way to shake ryans hand..................itll never happen tho :(

You guys are setting yourself up for a big disappointment

I rather like being a collective self, myselfs! :D

I have absolutely zero problems with Jets fans posting on this board to substantively discuss the game.

However, posts like his does nothing to add to the discussion other than trying to stir the pot.

Yeah the Jet's are definitely a warm weather tropical team 200 miles to the south. They don't know what Under Armor is and they don't believe in players gloves.

Monday can't come soon enough so we can get back to real football.

Yeah the Jet's are definitely a warm weather tropical team 200 miles to the south. They don't know what Under Armor is and they don't believe in players gloves.

Dont the Jets wear pantyhose when its cold or was that just Namath? :D

I have absolutely zero problems with Jets fans posting on this board to substantively discuss the game.

However, posts like his does nothing to add to the discussion other than trying to stir the pot.

Just a bit of playful tweaking, not looking to feed 'it' :D

It may effect Sanchez. But that remains to be seen. The Jets live and play in New York which, correct me if I'm wrong, is pretty cold itself. I'm only hoping for snow because it will make the game atmosphere that much more awesome.

I'm only hoping for snow because it will make the game atmosphere that much more awesome.

This! The "Snow Bowl" had a dreamlike 'glow' to it (on TV anyway) that made the game that much more entertaining and memorable.

Last edited:
why? because i believe it will be a close game that can go both ways?

The things i read here the last few days are a bit over the top in my opinion and if most of you believe in it then you are setting yourself up for a big disappointment

The things i read here the last few days are a bit over the top in my opinion and if most of you believe in it then you are setting yourself up for a big disappointment

Have you been to the Jets forum? Most people saying the pats will score 14 or less points..AT HOME? The jets scoring 30+ points in most peoples eyes? Talk about over the top :rolleyes:

That's probably because the posts that get most of your attention are the ones that are the most (Pats fans) homer-ish.

From what I have read the vast majority here also think it will be a close game, but vary from cautiously optimistic to homer-ish optimistic.

Are you implying that Jet fan sites are more objective?

Of course the Jets could win this game; anybody discounting a 9-2 team is not being realistic. But on the other hand when you say "you guys are setting yourself up for a big disappointment", it comes across equally homer-ish, because it implies that you assume the Patriots will lose.

Thats not what your post said. You made an off the cuff remark about Pats fans being in for a big disappointment implying that the Jets will win with nothing to back it up. It looked a lot like you were coming to the Pats board just to stir up trouble. Now if you said "You guys are setting yourself up for a big disappointment, I think the game is going to be very close" that is a completely different matter. But thats not what you said, hence the reaction. You need to carefully pick your words to convey your actual intent.

Additionally, I think most Patriots fans have been giving the Jets credit (much more so than your fellow Jets fans on theganggreen and jetsinsider). I have said it will be a close game too.

Last edited:
Namath and Marv Albert.

I believe that Marv was just wearing the panty. I wasn't there, but that's what I remember the media talking about..... :D

Dont the Jets wear pantyhose when its cold or was that just Namath? :D

Joe usually used to wear them around his neck. So sad his image is lost today.

Last edited:
8 pm
31°F
Mostly Cloudy
Feels Like 19°F
Chance of Precip 20%
Humidity 46%
Wind From WSW 19 mph

...probably no snow :(

The wind may affect it more than the cold. That advantage goes to the Pats. The short passing game is less affected by wind than the long passing game. Sanchez is 6th in the league in pass attempts of 21 yards and longer. He doesn't have the strongest are in the world. If the wind is strong enough it might float a pass or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots