Welcome to PatsFans.com

Coke or Pepsi

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, May 15, 2007.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +456 / 6 / -2

Proof positive of why pointing a finger in the opposite direction might get you elected, but doesn't guarantee much else if you don't really get much done. Of course, with a Coke or Pepsi system, all this means is a shot for other guy, all over again, the next time around. :( If there was ever an opportunity for some fresh, new leadership, now's as good a time as any.

[​IMG]

May 15, 2007

Congress Approval Down to 29%; Bush Approval Steady at 33%
    Both ratings are slightly lower than 2007 averages

by Joseph Carroll

GALLUP NEWS SERVICE

PRINCETON, NJ -- A new Gallup Poll finds continued low levels of public support for both Congress and President George W. Bush. Twenty-nine percent of Americans approve of Congress, down slightly from last month's reading (33%) and this year's high point of 37%, while Bush's approval rating is holding steady at 33%. Both the ratings of Congress and the president are slightly lower than their respective 2007 averages. Approval ratings of Congress are higher among Democrats than Republicans, while Bush's ratings are much higher among Republicans.

http://www.galluppoll.com/content/?ci=27589
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +294 / 10 / -26

Have contended all along there is a need for serious change in this country, third party or someone completely different.. if not serious indifference will set in for the next election again.
  3. Real World

Ratings:
    +456 / 6 / -2

Who do you think could pull off a third party ticket? Is there a candidate, or actually, candidates, that could join forces, and make a serious run as a P & VP ticket? It would have to be either two people who represent left and right, or two people who are pretty fairly split down the middle. IMO.
  4. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

If we went from two viable parties to 4 the presidential race would end up being 26-25-25-24 instead of 51 to 49. I don't think that would make things better. Instead of nearly 1/2 of the people saying 'I didn't vote for this jerk.' it would be more like near 3/4's. Besides, how people feel about Congress is irrelevant. Its how they feel about the three people in congress who represent them that matters. The other 532 people could drop to zero and it wouldn't mean diddly.
  5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I thought you hated polls?
    I like this one though. Not surprised at the results. I love the flow of information on the web - that's why the government wants to control it so much.
  6. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

when was the last time Congress, in any era, had an approval rating above 45%?...

i wonder -- if they showed some balls and rewarded the public who put them in office -- by overriding Boy King's temper tantrum, would they have soared in their number?...

regardless, gotta love the phrase "steady at 33%"
    Last edited: May 15, 2007
  7. Real World

Ratings:
    +456 / 6 / -2

I think polls should not be used to decide & dictate policy. I do think that they help give a reading of where the publics sentiment lies. However, when analyzing public sentiment, you need to factor in the 30-40% moron factor, AND the load factor of the questions posed. Polls are like anything else, they need to be accurately analyzed and critiqued, and taken for what they are worth. A simple question like the one this ones asks, regarding approval and disapproval, is pretty safe in it's purpose.
  8. Real World

Ratings:
    +456 / 6 / -2

http://www.pollingreport.com/CongJob1.htm

It's steadily sucked since Iraq 2003, and was considerabley good for a number of years prior. Interesting figures none the less, especially those pose 9/11. Notice the trend from fall of 2003 on. This is why I blame anyone and everyone that voted for the war as being culpable. They finger in the wind'd the voted accordingly.