Welcome to PatsFans.com

Coburn Has Pelosi's Back and Disses FOX

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by wistahpatsfan, Apr 6, 2010.

1. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I'm not kidding...honestagawd!
    A glimmer of hope that partisans can be civil?... in DC? :eek:
    I suppose anything's possible.

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Coburn defends Pelosi, takes swipe at FOX - Blogs from CNN.com

"Come on now, she is a nice - how many of you all have met her?" Coburn said to groans from the crowd. "She is a nice person. Let me give you a little lesson here, I hope you will listen to me. Just because somebody disagrees with you doesn't mean they aren't a good person."...

..."What we have to have is make sure we have a debate in this country so that you can see what's going on and make a determination yourself," he said. "So don't catch yourself being biased by Fox News that somebody is no good. The people in Washington are good. They just don't know what they don't know."
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  2. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

>>>Coburn also advised his constituents to get their news from a broad range of sources: "Don't just watch Fox News or CNN, watch them both," he said. "I read two papers a day - the New York times, the Washington Post, and in between the Wall Street Journal. I get a perspective."<<<<<

Isn't that three? He ought to try reading his hometown newspaper or one outside the Northeast major markets for perspective. I give him credit for trying to be civil but it has to be reciprocal. When you have bombthrowers on both sides ( Rep. Grayson- "die soon") you rise or fall to that level....
  3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I agree with all of that. I just posted this thread because, while I'm no fan of Coburn or Pelosi, I thought it was good that there is an example of civility. We haven't seen much of that and, I can tell you personally, this country has been looking foolish lately both to ourselves and the rest of the world. I have foreign family, and they called me more than once asking what the funk was wrong with us here? Not that it was any of their business, but they were really shocked at the public tone they were hearing from far away. Until recently, our government was seen as a more button-down type of operation campared with the parliamentary shows that went on in Europe.
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +443 / 5 / -2

He's merely defending his own.

"The people in Washington are good"

I couldn't care less if Coburn/Pelosi walk little old ladies across the road, or take out their neighbors trash. The bottom line is that they are inept, corrupt, and destroying the country from within. So he, and her, can go to hell. If niether likes the name calling, or public anger, then maybe they should try doing a better job. Hopefully sometime soon, they'll each be out of a job.
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +562 / 2 / -9

Thats what I do, I watch MSNBC, NBC, CBS, I read The Boston Herald & The Boston Globe, then when I'm all done doing that I watch FOX News and Read Matt Drudge to find out all the things those other bastards don't want me to know.
  6. Phokus

Phokus Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Wow, a republican who isn't complete scum and shows some civility.

Thumbs up to Coburn, although i doubt i agree much with him.
  7. Phokus

Phokus Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Although one thing i disagree with Coburn: CNN is almost as bad as fox news. Anyone who gets news from cable news networks need to find a better source.

Forget about left/right bias, the real reason cable news is terrible is because they're less about news and more about entertainment.
  8. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +344 / 3 / -13

That is both shocking and refreshing...good find wistah!
  9. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

If you listen to the audio, he is quite good.

he talks about how we need to listen to others, even if we don't agree...the crowd starts to applaud, then he says "stop watching FOX news" and they go quickly silent.

Its like they loyal FOX-ers are unwilling to put down their crack pipe.
  10. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +72 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

The sky parted, the earth has been torn asunder, the dead have risen and are walking down main street as i type. :eek:
    I almost feel off the couch when i heard him last night.
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  11. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +527 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

It's a beginning, yanno? Hopefully it'll go better than some of the few attempts at bipartisanship go around here.
  12. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +153 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Physician, heal thyself.

You express being surprised that even one single republican isn't "complete scum and shows some civility". You do realize that by leaving the rest of us as nothing more than uncivil complete scum is about the most uncivil and scummy thing to say don't you Phocus?
  13. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Its refreshing to see a Senator tell people the honest truth about this bill, rather than lie them into being afraid of it.

He called out the lady, for being misinformed, and lied to by FOX. Which ofr a republican is quite astounding.
  14. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +153 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I agree, it is very refreshing to see. Astounding describes it well enough though without having to resort to immature name calling to make a point. I think people are a lot more apt to react positively and engage in debate with that kind of a "civil" observation. On the other hand I just found it both ironic and hypocritical that Phocus called out every other republican as being uncivil and complete scum....in the same sentence no less.
  15. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Not to defend name calling, but the hate rhetoric from the deliberaltly misinformed angry white right has been monumental. In a thread about a conservative preching dialog, name calling really thwarts the effort.

Not ALL righties take marching orders, it just seems that the most vocal ones do.

I'm all for a good argument, and debate. But when one side has been screaming bloody murder, when their stance is based on lies, it makes for a difficult dialog.

Thanks Tom Coburn! I agree with you 100% (I never thought in a million years I'd say that without an ounce of sarcasm)

too bad the unsilent dittoheads will not listen to him.
  16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +562 / 2 / -9

The Left Wings Idea Od Bipartisanship:
    Democrat Lieberman, when he trys it he's a traitor, Republican Coburn when he does it he's a great guy..............:singing:
  17. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Harry....

he isnt preaching "Bipartisanship" he is preaching debate, based on FACTS...not FOX.

Hit me up when Lieberman calls out FOX....it'll be a while, if at all.
  18. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +91 / 7 / -13

#37 Jersey

Let me know when a democrat blasts MSNBC or challenge moveon.org
  19. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

again...

HUGE difference in leaning left or right, and broadcasting lies as truths. Thats the biggest thing that Coburn was talking about. The lady asked a question ot him about being fined or put in jail if she didnt pay her healthcare. Its a straight up lie, he schooled her.
  20. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +562 / 2 / -9

Yup, exactly, Chris Matthews & Olderman are the Limbaugh & Beck of the Democrats, you'll never hear a democrat "blast" either one of them.