PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

COBBS vs. MARONEY

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankiesfly

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
this is where you can pick tour back. I like both backs and feel confidence in both of them. I give maroney the edge, I like the way maroney can make players miss, his intensity, and his off the line quickness. Who do you like in the cobbs, maroney match up?

frankiesfly said:
this is where you can pick tour back. I like both backs and feel confidence in both of them. I give maroney the edge, I like the way maroney can make players miss, his intensity, and his off the line quickness. Who do you like in the cobbs, maroney match up?

With the strong showing that Cobbs has made, I will be very surprised if Maroney makes this team.

Can you pass over whatever you smoked this morning?

frankiesfly said:

are you suggesting that cobbs will start over lomo??? please tell me i am reading this wrong.

Digger44 said:
are you suggesting that cobbs will start over lomo??? please tell me i am reading this wrong.

I think that's what he's suggesting.

This Cobbs HYPE is really starting to get at me.

:rofl: Classic!!

pats1 said:
I think that's what he's suggesting.

This Cobbs HYPE is really starting to get at me.
What doesn't get to you though? I mean really...

people are crazy and must be VERY bored to think of this comparison!
anyway, some guy from PFW was on sirius nfl radio yesterday afternoon for about 10 minutes (great pats talk... wish that boston sports radio would have the same) and he touched on a lot of subjects including cobbs.
he said it that even after the great camp he has had he is still a longshot to make the roster and will hopefully stick on the practice squad (unless someone picked him up). I personally hope he makes the 53, but its going to be a close one.

wow how far this forum has tumbled. this is just pathetic. i now vote for cutting lomo, aging dillon, and calwell. evans, pass, cobbs, and faulk will be just fine. when we get TO and KRob, Bam will open up as the defense watches them smack each other on the 50 yeard line.

pats1 said:
Can you pass over whatever you smoked this morning?

I know thats right its gotta be some good stuff.

Digger44 said:
wow how far this forum has tumbled. this is just pathetic. i now vote for cutting lomo, aging dillon, and calwell. evans, pass, cobbs, and faulk will be just fine. when we get TO and KRob, Bam will open up as the defense watches them smack each other on the 50 yeard line.
BRILLIANT!! :rocker:

Maybe Cobbs will be our Willie Parker?

Last edited by a moderator:
mikey said:
Maybe Cobbs will be our Willie Parker?

we would need dillon and lomo to go down to find out, so i hope he isnt.

I'd like to see Cobbs make the team.

Dilon, Maroney, and Faulk are locks at HB. Mills is considered a FB/TE. So that is 4 RBs right there. I could maybe see us keeping one more. I think it is down to Cobbs and Evans to fight it out over that last roster spot.

I'm not entirely sure who the best player is, but I am leaning towards Cobbs based on what I have seen. Both are good players though.

Pass is gone IMO.

Lloyd_Christmas said:
I'd like to see Cobbs make the team.

Dilon, Maroney, and Faulk are locks at HB. Mills is considered a FB/TE. So that is 4 RBs right there. I could maybe see us keeping one more. I think it is down to Cobbs and Evans to fight it out over that last roster spot.

I'm not entirely sure who the best player is, but I am leaning towards Cobbs based on what I have seen. Both are good players though.

Pass is gone IMO.

instead of cutting pass, pup or ir him so he doesnt go too far.

Digger44 said:
we would need dillon and lomo to go down to find out, so i hope he isnt.

I did not mean that Cobbs will replace Dillon and Lomo.

Dilllon and Lomo will be our "Bettis" and "Staley".

Cobbs will be our Willie Parker, who was also undrafted.

mikey said:
I did not mean that Cobbs will replace Dillon and Lomo.

Dilllon and Lomo will be our "Bettis" and "Staley".

Cobbs will be our Willie Parker, who was also undrafted.

sure i understand what you mean, but i hope you see my point as well. i hope dillon has 2 years left, and lomo will take over. i dont see where cobbs fits unless an injury takes place.

Oswlek said:
With the strong showing that Cobbs has made, I will be very surprised if Maroney makes this team.

Everybody, please look up the work SARCASM in the English dictionary. I believe Oswelek is being sarcastic. I can't believe people actually fell for this.

scott99 said:
Everybody, please look up the work SARCASM in the English dictionary. I believe Oswelek is being sarcastic. I can't believe people actually fell for this.
Sarcasm? What is this sarcasm that you speak of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes