PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cobbs traded to Steelers - Beisel, C. Brown, Mincey, Warfield, 6 others released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Down Goes Beisel! Down Goes Beisel!

Thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster!

Re: Cobbs traded to Steelers, Beisel and 9 others released

Mike the Brit said:
Beisel, Chad Brown AND Mincey! Wow! Good luck, Patrick.

But look for Mincey on the p/s.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a trade with some of these picks in the next week for a WR or LB.

2007 Draft Picks:
1st: 1
2nd: 1
3rd: 1
4th: 1
5th: 1
6th: 1 + up to 3 possibles
7th: 4 - up to 3 possible 6s

Compensatory picks yet to be decided, fantasize up to a 3rd if you like. Second day moves are going to be very interesting to watch.

Not Surprised, good to see him on his way and hopefully he'll land back in KC with herm..

Now i bet we hear that people supporting Beisel effort a week ago will now say something different...

They should have cut Hill instead of Mincey.

Maybe they can still trade Hill. Make Saban take him for a 6th.

Keep in mind that many of these picks are conditional. That can mean alot of different things. It could mean it's a 7th that could end up a 6th based on certain production points, or it could mean (for a guy like Cobbs) that it's a 7th if he makes the team and no pick if he doesn't. It's all about the language of the trade.

I really liked Cobbs...but after last night..I still hoped he'd make it to the PSqd...Pitts OBVIOUSLY liked him a lot...Good luck PC!!!! I hope he does well...hard to root for that team at all..but?? I hope he does OK and the team falls apart... Mincey may get picked up, but NO surprise here at all..he's been slow in making the transition..Evans makes it..REALLY good!! More draft picks..BB did a nice job.

Re: Cobbs traded to Steelers, Beisel and 9 others released

PatsRI said:
Beisel must really stink if Gardner goes down and he still gets cut.

According to DaBruinz Beisel is just misunderstood.

Are these the final cuts? Please don't tell me Klecko made this team?

for me the only surprise, partially, is Mincey

belichickaholic said:

No, still 12 or so cuts remaining... Klecko could yet be gone.

I think Pierre Woods has a decent chance of making this team now, which would be nice to see. Too bad about Mincey, but them's the breaks. None of the rest were a surprise. Beisel was so gone after his horrid showing in the Giants game.

Call me the voice of reason, but I don't understand the Cobbs and Branch moves (or in Branch's case, non move). I can't help but question Bioli/Belichick's moves lately. The only good that can come from the Cobbs move, is that it tells us that maybe Maroney's injury isnt that bad. I really wish they kept Cobbs, I bet he becomes Pittsburgh's Kevin Faulk now, and the move comes back to f*ck us in the playoffs or something. I really need some koolaid, cause I don't understand this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
belichickaholic said:

No there are still several more to come.

The team is at 63 total players, so 10 cuts need to be made.

There were 10 cuts, 1 I.R., and 1 trade down from 75.

Last edited:
scott99 said:
Call me the voice of reason, but I don't understand the Cobbs and Branch moves (or in Branch's case, non move). I can't help but question Bioli/Belichick's moves lately. The only good that can come from the Cobbs move, is that it tells us that maybe Maroney's injury isnt that bad. I really wish they kept Cobbs, I bet he becomes Pittsburgh's Kevin Faulk now, and the move comes back to f*ck us in the playoffs or something. I really need some koolaid, cause I don't understand this one.

Yea, cobbs can nicely fumble the ball to the Pats in the playoffs.

scott99 said:
He wasn't drafted and probably wasn't going to make the team. What's not to understand ? Dillon. Maroney. Faulk. One of the FB. There you go.

They probably knew Cobbs wouldn't make through waivers to be put on the practice squad so got what they could for him.

scott99 said:

A lot of people didn't think he was going to make the team. A lot of us thought he wouldn't make it to the PS. The Steelers were worried he wouldn't make it far enough down the waiver line. So we got a pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back