PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cobbs traded to Steelers - Beisel, C. Brown, Mincey, Warfield, 6 others released

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

September 01, 2006
Personnel moves

The Patriots have traded running back Patrick Cobbs to the Pittsburgh Steelers for an undisclosed draft choice. The team also announced the release of 10 players: LB Monty Beisel, WR Eddie Berlin, QB Corey Bramlet, TE Chris Luzar, WR John Stone, OLB Chad Brown, CB Vernell Brown, DL Eddie Freeman, OLB Jeremy Mincey, CB Eric Warfield.

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 04:01:35 PM

WEEI also reports Gardner was placed on the I.R.

The Pats have to make 10 more roster moves by tomorrow night to get down to 53.

Last edited:
Re: Cobbs traded to Steelers, Beisel and 9 others released

WOW NICE. We got rid of the fumbler for a draft pick!

pats1 said:
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

September 01, 2006
Personnel moves

The Patriots have traded running back Patrick Cobbs to the Pittsburgh Steelers for an undisclosed draft choice. The team also announced the release of 10 players: LB Monty Beisel, WR Eddie Berlin, QB Corey Bramlet, TE Chris Luzar, WR John Stone, OLB Chad Brown, CB Vernell Brown, DL Eddie Freeman, OLB Jeremy Mincey, CB Eric Warfield.
Posted By: mreiss | Time: 04:01:35 PM

Beisel, Chad Brown AND Mincey! Wow! Good luck, Patrick.

Beisel must really stink if Gardner goes down and he still gets cut.

What about Branch, though ? ;)

Seriously, that'll be another 7th rounder for Cobbs - I would imagine Bramlett and Mincey will be added to the PS if they make it through waivers.

So long Monty! Thank God that one is over. No other surprises. At least we got something for Cobbs. With the cap room and plethora of draft picks I imagine we've got a chance to get another LB and/or WR this week.

Well Beisel's fan club can put down their pitchforks and do that goat dance from the Dragnet movie. :D

PatsRI said:
Beisel must really stink if Gardner goes down and he still gets cut.
Bingo! We got Bingo! lol

Beisel is gone! Happy days are here again!

Was hoping Mincey stuck . . . looks like Woods will make it.

Pierre Woods and Eric Alexander all the sudden have a VERY good chance of making this team.

I suspect Chad Brown will be back after week 1, so that his salary won't be guaranteed.

warfield is a little bit of a surprise to me

shows how much smoke BB blows in his press conference :) few weeks back he said warfield had made great improvements.
mincey is a dissappointment after we spent a draft pick on him

(Sniff)

Hopefully Mincey m... m....makes it to the p...practice squad.

(Wipes tears away)

Adios Beisel:) :) :)

Woods still on the roster Good, Alexander also.

I hope Mincey makes it to the PS.

Jeez. I'm struggling to keep up tonight. You sit here looking at this thing for months with nothing happening, and then suddenly an avalanche.

I guess straight from his time at emergency QB, Troy Brown is now going to see time at inside linebacker.:confused:

Bummer about Mincey, I was really pulling for him. Hopefully he can make it to the PS.

I'm not suprised that Beisel got released. I defended him vehemently to Arbelle in the off-season because I wanted to see him go through another training camp and preseason. I watched him against the Falcons, and said, "you know what, Arbelle was right."

Suprised about Mincey. PS for him.

CAN YOU BELIEVE BB GOT A DRAFT PICK FOR AN UDFA -- Cobbs!!!!!!!! The Steelers were worried they were too far down the waiver line.

The Patriots are gonna have half the day 2 picks in football at this rate. They must have 4-5 extra picks by now; I've lost count. Getting a draft pick for an undrafted free agent is always nice, too ... it's like money for nothing.

Nothing too surprising going on here. Mincey probably is a PS candidate if no one else grabs him (I think he'll make it). Other than that ... obvious cuts, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots