Not open for further replies.

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Unless BB and his staff come up with something totally unexpected/outlandish, I don't see either team enjoying a strategic advantage Sunday. Coughlin is a good Xs and Os coach and Eli is smart and dedicated. Both teams know each others' tendencies, adjustments and personnel quite well. Both will be well motivated. This game will come down to skill, physicality/conditioning and turnovers. Turnovers probably more than anything.

The real difference between them...Coughlin punts on 4 and 2. Coughlin plays it more "By the book" than BB and that may be the difference in this game. While I agree with you on the aspects of game prep (a wash), I think no one is better and more daring than BB for game time decisions (Sean Payton may be a close second on the daring part).

There's also the injury factor. It happens every year. Look at 03 when Rodney and Gino went down. They were lucky that happened late because the defense was a sieve after that. GB last year lost Woodson and Driver last year.

I think the Giants can least afford an injury on the O-Line. I think the Patriots can least afford an injury in the secondary and safety in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back