Welcome to PatsFans.com

Coaching, schemes, strategies a push

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Tunescribe, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,182 / 5 / -19

#61 Jersey

Unless BB and his staff come up with something totally unexpected/outlandish, I don't see either team enjoying a strategic advantage Sunday. Coughlin is a good Xs and Os coach and Eli is smart and dedicated. Both teams know each others' tendencies, adjustments and personnel quite well. Both will be well motivated. This game will come down to skill, physicality/conditioning and turnovers. Turnovers probably more than anything.

2. TX_Patriot

TX_Patriot On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The real difference between them...Coughlin punts on 4 and 2. Coughlin plays it more "By the book" than BB and that may be the difference in this game. While I agree with you on the aspects of game prep (a wash), I think no one is better and more daring than BB for game time decisions (Sean Payton may be a close second on the daring part).

3. everlong

everlong Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +165 / 1 / -1

#12 Jersey

There's also the injury factor. It happens every year. Look at 03 when Rodney and Gino went down. They were lucky that happened late because the defense was a sieve after that. GB last year lost Woodson and Driver last year.

I think the Giants can least afford an injury on the O-Line. I think the Patriots can least afford an injury in the secondary and safety in particular.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.