PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coaching News: Browns to interview Mangini

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Browns are a very desperate Team if they even consider Mangini. A BB Coordinator haven't done well in the Pros yet. The Browns are always going to be 4th Best in that division anyway. That said not that i would say no if i was Mangini because he'll be laughing his way to the Bank yet again.

I wasn't aware they had hired a GM already. So I guess that means that Pioli isn't going to Cleveland?

That'd be pretty backward to interview and/or hire a coach before you have a GM, wouldn't it?

No at all. Might affect it, though.

It's stuff like this that makes me go to gas stations with no "no personal cheques excepted". ;)

What is a cheque? is it anything like a check?

They should hire Mangini and then Piloli so that Pioli will have the pleasure of firing him.

Hahahahaha!! Perfect shift into comedy overdrive!

I wasn't aware they had hired a GM already. So I guess that means that Pioli isn't going to Cleveland?

That'd be pretty backward to interview and/or hire a coach before you have a GM, wouldn't it?

=====================================================

Not realy, Parcells, Cowher, Shanny, Mangini, they would all want to pick there own GM.

Not realy, Parcells, Cowher, Shanny, Mangini, they would all want to pick there own GM.

Hahahahahahhahaha......... Parcells, Cowher, Shanny, Shotty, BB, Dungy....... these guys have cred and have earned the right to demand that as part of the packet. Hell, Woody would probably FIRE Tanenbaum just to get an interview with Cowher. :singing:

Mangini ain't quite in that category quite yet.

Last edited:

Three out of the four on that list would have some say in who the GM is.

jets have a unique situation where the coach needs to accept if favre comes back . if cowher says i dont want favre, does Mike T and woody accept it and release favre ?
Another example of the "kid who loves to play football" screwing up the offseason of a team. Ted Thompson is having the last laugh in this for sure.

Time to play a game. Which word does not fit in with the rest?

He would still be coaching the Jets if Favre didn't ruin the season. You could do much worse then having Mangini as your head coach. He needed better coordinators and I'm sure in his second job he will do much better.

Please. He AND all of you Jet fans thought Favre was your ticket. Now, he has proven he sucks...you all blame Favre and not Mangina...give me a break.

Point taken on Parcells, Cowher - maybe Shanahan.... they effectively ARE GMs should they agree to come into a new organizations (though Parcells seems done with coaching)

but I hardly think Mangini', coming off a $140 million spending spree that one would think he had SOME high level of input into that resulted in a mediocre record wouldn't be given such powers. I think you're really kidding yourself if he takes that "impressive" record and parlays it into ever MORE power than he had with the Jets.

Well, I still hate the guy. That said, my dislike of him doesn't necessarily mean he's as awful a coach as we wish he was. I still think he could be a good NFL head coach one day, I just don't think he was nearly ready for prime time.

Disagree....I hate him vehemently for the tarnishing of the NE Patriots last year after he called them out about something EVERYONE in the league did.....He is a gutless, cowardly traitor......and hope he always gets "what is coming to him".......Now as for part 2...He is a sh!tty coach as well.....F.U. Man-GiNA!!!!

Hahahahahahhahaha......... Parcells, Cowher, Shanny, Shotty, BB, Dungy....... these guys have cred and have earned the right to demand that as part of the packet. Hell, Woody would probably FIRE Tanenbaum just to get an interview with Cowher. :singing:

Mangini ain't quite in that category quite yet.

Three out of the four on that list would have some say in who the GM is.

jets have a unique situation where the coach needs to accept if favre comes back . if cowher says i dont want favre, does Mike T and woody accept it and release favre ?
Another example of the "kid who loves to play football" screwing up the offseason of a team. Ted Thompson is having the last laugh in this for sure.

Time to play a game. Which word does not fit in with the rest?

Point taken on Parcells, Cowher - maybe Shanahan.... they effectively ARE GMs should they agree to come into a new organizations (though Parcells seems done with coaching)

but I hardly think Mangini', coming off a $140 million spending spree that one would think he had SOME high level of input into that resulted in a mediocre record wouldn't be given such powers. I think you're really kidding yourself if he takes that "impressive" record and parlays it into ever MORE power than he had with the Jets.

I admit Mangini should not of been on my list, I was trolling, couldn't help myself.:)

My Bad. :mad:

As far as Favre goes.:(

I hope he retires. I love Favre, but the guy is a bonehead. I will always thank him for the 8 and 3, that was awesome, I am glad I took the time to savor the Pats and titans win considering Favre and the rest of the Jets took a big **** dive after that. At this point Favre is a coach killer, regardless of how much the coaching sucked and the Jets in general, Favre made some of the worst decisions I can remember seeing.

The only way this makes sense is that Mangini fullfills the minority interview part of the NFL policy. Mangini is in the minority category of mental midgets and wannabe's.

The only way this makes sense is that Mangini fullfills the minority interview part of the NFL policy. Mangini is in the minority category of mental midgets and wannabe's.

Wait, wait, wait... since when did Mangini become a COACH? This is new to me. :eek:

Maybe they were having Mangini in so they could see what not to look for in a head coach.

I admit Mangini should not of been on my list, I was trolling, couldn't help myself.:)

My Bad. :mad:

As far as Favre goes.:(

I hope he retires. I love Favre, but the guy is a bonehead. I will always thank him for the 8 and 3, that was awesome, I am glad I took the time to savor the Pats and titans win considering Favre and the rest of the Jets took a big **** dive after that. At this point Favre is a coach killer, regardless of how much the coaching sucked and the Jets in general, Favre made some of the worst decisions I can remember seeing.

Yeah we saw those too. On Sunday ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back