PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coaching Mistake: Keeping Gronk Out There in the Second Half

Status
Not open for further replies.

State

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
It was clear that Gronkowski wasn't a threat and was playing at well less than 100 percent. So why was he kept out there?

I was expecting Belichick and Co. to make the switch at halftime. I was looking for Solder to come in as a double tightend and seeing more smash mouth football.

But we know Brady got greedy on the broken play and a one-legged Gronk was boxed out by a linebacker playing out of his mind. And Blackburn got away with a little push.

Point is, why was Gronkowski out there when he wasn't a viable offensive weapon? You telling me Chad wasn't better? Or having Brady look more to Branch, who was open a couple of times when Brady didn't even look his way.

Come on, coaches. This decision is going to be second-guessed all off-season with no satisfactory results.

But we know Brady got greedy on the broken play and a one-legged Gronk was boxed out by a linebacker playing out of his mind. And Blackburn got away with a little push.

TBH, I think what happened was that Brady simply forgot that GRONK couldn't really go up and get the ball; if he were 100%, I think he comes down with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back